• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Does A Job Opening in Design Mean for Zelda Switch?

Does this Job Opening Signify...

• Total voters

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
As you may know, Nintendo is now searching for new level, cutscene, character, (ect) designers for the new Switch Zelda game.

While there are often many job openings at many companies, this could also be a bad thing.

It is good that Nintendo is trying to get fresh new ideas, but it is also bad that Nintendo needs to look outside their current team to do so.

What are your thoughts on the new job opening?

New employees are typically already fans, meaning they sort of have a general feeling for what the fanbase wants to see and doesn't want to see. I'd say in some ways the newer hires are more in touch with their market audience than the established development team, and it usually means good things for development of games. Now we obviously don't know anything, but that seems to be the trend when younger designers get more say with long-standing franchises and new IPs alike.

dk902466

mamma mia
I would be hesitant to say REALLY good things would come about because of this hiring, but I don't think it's a problem that Nintendo is looking outside of its team for fresh ideas. Innovation has a way of plateauing quickly when you don't accept new ideas, and I think the quickest way to do this is to bring more people onto the team. We could be getting someone who has a love for the kinds of dungeons that take FOREVER to complete and are full of complex puzzles with multiple layers. We could also be getting someone who takes it up only 1 notch above what we have now. Really, as long as we are getting something new or slightly better then this could only be deemed as a good move. Plus the designer will be interviewed by current staff on the team, meaning that if the core Zelda devs and designers feel he could add something then surely he will be successful at giving us another great Zelda experience.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
My guess is...

It means that Nintendo is looking to hire some sort of designer.

And this of course is a horribly terrible no good awful thing... just in case anyone was wondering where that one vote came from.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
BotW was successful as a collectathon, so the next game will be a platformer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom