• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Does Your Username Mean?

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
Drahsid, what does it mean? It depends on what language you use it in.
For the most Part, Drahsid is a 'forgotten' word from the time that demons were beleived to hoard citys (some time in the BCs) What Drahsid ment then was Dracanion (dra) horrid (h) stressfully intolerable [the d is unknown](sid) although when I first used it [in 2010] I liked how it sounded, although didn't know what it first ment. nowadays it means a few different things.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I chose DarkLink7 because I was in my "I <3 Dark Link!" phase. I mean, he's still cool..... anyway, and the 7 comes from the number of dungeons in TP, my favorite Zelda game.

D

Distorted

I hate to admit it, but when I was like 11 I stole it from a friend while playing the original Diablo online. He was going through a poetic phase and I liked the word so I used it. Stuck with me ever since.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
My username was semi- made up on the spot about 3-4 years ago, on a social website for NERDS, called GaiaOnline.com. xD
I previously had a different name that had nothing to do with it, but just so happened to involve the word "Twilight" was in it. (and I actually used the name before that book was even popular, and before I heard of it)
I got a lot of complaints from people saying that it was dumb, or other comments about it, and it drove me insane so I decided to change it.

Now, I formulated "Akuhime-sama" from what I knew in Japanese. "Aku" means bad, evil, dark, or something along those lines. "Hime" is princess.... I essentially wanted to be called "Dark Princess" because it sounded neat. Now, "-sama" is what you refer to a Princess AS. just as you would refer to a guy as -kun.

So, basically, when you use my name, you are calling me "your royal Dark Princess" or something of the sort, since there is no direct translation for "sama"... its just what you use to call somebody of high status, such AS, a princess.

But yes. There you have it. My name is Dark Princess in Japanese. ^^

Oh, and even though I first used it on Gaia, I've adopted it throughout all my other internet interactions. So, I'm Akuhime-sama everywhere I go. It's nice because nobody else has it.

I used to go by Sonoran-chan.... but there's a long story behind that. I actually really like the name. The Sonoran, is a desert in North America. It is the desert that covers Texas, Navada, and all the way down into Mexico. It's in that area. I picked the name just because I loved the sound of it, and I liked deserts. The Sonoran is my favorite sounding desert name, and well, I used -chan because just "Sonoran" was too plain, and "chan" again came from what you would call a suffix. I am and forever will be influenced by Japanese culture. :3

(Also part of the reason I liked deserts were because of Gaara from Naruto... I was a huge Naruto fan at the time)

I chose my gaming username in homage to the original Phantasy Star, my favorite video game (other than Zelda, that is). Miki is a character in the game who resides in a small town. She asks you if you "like Sega games." If you answer yes, she replies "of course, Sega games are the best!" This character is based off "Gamer Miki" Miki Morimoto, who was on the Sega team for the Phantasy Star game.

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I've always been 'Plum' because my last name is 'Plummer' (How creative). 'Blitz' comes from when I first started animating, I was animating for a game engine called BlitzSonic. PlumBlitz sounds silly, so I'm BlitzPlum!

Dan

The same as my real name(I bet you're surprised) "GoD will be my judge", which has to the worst meaning ever since GoD judges everyone, whoever came up with that meaning deserves a chicken to the face.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Listen to what I say or I'll annoy the crap outta ya. ;)
Just kidding, I couldn't really think of anything better at the time.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Beauts.... well this is kind of embarassing, but my ex boyfriend used to call me Beauts as in short for beautiful, I know it's dumb, and I never named this account for him because we had broken up before I joined. However, it kind of stuck and a lot of my/his mutual friends call me that. Also it's short and sweet and doesn't tend to already be taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom