• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Does Your Team Comprise Of?

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
First things first, loving the new section!

Back to the question, what pokémon are in your team? What makes it tick? Who is mostly used? Why?
I have two teams on the go, one for White and another for HG.
My white team is nearly always this:
Jellicent, aka McTash. He is my bulk and just looks awesome.
Serperior, aka Shnake. My game froze the first time I started, and I'm glad because I then got a female Snivy (which is rare) and it was going to be called Shesnake, but Shnake just sounded better.
Liligant, aka Shorty. Quiverdance and Petal dance make a pwnage combo.
Conkledurr, aka Lumpy. He is my main source of power, able to OHKO pretty much anything!
Zoroark, aka Ninja. I love illusion and Foulplay is a nice dark move with STAB.
Electross, aka Spaark. My fave looking pokémon to date. I don't have a thing for electric types, but Levitate gives him no weaknesses.

My HG team is:
Aerodaktyl, aka Rocky Rd.. Raised him from an egg and he is stupid-powerful!
Magnezone, aka Resonance. He decimates opponants, and my friends always trembled with fear when I sent him out and they saw "Resonance used Lock-on", knowing what would come next.
Typhlosion, aka Flash. My starter, nuff said.
Furret, aka ...I forgot. Amnesia and batonpass give good Sp.Def. to pokes that need it.

I'll edit my post when I remember them, but for now please post your teams!

Ice Sage

these are words
Well, I'll list the pokemon I usually use.
lv. 100 Charizard (Firefly) - MY favorite pokemon and one of my team of three from FR.
lv. 100 Zapdos - One of my team of three from FR.
lv. 100 Suicune - One of my team of three from FR.
lv. 100 Deoxos - I got it in a tread from my friend and it is powerful.
lv. 100 Raquaza - Powerful.
lv. 100 Blazican - A great pokemon.

Eh, I only remember two of my Wi-fi teams at the moment.

Platinum

Empoleon
Luxray
Staraptor
Togekiss
Abomasnow
Magmortar

Black

Samurott
Liepard
Zebstrika
Sawsbuck
Beartic
Chandelure

Even if they aren't the best choices for competitive battling, I love them to death since I used them for the main story as well.

Last edited:
White:
Serperior- Grassassin
Krookodile- Pliskin (named after Snake from MGS2)
Swanna- SwanSong
Galvantula- Statik
Haxorus- Kruxx
Volcarona- Volvagia :P

And my SS team!
My team.jpg

Blaziken-Blazy Lv. 100. Moves: Sky Uppercut, Brave Bird, Blaze Kick, Overheat Fun Fact: First Pokemon

Swellow Lv.100 . Move: Fly, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Attract Fun Fact: 4th Pokemon

Wailord Lv. 100 Moves: Surf, Scald, Attract, Slam Fun Fact: High Speed

Gallade: Lv. 97 Moves: Stone Edge, Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Drain Punch. Fun Fact: The guy in the Battle Subway told me That my Gallade's best Stat was HP. He then told me that his Attack was just as good. His Defense is good too. His Sp. Attack was as good. His Sp. Defense is good too. His speed is just as good. He couldn't be better in that regard. so in short, my Gallade is a god.

Gliscor Lv. 96 Moves: Earthquake, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang. Fun Fact: In the Battle Subway, my Brother and I took a Multi Train Challenge together and his first pokemon was electivire and mine was gliscor. His Electivire turned out to know Earthquake, Fire punch, Ice punch, and Thunder Punch!

Metagross Lv.100 Moves: Gyro Ball, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, and Magnet Rise. Fun Fact: caught as a Lv. 56 Beldum when I had 2 Rare Candies on me.

Pen

The game is on!
I always organize my teams in the same way. By that I mean that I have a pattern I follow to create the best teams (this I've done since Pokémon Blue). This is how I do it:

A water type Pokémon
A fire type Pokémon
A flying type Pokémon

Those three are alway in my teams, always! Of course they can have double elements, but these are always there in some way. Then I have another part of the setup that I almost always follow:

A grass type Pokémon
An electric type Pokémon
A "hiker" Pokémon

The grass and electric type Pokémon are sometimes switched out to ice, bug, psychic, poison, dark, ghost or dragon types, but not too often. And with the "hiker" Pokémon I mean that it's a type often used by the hikers in the games, those are rock, ground, fighting or steel.

So, to show of one of my examples here is one team. It's my best team so far and everyone are Lv. 100 (they are in my Pokémon Soul Silver):

Typhlosion (fire)
Licario ("hiker" - fighting/steel)
Blastoise (water)
Sceptile (grass)
Amphaross (electric)
Togekiss (flying - flying/normal)

EBWODP

Also, I never, ever use legendary Pokémon in my teams! It all get's way too easy and it seems almost like cheating...

B

Blaze Hero

richardsteamphotous.png

My favorites team.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
I have handfuls of really decent teams from all the Pokemon games that I've played, but I have comprised a "final" team if you will, one that I actually call my own team instead of just a team belonging to a certain version of the game. :3

My team, lovingly nicknamed my "Uber Team," since they were the first Pokemon I was ever able to raise to Lv. 100 are as follows:

Leonidus, the Charizard - My starter from Leaf Green. Leo has always held a special place in my heart since I first got him as a Chramander. That's a bond that has yet to cease. He also kicks much butt. :3 I only realized in Gen 5. that he supposedly had a Superior potential overall, so that may be why. XD;
Mercury, the Vaporeon - A bit of a surprise on this one. I normally choose Espeon as a main Eeveelution since it is my favourite, but I got Mercury in Leaf Green where Espeon wasn't an evolutionary choice, so I went with my second favourite. I got really attached to him and couldn't think on replacing him after that.
Osiris, the Mewtwo - Osiris became a permanent part of my team due to my little habit of taking him on lone runs to kick the butts of the Elite Four. XD He was just so much fun to train with. :3 Not only that, he seemed to compliment the rest of the team I had at the time.
Crow, the Tyranitar - Crow is my shy little boy whom I raised from a Lv. 20 Pupitar in Leaf Green. I have always wanted to try and train for a Tyranitar, even if it was just for Pokedex fodder, but raising a Pokemon to Lv. 55 tends to take various tolls on you, and Grow just became integrated with the team somewhere along the way.
Rakuren, the Rayquaza - Rakuren was a bit of an accident, really. XD; I love Rayquaza, don't get me wrong, but when I caught this guy in Ruby, he was supposed to be Pokedex fodder for my Leaf Green version. However, while in Leaf Green, I needed to train some other Pokemon up and he was the strongest that I had who knew the move Fly to make things more convenient at the time. :/ Somewhere along the way, I fell in love with the dragon and placed him on my team with the others. :3
Anubis, the Lucario - My favourite of the fourth Gen, I raised Anubis from an egg and acquainted him with the rest of my team once I migrated them over from Leaf Green. He has the most diverse moveset of the bunch. :3

Collectively, I have raised this team for about 5 or 6 years, so I don't think it'll be changing again any time soon. I'm not sure why this team is the closest one I have to the heart exactly, but I do know that how they fell into place must have been no accident. :3 I am very proud of this team. They are my babies and I've worked very hard along-side them to get them to the point where they are at now. They currently reside in my Black version in the Battle Box, and occasionally taken out when I really begin to miss them.

It may be silly, being so sentimentally attached to pixels, but these guys are my pixels and I love them. <3 That's all that matter to me, really. :3

G

garomaster

I have Soul Silver and my team includes:
Lvl 65 Tyranitar
Lvl65 Murkrow
Lvl65 Houndoom
Lvl65 Crawdaunt
Lvl65 Shiftry
Lvl65 Drapion
Still Gotta lot of work to do with them, but I figured its a somewhat creative team

Dragon Master

Master of Dragon Pokemon
My Rayquaza is like Pikachu is to Ash. Arceus was the beginning of my unbeatable team. Ghiritina is the underestimated, hidden secret member that kicks butt. Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem are all new and I'm still trying to uncover their potential. All are level 100.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
First time I ever tried HG, my team was composed of:

Scizor
Noctowl
Absol
Charizard
Feraligatr
Flareon

Probably a weak team with two fire based pokes in there. This time around I am training several new teams, some I already finished training and won't disclose them here, but here is one team. The number is the level they are at:

Nidoqueen 31 (Love to poison enemies, that's why I use her)
Houndoom 60 (Irl I don't like dogs that much but with this monster I will make an exception, gotta love Dark/Fire)
Meganium 45 (Gotta have grass in there)
Bagon 27 (Special little guy, I want to get him to his final form)
Starmie 7 (I haven't used sea pokemon that much, but I like how this one looks)
Staravia 25 (Gotta have something that flies)

For my Pearl play-through I currently have. (I was too lazy to look their levels up)

Prinplup
Staravia
Luxio
Bidoof
Shinx
Machop

My team can have any pokemon on it, but it has to have my blaziken and kyogre in it. I love those two with a passion.

The team I currently use consists of the following...

1. Politoed - Politoed is the heart of my team as he is what makes it work together so well, he allows for others to attack with their maximum potential while helping remove any threats caused by fire-type pokemon to my pokemon that have a fire weakness. That is due to his Drizzle ability mainly.
2. Gengar - Gengar is an old favourite so I always try to fit him into a team. It helps hugely that he is a massive power house, he can be amazingly powerful when used correctly.
3. Scizor - Scizor is practically the physical version of my Gengar, except he also helps my team by taking hits for other pokemon due to his decent defences and health combined with his wonderful typing.
4. Ferrothorn - He has become a new favourite since Gen V came out, he makes sure everyone stays alive and makes sure that any major threats can easily be killed with his support moves.
5. Rotom-W - His typing takes maximum advantage of the rain that is offered by Politoed allowing him to hit with both of his STAB moves with maximum damage and accuracy.
6. Gliscor - Obviously my team is open to electric types, so I use him to help deal with it. Especially since the rain allows for any electric types using STAB Thunder to get maximum damage and accuracy with the move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom