• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Does Your (Real) Name Mean?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Inspired by a conversation in the shoutbox about the meaning of different names in Zelda, I thought it'd be interesting if we all talked about what our real names' meanings or roots are.

If you don't feel comfortable actually telling us your real name that's fine, you can just stick to what it means :) bonus points though if you can say why your parents called you what they did!

My real name, as many of you know, is Georgia. This is not just the name of a southern US state, or of a country south of Russia. It is also, obviously, the feminine form of George, which means 'farmer'. St George is also the patron saint of England, where I'm from, fyi. I was named this after the song 'Georgia On My Mind' by Ray Charles though, not for it's meaning or any other reason.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
There are a small handful of people here that know my real name but I dont feel like saying it in a thread like this. My real name is a bible name and I dont know why my parents chose it other than them being Christians. But it means "one who is close to God", and I find that pleasantly ironic considering I grew up to be non-religious.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
There are a small handful of people here that know my real name but I dont feel like saying it in a thread like this. My real name is a bible name and I dont know why my parents chose it other than them being Christians. But it means "one who is close to God", and I find that pleasantly ironic considering I grew up to be non-religious.

Is your name Jesus?????????????????????????

karu

Panamaniac
My name in this forum, karu: Singer; poet; maker. The meaning is both Indian and Sanskrit

My name in real life, Perla: Pearl. The name is Spanish

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Chase (v): To pursue

Okay, looked it up, and that joke wasn't actually far off. It was a Middle English nickname for a huntsman, and means "To Chase or Hunt"

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom