• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What DON'T You Want in Zelda Wii?

G

GerudoRose

A water temple or any temple where there is water....I am fine with a swamp temple.

T

tanonkatt

- A Twilight zone where you are afraid all the time as i TP. Nothing to enjoy there I can tell.
- Maybe the hookshot can take a break, it's always the same thing.
- Hyrule, with its lake and desert. A new Termina would be a blessing!
- Zant. Such a clown.
- Five-heart-container, it's way too much.
- A magical bomerang. Why not some simple items?
- Six bottles! What's the matter?

Probably some more things, but they're not in my mind at the moment.

octorok74

TETTAC
Thinks I don't want to in Zelda Wii, well this is a change.
Let me start my list:
-Tingle, because I don't want to pay a large amount of rupees for a map.
-Bland overworld, show me the creativeness used to make this game.
-Useless items, I don't want a slingshot if I'm going to end up getting a bow and some arrows.
-Technological advances in transportation, either give me a horse or make me walk the whole time.
-Boring sidequests, I want a sidequest that I have to do to get a nessasary item while at the same time it makes me want to come back.
-Magic armor, why would I want something that takes away my rupees.
-Useless shop items, shops need to carry items that I need and that I can find no where else.

These are all of the things I don't want to see in the game. Even if some of these things are in the game, I'll still buy it because it is a Zelda game.

-Quirky transportation
I'm kinda sick of what we've been getting from this category. Having a sailboat in WW is as far as I care to go, let alone a steamboat and then a train. I just want to walk for once. Too slow? Bring back the Pegasus Boots. Nintendo needs to bring ideas like that back. I want a break from horses too, but I guess I could live with them...

-Items that you can't USE
I'm looking at you, TP. Great ideas for items, but what's the point if I can't use them outside a specific dungeon effectively? I could complain about this to an extent for every single 3D Zelda too. I just want to have to use everything to the max you know? Feel like I REALLY depend on that item for my very survival instead of it just sitting there waiting for a single simple puzzle in every other dungeon.

-Cheap Special Moves
The parry in WW is what mainly ticked me off, but TP is guilty too with that back slash. They just make combat too easy I think. Sure, they make for really cool finishing blows on huge bosses and stuff, but they made the enemies that were supposed to be the hardest rather easy (Darknuts). I do welcome other techniques, like that move where you slammed you shield into the opponent in TP, but I'd like for them to keep it simple.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
A lack of difficulty is something I really don't want to see repeating itself in ZW. TP and WW were awful as far as difficulty goes. There was very little to no challenge at all. A great many things contributed to this, however I think some of the major causes of the lack of challenge foun in these games were a lack of challenging puzzles, no truly challenging enemies or bosses, and too much hand-holding from Nintendo.

There have been a few puzzles in recent Zelda's which have successfully baffled many, however for the most part the puzzles in games have been very lacking. I think it's partly because Nintendo keeps re-using many of the same puzzles. (Block-pushing, torch-lighting, etc.) It seems to be a matter of choice by Nintendo. In both WW and TP there were some excellent opportunities for challenging puzzles, especially with the ability in WW to have a companion in the dungeon, and in TP with some of the new items. There weren't very many challenging puzzles utilizing these new elements though.

Another problem I don't want to see reappearing in ZW is easy enemies and bosses. I think that while increasing the damage Link takes from monsters or decreasing the damage monsters take could help solve the problem, in order to really fix it I think they simply need to make some of the enemies more intelligent, with better AI programming. I can see them keeping the 'lesser' enemies dumb. (ChuChus, for example, probably aren't meant to be an intelligent enemy.) However, surely they could put some effort into making the more powerful enemies and bosses 'smarter'. I also think that bosses especially should be able to take more damage than three hits. After all, they aren't 'The Boss' for nothing.

I think Nintendo simply tried to hard to hold the players hand, this can be seen somewhat in WW and especially TP. One example of Nintendo acting like an over protective parent is the constant rupee messages you got in TP whenever you came across a rupee that was worth more than one. This was extremely annoying, and after a while I would simply avoid rupees entirely because of how tedious it was to be told how much a rupee I've picked up dozens of times before was worth. Holding the player's hand a little is okay, but it is easy to get carried away.

There are many other minor things I don't want to see in Zelda Wii, but the ease with which I beat WW and TP is something I definitely don't want to see.

Zarom

The King
What I don't want to see in ZW? Simple.

-Lack of difficulty. WW and TP were both very easy. Especially TP. The bosses were incredibly weak, as well as the enemies. The only challenging part was the Cave of Ordeals, and even. For a T-rated game, I though the difficulty was very lacking. Since when are Zelda games easier than Mario games? Anyway...

-Empty overworld. Ok, if they put a big overworld, at least put more things in it. More enemies, more secret places, whatever. Just do something like MM's Termina Field, there was just so much to do in it and it never got boring. And also, I want to have fun exploring the areas. Sadly, the shadow bugs quests in TP kind of screwed the exploration part (for me anyway), which is something that should be important in the series.

That's all I kind think of right now. I do have some other minor complaints, but overall the lack of difficulty and boring parts are what I don't want to see in ZW.

Linkette

Heroine of Time
TINGLE!!
...and cell shaded graphics which I don't think they'll do it. just look at the artwork.

I also don't want boring NPCs with lack of character and pitch dark rooms. I hate dark. A new baddie and repetetive dungeon designs or dungeons you have to go over and over again (Temple of the Ocean King and Tower of Spirits)

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
Hmm this is a no brain'r for me. No Vitality Sensor!!!!!
Once the vitality sensor gets into the Zelda game, it will go downhill. From what i have heard about it, it will be used to measure your fear when it comes to a boss battle. Now that is just stupid!!!!

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
Vitality sensor- same reason as above, and how can it tell fear from exitment?

From what I know, both adreneline and fear make your heart go faster. And also, if so, it will most likely make the bosses harder if you get "scared" (the sensor will sense your pulse). But adreneline makes you fight harder. So if I get excited and play a little harder, will it make the boss really tough? That's not really fair.

Ganondorf- seriously, give this guy a break, let other criminals take over. Ones with more of a story.

Boring overworld- I hated the overworld in PH and ST, The overworld is basically the same thing over and over again, and none of it is interactive.

Better sidequests- I also hated the sidequests from PH and ST, they were just way too boring and repetative, "carry someone across a boring overworld.", "carry objects over a boring overworld", etc. I want ones like the Anju and Keifi quest from MM.

Easyness- I'm not sure if this is a word, but I want harder games. Harder enemies and bosses, too.

One-use items- I don't want items that you only use in one temple, or just once to get a heart piece.

Z

Zoras Domain

I don't want to see:

1.TINGLE, I don't know why, but nintendo seems to love him
2.Hand holding, spoon feeding or whatever you wish to call it, I want to play on my terms and not navi's or midna's, ect
3.Transportation. No boat, no train, hanglider or hot air balloon. Give me a horse (optional, though I personally enjoy riding Epona), a pair of boots and a point in the general direction of where I want to go.
4.Lack of different tunics/boots/swords/shields. They didn't have these in MM(one of my personal favourites), but the different masks more than made up for it (I mean come on, Zora link was awesone).
5. One-use items. I despise the old one-item, one-temple then bury it in your backpack sooo deep you'll never have to see it again, routine.
6. Easy bosses. I'll give TP some credit, they were creative with the bosses, but it was too easy. I get the whole make it easy for the casual gamers thing, but what about us? Don't we deserve a challenge?
7.Quick area run-throughs. I want to take my time in a new area, not rush off to where-ever to get whatever it is you have to get.
8.Timed or easy puzzles. I really want to HAVE to take my time with them, nintendo's puzzles for whatever reason it may be, have gotten easier, and I only had to, once, attempt a puzzle more than once in TP (sacred grove puzzle with the guardians).
9. Less than 5 dungeons. In my opinion, there should at least be 5 dungeons. Forest/grass/swamp, mountain/dessert/fire, water/lake/ocean (though I despise them), one of a random variety, and the final.
10.Unoriginal main villain. I'm not saying, throw out Ganon(dorf), lets get a new guy, just an original motive/way of battleing him. A lesser-seen vilain would be nice, and, this is pretty obvious, but can we put Dark Link in there, at least as a mini-boss.
11. Empty Areas. What more needs to be said.
(PS, I do know that people have hilighted most, if not all of these before, its just my opinion)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I don't want no transportation (in other words, I want transportation) in Zelda Wii. Trust me guys, at first, it might sound fun walking around the overworld exploring things but once you need to do something, it can get annoying to get to your destination in 15 minutes. Now that the overworlds are getting bigger, it is vital to even have Epona with you to get to places quicker.

With the original LoZ, the overworld was small and therefore, it didn't need transportantion.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Also I don't want to see any more howl stones, or the stones that were from ST, I think they were a bad idea. Yes the wind can blow through a hole and make a whistling sound, but really, it's not that cool. Plus we could only use each stone once in TP. we couldn't howl that song anywhere else and the fact that it made you howl around just to find out what the song is and then they make you sing it again! No thanks you!

As sorry as it makes me feel I hope the wolf side of Link goes away... So in other words something I don't want to see again is Wolf Link. He was cool, but our hero needs to move on.

the main thing i really dont want is for nintendo to try and make casual gamers like this game.

please nintendo you can make millions off of casual gamers from mini games that take half a day to make, theres no need to ruin zelda for us hardcore fans just so underage kids can play the game, dont explain to me whats happened in the story so far every 20 mins, id like to work it out myself and it ruins the atmosphere (phantom hourglass)

also ive said this before but illl say it again, if they make a transportation system i will brutally kill them, i want a nice big overworld that looks good and has a good amount of stuff (tp did have a good amount of stuff but couldve had more). oh and if they make it linear like final fantasy 13 (sorry fans, just what ive been hearing, and from the looks of final fantasy, to me it doesnt look like a game that can get away with being linear, just my first impression.) i will also kill them,

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
the main thing i really dont want is for nintendo to try and make casual gamers like this game.

please nintendo you can make millions off of casual gamers from mini games that take half a day to make, theres no need to ruin zelda for us hardcore fans just so underage kids can play the game, dont explain to me whats happened in the story so far every 20 mins, id like to work it out myself and it ruins the atmosphere (phantom hourglass)

also ive said this before but illl say it again, if they make a transportation system i will brutally kill them, i want a nice big overworld that looks good and has a good amount of stuff (tp did have a good amount of stuff but couldve had more). oh and if they make it linear like final fantasy 13 (sorry fans, just what ive been hearing, and from the looks of final fantasy, to me it doesnt look like a game that can get away with being linear, just my first impression.) i will also kill them,

Agreed.

They can do that with the DS games. Anyway, while looking at the poster of Zelda Wii, it looks pretty mature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom