• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Title says it all.

What career or job do you want to have when you are older? Or, for those who are already 'old' and have jobs, what job do you want to have if you could do it all again?

C

Crazybunny

I wanna be a space scientist.
and an Artist.

Though I wish space science didn't have math in it, would be MUCH easier

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Why of course I'd love to be some kind of engineer. Computer engineer, electrical engineer...anything with the word "engineer" in it, because they're really office-suite jobs which are terribly easy. :)

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I want to be an actress. Like a super-famous-turns-the-acting-world-on-its-feet type of movie actress. In like 30, 40 years some new super-awesome actress'll come along and people'll say she's the next insert-my-real-name-here. That's my dream and goal for my career.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I don't really agree that the title says it all, who you are and what kind of job you have are two very different things. It's actually a bit sad how we as a society tie in identity with what we do for a living. Now, my job wasn't something I would have initially have chosen, in fact, I was dead set against working in the health sector. But life took a funny turn and this is where I ended up - I do enjoy the job, I love my boss, my colleagues and the impact I have on people's lives, however, my job isn't who I am. It isn't even a contributing factor to who I am.

If I could do it all again, I simply wouldn't focus on the job, because the other things, the things you take for granted that truly matters. I wouldn't want to make huge wads of cash, only to be too busy to enjoy it. I wouldn't want to turn my favorite hobbies into a job, because experience has taught me that doing so tends to suck the fun out of it. Sure, there are probably other professions I could have enjoyed, but as I'm comfortable where I am, why would I want to jeopardise that, when what matters the most to me is what happens the rest of the time?

I don't need to publish a book in order to write and share my stories with the world. I don't need a client in order to tinker around with code and design, in fact, I prefer not to have one. I'm more fond of the creative side of video editing than what probably is the day to day for most of them, also my skills, while decent for a hobby-artist, really aren't up to par with what the profession would demand of me. Simply put, I'd rather do these things impulsively on my spare time than try and make a career out of it.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I want to be a video game designer who makes epic games filled to the brim with epicness. I wish to make games that can change people. Great games that will give people a sense of fulfillment, or at least feel very entertained.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I really want to be either an artist(draw, not sing) or a composer. Basically I want to share my arts and works to the world when I'm ready and I want to entertain them.

Clank

Hmm
I want to be a video game console designer, but I will probably end up being a computer/electrical engineer.

Claire

The Geekette
Professor Puppy Petter.. hoping to make about $60,000,000 my first year.

But I guess if that doesn't work out, I could always use this college education for something productive. I'm studying Environmental Geoscience and focusing on soils and water resources. I've considered a lot of different professions over the years (sometimes my mind being warped by misconceptions or dollar signs), but this is definitely my field of choice. I want to be a productive member of society that actively engages in the sciences to promote a sustainable future for all of humanity.

I know, sparkles and unicorns, but I can dream... can't I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom