• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What era do you think the past in Oracle of Ages takes place?

I was wondering where Labrynna’s past took place. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes between the past and present? I’m assuming a few centuries. My guess is that it takes place generations after Ocarina of Time. I assume the Gorons and Zoras (maybe even Dekus for business purposes) migrated there. King Zora’s probably Ruto’s son, and the Jabu Jabu we see in the past is the child from the one in OOT. If anyone would like to tell me what their thoughts were about this, that would be awesome.

IIRC, the 400 years is a product of localization, but I can't find a source on that. Does anyone here know if I'm remembering correctly? I think that the Japanese original left the number of years unspecified.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm pretty sure it was just "the past". Not so sure about the 400 years, yes there were changes but that seems like such a large time gap the two timeframes would be more independent of each other. But seeing as the Oracle series has the same Link as aLttP, we can assume it's sometime between then and OoT.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I might be thinking of the wrong games but I was under the impression that the oracle games took place in worlds that were created by the three goddesses specifically to test link, so the past in this case wouldn't actually line up with anything from the timeline

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I might be thinking of the wrong games but I was under the impression that the oracle games took place in worlds that were created by the three goddesses specifically to test link, so the past in this case wouldn't actually line up with anything from the timeline
link to having sail on a ship to go back to hyrule in the ending kinda disproves that doesn't it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom