• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Does PS4 Have Compared to the Xbox One?

Everytime I argue with my friends between the PS4 and X1, all they ever bring up is what they don't like about the X1, they never have anything to say about their console other than price, looks (its just the X1 slanted) and power. Now I don't really care about power, if I really did then I don't think I'd be a Nintendo fan. The way things look to me is that X1 has all the new stuff while the PS4 is just a souped up PS3. By the way the PS4 page on the Sony website is no help, it's one thing and all it does is vaguely describe its gaming capabilities mean while the X1 has pages. What does it actually have that makes it better than the X1? Certainly not games :chief: .

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
As far as games go, the PS4 doesn't have much more to offer over the XBONE. However, that will surely change in the long run. One, Sony always has great exclusives and has always had much more than Microsoft. Two, and more importantly, the XBONE is going to tank. It's inevitable. The gaming community has shown its general distaste for that stupid DRM cable box. The PS4, however, has already attained popularity. Reason being it had perfect timing of having its features revealed after the XBONE's. Yeah, it's kind of an unfair way to get the upper hand, but it doesn't matter, because it would have gained the upper hand later on no matter what.

SO. Because of all this, developers will eventually start moving away from the XBONE and focus on developing exclusives for SONY and Nintendo in order to make more money, since they won't be able to rely on multiplatform games as much.

This is what the PS4 has over the XBONE. A long-time support benefit.

You guys aren't really giving me a reason to get a PS4 rather than an X1. The X1 is basically a game and entertainment enchanced PC with exclusive titles. When was the last time you bought a hard copy of a game for PC? The Xbox One's system is going to be like steams. Really how good is a computer if you don't have internet? And unless you have a desktop you automatically get a webcam, you probably have one even if you do, and you had to pay for that to.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
You guys aren't really giving me a reason to get a PS4 rather than an X1. The X1 is basically a game and entertainment enchanced PC with exclusive titles. When was the last time you bought a hard copy of a game for PC? The Xbox One's system is going to be like steams. Really how good is a computer if you don't have internet? And unless you have a desktop you automatically get a webcam, you probably have one even if you do, and you had to pay for that to.

Because people want the freedom to take their Xbox on the go to a place that may have power, but not internet. And because they don't want to be the developer's ***** when it comes to the games they're allowed to play. What happens if a thunderstorm hits and my internet goes down for an extended period of time? What if I'm deployed to the middle-east where the concept of a consistent internet connection is laughable?

Because people want the freedom to take their Xbox on the go to a place that may have power, but not internet. And because they don't want to be the developer's ***** when it comes to the games they're allowed to play. What happens if a thunderstorm hits and my internet goes down for an extended period of time? What if I'm deployed to the middle-east where the concept of a consistent internet connection is laughable?

Have fun with your PS4 I'm still not gonna get one because I have perfectly fine internet.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah, the PS4 >>>> the XONE not because the PS4 is this almighty figure in the gaming sphere but because the XONE is basically ****e. Have you heard the interviews and the statements regarding that thing? Don Mattrick told all of us without stable Internet to "stay with Xbox 360". What the hell kind of service is that? How do you expect ANYONE to buy that stuff? Not to mention the PS4 is stronger than the XONE *and* cheaper.

And yes, an XONE is like an underpowered PC. PC requires you to have online connection, update your fudging specs, and basically conform in order to play your titles. With PC, it makes a lot more sense because a PC doesn't just play games. In fact, PCs weren't made to play games as their primary function. The XONE though...its primary function is to play games short and sweet. PC restrictions do not belong on console.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
They're welcome.

And our servicemen thank you for taking away their ability to play the next generation of gaming while deployed.

Yeah, the PS4 >>>> the XONE not because the PS4 is this almighty figure in the gaming sphere but because the XONE is basically ****e. Have you heard the interviews and the statements regarding that thing? Don Mattrick told all of us without stable Internet to "stay with Xbox 360". What the hell kind of service is that? How do you expect ANYONE to buy that stuff? Not to mention the PS4 is stronger than the XONE *and* cheaper.

And yes, an XONE is like an underpowered PC. PC requires you to have online connection, update your fudging specs, and basically conform in order to play your titles. With PC, it makes a lot more sense because a PC doesn't just play games. In fact, PCs weren't made to play games as their primary function. The XONE though...its primary function is to play games short and sweet. PC restrictions do not belong on console.

And Steam, which Imposer cites as something similar to the Xbox One system, allows us to play our games offline indefinitely.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't usually play this card, but I think you're a troll, OP.

Calling people a troll does not do anything. Especially on THESE boards. Even if he IS a troll, we can still take his opinion and conduct proper discussion rather than pointless name calling. :yes:

And, really, the XONE is tailored to those who have a stable Internet connection. Don Mattrick even flipped off people who didn't have stable Internet and told them to stick with the Xbox 360. It's that simple.

And Steam, which Imposer cites as something similar to the Xbox One system, allows us to play our games offline indefinitely.

It actually depends on the game, but single player games are allowed offline on PC. Xbox One, though, requires an online authentication once every 24 hours no matter the game type.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Don Mattrick said:
"Fortunately, we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity and it's called Xbox 360," he told Game Trailer's Geoff Keighley. When Keighley asks if that's Microsoft's message, Mattrick reiterates his point.

"Right, so stick with 360, that's your message if you don't like it?" Keighley asks. Mattrick responds: "If you have zero access to the internet, that is an offline device."

So, if you want a console, go buy a Wii U or PS4.

Awesome sources.

It actually depends on the game, but single player games are allowed offline on PC. Xbox One, though, requires an online authentication once every 24 hours no matter the game type.

Well, it allows us to play our singleplayer games offline indefinitely.

Which should be a no-brainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom