• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
I want to be a meteorologist. I've always been interested in weather. Mostly severe weather such as tornadoes or hurricanes. I don't want to be a storm chaser though.:S

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I'm already 26 and I think I have a pretty sweet gig right now, running a network of game websites.

I do have dreams though for my future. I'd like to someday open up a series of stores. Notably, my own Restaurant, my own Game Store/Cafe/Arcade, my own Classic Theater. Some of these ideas I've had for a very long time and they have evolved over time, with the changing circumstances of technological advances, or just me becoming more knowledgeable about what is realistic.

I do have interest in Politics and think that, god-willing I live long enough, will one day run for public office at some level. Whether it be local, state, or federal level.

I have tons of other goals of what I want to do for work in the future. As well as plenty of goals that have nothing to do with work.

I do have interest in Politics and think that, god-willing I live long enough, will one day run for public office at some level. Whether it be local, state, or federal level.

Mases for President!!! :)

What I want to be when I'm grown up? I would love to be either a nuclear physicists or a mathematician. I <3 Science and Math which most people at my school hate. :P

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'm starting broad and working my way into my niche.
1. Software Engineer
2. Software Engineer in the interactive entertainment industry
3. Software Engineer in a video game company
4. I'm not sure yet if I'd want to get into Project Management or any of the more creative aspects of game design.

In actuality, I can't deny that my dream is to make all of Axle's games when I grow up.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
The older I've gotten the more I feel like I want to be an entrepreneur of some sort. Not sure what, but a small business physically or on the internet, I tend to get bored easily if I have too much free time and like the challenge of buildings things from the ground up. I'm an artist so while I know the advertising and company identity part of the job, I don't have any formal business education. I currently work at a small business (Two if you count DGN as a job) and it's awesome and I've been trying to soak up as much information as possible so that when I do eventually do it myself I can take that knowledge and apply it. :)

Though I think the term "Grown up" is pretty stuffy. I can guarantee you there will be a point where you'll realize that you should be grown up, at least according to your 10 year old self.... and you feel more like a 10 year old than ever. :lol: Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go swivel in circles in my office chair for a few mins.

When I grow up, I want to be a multifaceted artist like Frank Frazetta. That's about it. As you can see I have my sights set rather low by comparison...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd love to be what Mases is, a guy who runs a network of gaming sites. I doubt he makes a ton of green stuff but any little bit for a "side job" is definitely worth the while, in my opinion. Going into the "real world" though, I'd love to be some kind of electrical engineer.

A Jill Sandwich

omg me too!!!

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I'd like to be a robotics engineer, preferably something with computers such as coding the robot. I've been to a two-week summer robotics course at DigiPen Institute of Technology, and it was a lot of fun. So yeah, that.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
This is something I really have an issue with, since I'm supposed to be thinking about my future and all that in this stage of my life. But I have no idea. One thing is that I WILL write a novel. That's a given. Unless I die young, I will write a novel some day. It's been a dream of mine for almost my whole life. Seriously. I loved telling stories since before I knew how to write -- one of my first words was "book".

But unless I somehow end up being super famous (which is highly unlikely) that's not going to be a very stable, supportive job. I'd also love to be an editor or linguist since those are my passions, but unfortunately, those don't much much money, either. Learning and studying foreign languages would be incredible, but too many people are bilingual in the US for that to grant a good pay. As a result, I'm unsure of what I want to be when I grow up. I'm surely going to keep playing harp and piano and perhaps other instruments as I grow older, and hopefully I can glean some extra money from side performances. But besides that... eh. I have no idea. Probably a doctor or lawyer or something... Maybe a dentist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom