• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U What Does Everyone Think About the Great Sea in Wind Waker?

It was an awesome thing to have. If we had a lot of bad luck they could have made it take a long to sail from one island to another as it is in real life. They could have done more but it has enough things as it is. I like times where there are like, 5 or 6 sharks surrounding you and you also can use more items on your boat than just your bow and boomerang.

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
Well honestly, if there weren't squares with no islands / 10 minutes of sailing with nothing to do, then it would be a brilliant idea. It was just way too tedious, if the sea map was like a 4x4 grid, I would like the game a lot more. Lol

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Personally, I didn't mind having to sail for a few minutes on the Great Sea. But I heard that a lot of people hated the sea on WW. Why?

I think many people didn't like it because it was so vast. Some people are just a little impatient, I guess. But I digress. I loved the Great Sea. It's one of my favorite overworlds in the entire Zelda series. I loved sailing around, raiding pirate platforms and submarines, exploring the seas, traveling to all different islands.... If any Zelda game is the definition of exploration, it's got to be Wind Waker.

T

Toonwolflink418

sailing around was fun, especially all the secrets that were hiding from you, i didnt know about ballad of galles or the big octos for a while

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
I found it pretty fun though not very entertaining I guess. It gave me a whole new sense of adventure, and it felt more realistic. But I can't say I wasn't glad when I finally got the Ballad of Gales.

The music was the only thing about it I found entertaining. And destroying the cannon on the guard towers on the way to wherever I was going was the only thing keeping me from getting some coffee or something everytime I would go sailing xP

D

Deleted member 14134

I for one did not like the great sea. I get the realism and the adventure but I felt sailing for long periods broke up the action and slowed everything in the game down. There was never really anything to do other hen watch the screen for 5-10 minutes at a time. Also, changing the wind direction could be quite annoying sometimes. Espically if you overshot something by accident.

I actually found the Great Sea to be quite fun, minus the sometimes tedious sailing to gather the Triforce shards and all that. I sure wish there were more interesting islands and things to actually DO, though.

H

Hyrules_Ruler

It just takes way longer to traverse as opposed to any other overworld map layout in any other LoZ game, most people would agree...

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
I really liked the Great Sea a lot. It was a nice break from all the fields. Sailing wasn't too bad either.

Linkyme

Call me Coco :3
I liked the concept of the Great Sea, although it was annoying when you had to sail long distances before you got the Ballad of Gales. Sometimes i would just put the boat on "cruise control" (haha) and go do something else until the music changed. then i knew the journey was done. i did like exploring new islands, though. also, the King of Red Lions is soooo much faster than the S.S. Linebeck in PH.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I've always thought that there's something entrancing about sailing the sea in Wind Waker. I love sailing long distances, even if it does take twentey-five minutes.

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
The GREAT SEA is GREAT! I think it's maybe me or something but sailing from island to island is awesome, the overworld is big and the transportation is great! Besides, I love the ocean! I would have loved more sea life but the way it is is fine. The Wind Waker is my 2nd favorite Zelda game because of the Great Sea! I would love to say more positive things about it, but I would just be going through the same points, so, yeah, it IS AWESOME!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom