• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U What Does Everyone Think About the Great Sea in Wind Waker?

Personally, I didn't mind having to sail for a few minutes on the Great Sea. But I heard that a lot of people hated the sea on WW. Why?

Personally, I didn't mind having to sail for a few minutes on the Great Sea. But I heard that a lot of people hated the sea on WW. Why?

Well i just loved the idea of there being so much sailing.
I really liked the idea of sailing from island to island.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember Zelda games are about exploring
It took exploring to a new level.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstly there was so much to find and you could only find items bu sailing the entire sea.
And i really like how the sea changes from being rough to calm sunny to dark skies.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I thought it was fine, and I appreciated the realism. Islands aren't going to be 1 min. apart in real life, there's some distance.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
In my opinion, the Great Sea made it feel more like an adventure in real life. Those long distances made the exciting moments stand out somehow, at least for me.

Imagine all the people in real life who traveled overseas. Like Columbus, for example, the trips must have been pretty darn boring, huh? I've been thinking for years that was what Nintendo tried to get to, but that's just me.

Oh, and I also feel it was the bigest overworld. Or at least it gave the feeling of being the biggest one. Remember, that's just my opinion. ;)

Big Octo

=^)
The great sea is one of the best over worlds I've seen!

I don't think that people hate it, the thing is that it can be very sketchy. With things like Big Octos, cyclones, and s-s-s-SEAHATS, people become very paranoid when sailing.

Teal

Useful Help.
The Great Sea

The Great Sea:​
I love the great sea its like the overworld that i really enjoyed
i was happy when i found a little island and killing those Peahats it was fun
that's why i like the Great sea.​

Teal.:clap:​

i liked it because i love the view of the sea cause i'm a fan of aquatics, but i would love it more if the game didn't make me have to change the wind direction so often i'm sorry i just found that to be the most annoying part of the game

Pen

The game is on!
In my opinion the Great Sea in The Wind Waker is one of the absolute best overworlds in the Zelda franchise! Really, it's one of the larger (if not even the largest), and despite it being a little bit empty at times I always enjoy sailing even long distances. :D For some reason I've always been very fond of stories taking place at sea, and I love being at the sea myself. In The Wind Waker I really think they made the sailing great!
Although, I would actually like to see a remake of The Wind Waker on the DS or the 3DS, that would make the aiming with the canon a lot easier, if they do as they did in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

But there is definitely nothing wrong with the overworld.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
It was.... eh.

We had the biggest overworld seen in a zelda game. That I love. But being the ocean, it's just absolutely barren. I wish we could get a LAND overworld that big, so that way there would actually be things happening instead of water and sharks. =P

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I love the sailing in WW. It's relaxing most of the time. I love getting to new islands, charting them, finding treasure maps and locating treasures, it's just so fun. I hate that stupid shark thing though, I always kill him so he won't follow me the whole time.

M

Medix

Sailing in the Great Sea is wonderful. The music is beautiful, and you can move the camera as you want. And the sequences you can create are amazing.

I find it kind of bland, really. The distance between one island to the next takes a while and there's almost nothing to do in between.

Mickaroo

Call me Micky
I found it pretty fun though not very entertaining I guess. It gave me a whole new sense of adventure, and it felt more realistic. But I can't say I wasn't glad when I finally got the Ballad of Gales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom