• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Does Miyamoto Mean by a Remake of a Link to the Past for 3ds

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
so what does he mean by that

would it just be a remake of the original 2D game

or,could it be a link to the past in 3D.

it wold be like a new zelda game if it were 3D

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
No, I believe he means an entire remake in 3D. Probably not 3-Dimensional, like OoT 3D is, but a regular Zelda console title. Take your pick of example. ;)

Personally I would love A Link to the Past being remade as such. From what I've heard, because it I've not played it, it set up a lot of the formula before Ocarina of Time did. It inspired much of OoT's immersiveness, as a matter of fact, and that spilled over to the rest of the platform games. I can imagine it being a lot like Skyward Sword (where do you suppose the Dashing came from in the first place?), and definitely hope they mingle the two if this task is ever undertaken.

rettam

I accidentally the...
I'm guessing it would be one of the "3D Classics" available for download.

MW7

No, I believe he means an entire remake in 3D. Probably not 3-Dimensional, like OoT 3D is, but a regular Zelda console title. Take your pick of example. ;)

Personally I would love A Link to the Past being remade as such. From what I've heard, because it I've not played it, it set up a lot of the formula before Ocarina of Time did. It inspired much of OoT's immersiveness, as a matter of fact, and that spilled over to the rest of the platform games. I can imagine it being a lot like Skyward Sword (where do you suppose the Dashing came from in the first place?), and definitely hope they mingle the two if this task is ever undertaken.

I didn't interpret it that way at first, but honestly I think that game could potentially blow Ocarina of Time out of the water if remade in 3d (and I'm one of those people that say OOT> everything). ALTTP has the largest number of dungeons in the series, and it is nonlinear. These are my two absolute favorite things about the Zelda series. The only reasons ALTTP isn't my favorite game is because the game still seemed to be combat heavy as opposed to puzzle heavy and I wish it was in 3d. If they released that on Wii U and integrated the tablet controller well, then Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time might finally be topped IMO.

In all honesty, I cringe when I hear about a remake of ALttP in 3D. As ALttP is my number 1 Zelda game it might be cool to see what they could do with it in 3D but... why? Sounds like a money grabbing gimmick more than anything. ALttP is perfect the way it is in 2D and they should leave a classic alone.

My 2 cents.

I thought it was weird how the GBA got a bunch of SNES re-releases (well, at least three that I can recall), but doesn't have enough buttons to support each feature, but the DS does have those buttons and has yet to get a single SNES re-release (well, not that I can think of right now).
Also interesting that the first VC game for 3DS is a Zelda title, the first *good* 3DS game is a Zelda title, the first GBA re-release is a Zelda title, and the first SNES game will also be a Zelda title. Of course, two of the ten NES ambassador games were Zelda titles. Now they just need to make Majora's Mask 3D and I'll have a full classic set in portable format. That would be awesome.

I really don't understand how you all are interpreting this so incorrectly. He keeps talking about the 3D remake in terms of a 3D Classics sort of way. Everytime he mentions the remake, he points out the fact that ALttP has "several layers" meaning it was the first time you could be "upstairs" one the same screen, and that the added 3D would make the difference between those layers more interesting. (see attachment)

alttp.jpg

Now is this what I would prefer? Nope. I'd rather see them do something closer to the PH/ST engine with ALttP, but using ALttP's own art style. Or even a regular console-ish TWW/SS cel shaded style but with ALttP's official art style.

But neither of those things seem to be what Miyamoto is talking about, unfortunately.

I knew what he meant.
Not only does that picture show the multiple layers, but it also how AttP has multiple levels (up and downstairs), which can also make a big difference when viewed in 3D, if programmed properly, but that may require a full 3D conversion. I don't know, really. I'm not an expert in stereoscopic 3D or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom