• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Does Your Username Mean?

So, A long, long time ago, I was looking for a username on another forum. I eventually came up with "Timeless" and it stuck because It's short, no numbers (That vexes me when its on my name) and sounds classy.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Well, my name was derived from the ancient Egyptian giant rocks, originally "tunelnik" (that was a typo).
It means many things now, but one of the most common is "He who didn't think his username out and said,'You know what, I'll put the first thing that popped into my mind! Allonsi!'" And thus the tale of tunelnik began. It also is the name of my favorite SSBB character next to Lucas.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Goodness, it was made so long ago, I can hardly remember...

I think it was an homage to me only ever owning and playing Nintendo games, and thinking I was a 'Master' of sorts. Kind of a silly name now, but I still think it fits. nintendo is still my favorite franchise.

Good Nayru.

A monolith is a giant rock formation, one huge stone that acts like a mountain but isn't.

To be Hylian is to live in Hyrule, or to belong to/be created by Hylia.

An underscore represents space between two things without being a space.

It's a family name not originally my own, passed down for generations along a line of a dear friend to me. I found her bleeding in the road and as a parting gift she gave em the name. She died in my arms. Now I uphold it and her memory with pride and modesty. [/bluff]

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I might as well post my Skype name logic here as well:

trenchcoatgallifreyan

Trench Coat: A long coat, and one of my favorite things to wear (warm and awesome)

Gallifreyan: A native of Gallifrey, home world of the Time Lords, such as the Doctor

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
When I first began internetting, I was a part of this chat site that mainly did Pokemon things, like battling, and discussing pokemon. My favorite pokemon is a Charizard. I use to be obsessed with pokemons japanese names too. So, I put the two together and bam! I got "TheRizardon" because I couldn't use it without the "the".

It just stuck to me after that, even though i've been done going to that chat website, and battling. I'm not even sure if "Rizardon" is the proper Japanese name either.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
My username doesn't mean anything; It's just some random name I came up with when trying to make an account on Adventure Quest Worlds.
As for why it's my username, well, since it's just some random thing that came out of my head, it's never taken by anyone else. And so, I usually use this name when making an account for something.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I'm a virulent labyrinth, clearly...

I was 12 or 13 at the time. Needed a username, and I had just finished playing Fable 1. There was a character in it named Maze, so I decided to go with that, but it was taken where I wanted to sign up (whatever it was for), so I added Viral in front of it.
The story also includes explosions, bad guys, and a risque sex scene, but I excluded those for brevity.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
My username is really not that simple when you break it down and closely analyze it. "Atticus" or "Αττικού" in the Greek Language, means "one with a delicate mind." I chose it because, at the time, I thought it was rather symbolic and meaningful. I felt that I could really connect with such a name, regardless if it was masculine or not -- it had such a great meaning and depth behind it. It was almost love at first sight, and I chose it to be a representation of myself. Thus, here I am today.

loljk, I just really like Atticus Finch.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I tried "The Imprisoned" but that ZD account never worked. I liked The Imprisoned, generally because it is a time paradox. Even Ocarina of Time was lass paradox-y than that. Look out, Spoiler ahead!!
Technically, if The Imprisoned is Demise, then Link would have failed to defeat Demise when he goes through the Gates of Time, strictly because The Imprisoned IS Demise in Link's time. (This doubles for Zelda. As soon as you go into the Sealed Temple, you can see the orange crystal).

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
My username is the two acronyms of the two usernames of my previous account, HylianHero and TwlightFlame.

Linkerbelle means "Seer of Wisdom and Grapefruits" in Mandarin Chinese.

Is it a bad thing that I say that with a Scottish accent every time I read it?

Um, my serious story. I mean, the one I shared before was completely serious[:right:], but this is the less-believable alternate legend.

I like ThinkGeek. I read the magazines whenever I get my hands on them and gawk at all the geeky stuff they have. I own nine shirts and at least 20+ pieces of their merchandise total. So, what does this have to do with it?

I'd recently gotten into Zelda.

There was a space monolith action figure in the magazine.

There ya go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom