• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Do You Want to See Fixed?

I personally want to see that everything is in 3D, like Hyrule Castle Town and the houses. I also want to see Link asleep at the beginning of the game. In the original (and all ports) when he was "sleeping", his eyes were open and he occasionally blinked!! (the part where Navi wakes him up from his nightmare) What else should be changed?

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
A few camera angles and context insensitive buttons that keep letting you bump into doors you meant to open. Otherwise, I like the original game just fine.

Taking on and off the iron boots, in the water temple. going to first person view without taking to Navi first.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Let the list begin:

1. They've said that they're going to fix the water temple. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. I suppose they'd definately have to keep the music, but clean it up so that it sounds kinda like the Final Fantasy Remakes that have come out recently...
3. The whole equipment thing with the iron and hover boots. I agree that they should be like they were in TP and TWW where you don't have to pause every other moment to take them off.
4. Definitely clean up some character models. Some, like Mido and that fat lady in Kakariko looked terrible.
5. Make some of the dungeons more challenging but not pure torture like Water Temple.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
What I'm really looking forward to is the enhanced character models. They already said that you won't have to pause every time when you want to switch boots(woot :D).

I hope they update Hyrule field so that it looks less "barren" and make it look like Hyrule is actually a big continent(country? I don't know :eek:). Right now Hyrule Field is just flat space with nothing on it and that's pretty boring. I hope they give the grass more detail and stuff like that.

I think that's it. I know that they will do a great job :D

Aside from graphical enchancments, better controls and a controllable camera would be very nice. Also, they could change a bit of the geography of some of the locations.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Maybe it's strange, but I'm hoping for also the story to be enhanced. Not totally new parts, but more detail in description. Maybe more cutscenes. Remember the dying soldier in the alley? His presence added more level of depth to OoT. I want to see more of such things. OoT has many parts that are very important than people realize. I would like to see that expanded.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
the camera needs fixing Bottle glitches and the water temple needs to be COMPLETELY re done XD
I wouldn't say completely redone. But a few hints would help. It's not that the old temple is insanely hard, it's just that it's so unlinear that it's easy to get lost or to set the water to the wrong level. All of which could easily be solved by letting Navi say stuff that is slightly more useful.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Come on guys lets not be noobs and hope for a re-do of the Water Temple =P.

Difficulty is literally half the fun, even if you don't realize it when you want to break your TV...but it is nonetheless. :)

Yeah what's with the dying soldier? I've never seen a dying soldier anywhere in OoT lol.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Maybe it's strange, but I'm also hoping for the story to be enhanced. Not totally new parts, but more detail in description. Maybe more cutscenes. Remember the dying soldier in the alley? His presence added more level of depth to OoT. I want to see more of such things. OoT has many parts that are more important than people realize. I would like to see that expanded upon.

I wouldn't have thought of this, but now that you've suggested it, I would like to see that as well.

Anyway, I was going to say that I hope they fix the clipping issues... there are a lot of places in the game where you can see through the terrain and see the edges of polygons. It's not as bad as Super Mario 64, but it's still an issue. I care more that they improve the quality of rendering, than actually improving the graphics.

I would like to see any remaining glitches in the game fixed, and have the game play as perfectly as possible. It was good on the N64, but I think it could be made perfect now.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Yeah what's with the dying soldier? I've never seen a dying soldier anywhere in OoT lol.

There's one in the alley after Zelda tosses the Ocarina of Time into the moat but before you go to the Temple of Time and get the Master Sword. He's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it character. This is his dialogue.

Unnngh...are you the boy from
the forest...?
I-I-I've finally met you...
I-I-I have something to t-t-tell
you...
Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of
Thieves, betrayed our King...
Zelda's nanny, Impa, sensed danger
and escaped from the castle with
our Princess...
I tried to stop Ganondorf's men
from chasing them...but...
The Princess was...waiting for a
boy from the forest...that's you...
She wanted to give something to
the boy...
If you received it from the
Princess,
hurry...to the Temple of
Time....

Then if you try to talk to him again it says "He's not moving anymore...."

As for the original topic...in this situation, I'm a big fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." And there are a lot of things in OoT that aren't broken. The boots are one of the biggest inconveniences for me, but they've already said they're fixing those. I'd possibly like to see the fishing tweaked, but not much - it's just I had a lot of trouble breaking a Z-target if there were a lot in the area, and it's a lot harder to escape those since you could scare them away if you move too quickly.

Beyond that, if they're going to change things, I would only want little details added. Like if there were just a throwaway line by a random NPC about how he's paranoid that one day the sky will open up and the world will be flooded. Wouldn't make any sense in game, but would be amusing for us. :xd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom