• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you want to be when you grow older?

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Ever since I was a child, I wanted to be a soldier. So, when I was old enough, I joined the US Army. I joined while I was still in high school, so I luckily was able to do my training during the summer and then part of the school year. I guess it was good that I was homeschooled during that part of High School, or else I probably would've failed some courses. I became a 31B (Military Police). It was... a lot of fun, really. After being stationed in the US for a while, I did go overseas.

It was a job I really loved. I enjoyed having a lot of responsibility and always being active. It made me feel alive, I think you can say. It was the only place I could be where there were so many people with so many customs and beliefs and morals but everybody got along for the most part. It is... very different than civilian life. I also formed bonds with people. It's weird to try to explain, but I have never felt closer to anybody than a fellow soldier. It's such a strong bond. However, my time for the Army is now finished, and I am onto other things.

I also wanted to become an artist. Well, let me rephrase that: I always wanted to draw stuff. I never actually wanted to have it for a career. But, my granny, my aunt, everybody.... they all pushed me to do something with my art after the Army. So, I have seasonal work with gaming companies. Around Oct-Feb is my times there. It's very busy and takes a lot of my time, but it's good money. It just can get very irritating because it's not my own ideas. I have to work in a group, and we all share ideas and work on a piece.... but, a lot of the time our ideas are very different. I hate group work.

Still, I want to be in the gaming industry, so I think it will look good on my resume. I also am working at GameStop (3 years in OCT). I'm trying to become manager and get my own store, but now I am reconsidering.... I mean, I might not like it, you know? But if I get my own store, then I will be stuck with it for a while...

So, now I am working on linguistics. If I can better my languages, then I will get a job in translations. I would like to translate for gaming companies. It'd be fun and pretty easy. Plus, if I can't get hired by a gaming company, there are still many jobs in linguistics that pay very well, so I will have many options open.

The older I get, the harder it is to decide what I want to do when I grow up. Feels like whatever I do, I'm just biding my time till I come up with something better. I'm going to nursing school starting next month, and I've been considering being a nurse since high school (8 years ago). Before that, and still, I've always fancied the idea of being an author. I've also considered (and still do) teaching, editing, photography, music, historian, music/pop culture historian, you name it. 24 years old and I still consider ditching everything and going and becoming a ninja. I can never fully make up my mind.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
A ton of things... an artist, (although, my parents are against it, since artist don't make a ton of money, unless you really are gifted) an English teacher, (due to my ability to correct any grammar mistakes and pretty good spelling skills, my parents are also against this idea) a writer, (part time, of course, but who doesn't like my writing? Well, whatever! Practice makes perfect!) a singer, (my parents are totally against this idea... my parents do NOT like the arts...) and actress, (I don't even know if my parents are aware of my acting skillz, so they don't have any opinion)

Heck, I might just abandon all of this and open up a spa or a coffee shop!

Hannah

Milk was a bad idea.
Photo Journalist, or Photographer, in other words.
I also plan to teach dance on the side... I might actually be able to get away with that during college (;
I have my life pretty much figured out now haha.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Well, my dream is to be a photographer. I love taking pictures of scenery. People tell me that I have a good eye for that kind of stuff. The thing is that most photographers are photographers of people and weddings which I'm not the best at. I don't think I would be very good at it. I've been thinking possibly a teacher for little kids but I have public speaking issues, even in front of little kids. I'm also interested in architecture and that's why I play the Sims all day long, haha. I love designing houses and buildings and I'm going into drafting class next year, woo! I hope to move out of my current city (some unimportant hick-town on Vancouver Island BC) and move to Victoria, BC. (A BEAUTIFUL city.)

D

Deleted member 6224

well right now im only 11 but right now i want to be a chemist

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Definatily an artist. I love drawing so much. My dad is a singer, my sister plays the piano, my little brother wants to be a duck farmer and I don't really know exactly what my mom is.

Environmental Lawyer; already have an internship at the CA state capitol for COHA.

I'm working on a transfer degree while in high school so I can get into Berkeley as an undergrad and take Science there. My dream is to get into Boult Hall as a Grad Student

Professional Basketball player.
Nah, not really, that would involve a lot of running, (which is bad on my ankle), and lot's of working out. (which is good for you).

But, since I'm more of a Artist than a Athlete, I want to make my own animation show with my best friend(s). It will be awesome.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I'm 14 now and working on my dreams of becoming a TCRG (certified Irish dance teacher) and video game designer. As a game designer I want to start my own company with me being president and creative director. I want to break down barriers and stereotypes of girls and gaming, and also how people perceive video games. I'm working on my dreams now by being highly involved in Irish dance and designing my own games.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I have a large interest in cultures and animals, archaeology and paleontolgy appeal to me. I am out to diprove Evultion once and for all! Otherwise I am really thinking about going into Graphics web design or just Graphic design. I have a few years to make up my mind as I will be travelling all over Europe with my dad. Maybe I will gain some insight into something else.

I have a large interest in cultures and animals, archaeology and paleontolgy appeal to me. I am out to diprove Evultion once and for all! Otherwise I am really thinking about going into Graphics web design or just Graphic design. I have a few years to make up my mind as I will be travelling all over Europe with my dad. Maybe I will gain some insight into something else.

Disprove evolution, I'd like to see that xD Even though it wouldn't be that hard; good luck to you sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom