• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Does Zelda Mean to You

well as we all know zelda is a game of many things such as (action,humor,suspense,thriller,random,and maybe a lil dumb sometimes)....but has a player why do you play zelda what keeps you interested and what would you do if it were discontinued in America...
leave comments
or reach me at [email protected]
or [email protected]

Ariel

Think for yourself.
If it were discontinued, my outlet for adventure would disappear.

Not just adventure in its literal sense, also emotionally through the story (though that could be replaced with a book or T.V series), cognitively with its exploration of themes and ideas (replaced by history, science and politics for me), artistic exploration with its inspiring design and influences (replaced by music), and a great sense of fun and challenge (replaced by sport). But Zelda is the most eloquent and efficient vehicle for this adventure, and I value it tremendously for opening my mind to the world.

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
if it were discontinued in america.... i would not care since i am english and live in england. :)
but i think it is zelda that fuels my imaganation.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would be soooooo pissed if they discontinued it here in the good ol US of A. What keeps me coming back is the sword-weilding, world-saving, dungeon/puzzle-solving, evil-battling-and-destroying pure awesomeness. It fuels the imaginative and adventurous side of me. Not to mention that Link is one kick-a$$ hero. The Legend of Zelda is one of the best video game franchises in existence, if not THE best. Without it, I cannot ever hope to begin to describe the amount of boredom I would suffer from on a regular basis.

Wow, this is, like, a nightmare thread. You're basically asking me "what would you do without that one thing that allows to escape from everyday life?" Yeah, I'd freak out, cringe on the floor and keep murmering "struck by lightning...struck by lightning..." What keeps me interested? The fact that, after doing all the dungeons, acquiring all the items, defeating all the bosses...there are still some secrets to be revealed. All the plot twists, from Sheik being Zelda, to Ganondorf being "god", almost every game has that one one moment which has me going "what? what?! WHAT!?" Thats what keeps me interested.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
I would be very sad.No other games give me the sense of epicness. I wouldn't cry and cringe on the floor. i have a life,however nerdy. i would just be sad.Although there really is no reason why they would ever shut it down,unless everyone @ nintendo died,or if they went out of buisness(but what r the chances of that.) Hell,at least we still have games like halo and final fantasy.

Wow, this is, like, a nightmare thread. You're basically asking me "what would you do without that one thing that allows to escape from everyday life?" Yeah, I'd freak out, cringe on the floor and keep murmering "struck by lightning...struck by lightning..." What keeps me interested? The fact that, after doing all the dungeons, acquiring all the items, defeating all the bosses...there are still some secrets to be revealed. All the plot twists, from Sheik being Zelda, to Ganondorf being "god", almost every game has that one one moment which has me going "what? what?! WHAT!?" Thats what keeps me interested.
umm...yeah,that is just slightly sad.

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I would cry if Zelda was discontinued! It is an outlet for my imagination. When I'm angry or stressed, it's one of the few things that can calm me down because it occupies my mind and lets me take out by anger by beating things up haha. So basically without Zelda, I'd be one angry little stress ball lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom