• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Entitles You to a Boyfriend/girlfriend?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I don't believe in the concept of entitlement, but I believe a good relationships come from two people finding one another who also deserve one another.

There's something about the word "entitled", or rather, the way it is used in this context, that just doesn't sit well with me. How can someone be "entitled" to someone else? Fill me in if I'm wrong, but that sounds an awful lot like some form of slavery or bondage. Whatever it is (or resembles), it gives off the air of "objectifying" others as if they're dispensable. Last time I checked, that's a bad thing (among you humes)...

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
well as I never looked for a relationship, ever, they found me.
have I ever felt entitled to a relationship?? I don't think so.. I never felt that I was entitled a particular person because that makes little since to me. how are you entitled a person? I never felt like I was ever entitled to love or a relationship.
I felt sometimes that maybe that I do deserve to love and be loved by someone in my life and sometimes I feel like i don't.
man this one really had me thinking and i'm still confused as to what to say! lol thinking is hard...

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
this is an interesting question...
I don't think people are "entitled" to a relationship, exactly...like, "entitling" sounds like you own the person, like "hey I've been nice to you for a while that means date me you're mine now huahuahua" sort of thing.
Deserving is a bit different.
I think everyone deserves to be happy, and if someone's idea of happiness=a relationship and they find someone who they can be happy with and who feels the same way about them, go for it. And vice versa, if someone is happier without feeling the need to have a relationship and prefers being alone, then go ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom