• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you want to be when you grow older?

O

Oldewindmill

My dream is game design, but that probably won't happen. I can't code worth crap, but I have some pretty good ideas and some game design document skeletons clogging my room. Said room is full of papers, mostly homework and sketches for games (UI, level designs, control maps, etc.). I am also interested in Graphic Design, but really the only thing that compares to my love of Game Design is creative writing. English is always the easiest subject for me in school, And I'm in a Pre-AP class (the equivalent of the honors class for the year above mine), So, yeah. I'll probably end up doing some graphic design job and work to end up designing things in the game industry, and then slowly move my way up from there, hopefully to a position primarily oriented on ideas, more so than the grunt work of actually making the game. And, of course, I'll write novels on the side of all of this. :)

Abbs

I'd love to be some sort of medical doctor or maybe a psychologist but those jobs require many years of college and I'm not very hard working or the sharpest tool in the box.

I'll probably pursue some job in the artistic division since that is something I enjoy and might be decent at.

Last edited:

D33V92

Son of the Patriots
I want to be a filmmaker. I'm really into making amateur film right now, and will soon be attending Write State University to knock out some gen ed's, then transferring my credits to The Art Institute of Pittsburgh where I will be majoring in Digital Video/Cinematic Production. I've already been accepted to both schools, and am heading to WSU this fall!

My dream is game design, but that probably won't happen. I can't code worth crap, but I have some pretty good ideas and some game design document skeletons clogging my room. Said room is full of papers, mostly homework and sketches for games (UI, level designs, control maps, etc.). I am also interested in Graphic Design, but really the only thing that compares to my love of Game Design is creative writing. English is always the easiest subject for me in school, And I'm in a Pre-AP class (the equivalent of the honors class for the year above mine), So, yeah. I'll probably end up doing some graphic design job and work to end up designing things in the game industry, and then slowly move my way up from there, hopefully to a position primarily oriented on ideas, more so than the grunt work of actually making the game. And, of course, I'll write novels on the side of all of this. :)

I've been trying to self-teach my self the 3d graphics part and then I go to school for programming, but I've never been able to do any writing to speak. Ill keep this post in mind for later on ;)

When i grow up i want to be a dinosaur. JK, I really love building stuff so I want to be an engineer. Then after I get money from my engineering job I want to be either an inventor or an entrepreneur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom