• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Want Retro to Do Next?

Retro studios just made Donkey kong country returns, I loved that game, but I wouldn't be too happy about
a sequel because i see the metroid prime games as THE BEST GAMES EVER CREATED,
"metroid prime 4" would keep me satisfied. :)
And if you know prime 3's ending, you saw that they set the game up for a sequel!

What do you think if they ever did a Zelda game?

overall, what do you want retro studios to do next?

Djinn

and Tonic
Star Tropics 3. For the Wii. With gameplay close to that of the 3D Zelda games.

Absolutely! I loved Star Tropics years ago and have been wishing Nintendo would revive the series ever since. I think I spent many many countless hours playing that game. I miss it.

It had a gameplay very similar to Zelda. Even included several weapons and enemies from Zelda. The creators also found a way to make it a top down viewed game using tiles and included the ability to jump. I think the familiarity with the original LoZ in controls, gameplay, and items is one of the reasons I really liked it though.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I am a big fan of Mario (not as much as Zelda though), and I believe that the Paper Mario games are one of the best ever created, even better than some Zeldas. I would like them to go back to the RPG, which I think they are doing in Paper Mario 3D.

I would like for them to work on a new Starfox on Wii, or maybe even a new F-Zero on Wii too.

I think they'll just make a few more Donkey Kong games though.

I am a big fan of Mario (not as much as Zelda though), and I believe that the Paper Mario games are one of the best ever created, even better than some Zeldas. I would like them to go back to the RPG, which I think they are doing in Paper Mario 3D.

Super Paper Mario was disappointing compared to Paper Mario 2 which remains one of my favourite games of all time. I hope they go back and do a proper sequel to that.

Super Paper Mario was disappointing compared to Paper Mario 2 which remains one of my favourite games of all time. I hope they go back and do a proper sequel to that.
They are, it's the new Paper Mario game for the 3DS. Super Paper Mario was fun anyhow, I wouldn't mind having a Super Paper Mario 2, but harder. I prefer Paper Mario (RPG style) though.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
This is a great thread, guys/gals! Honestly, I love Donkey Kong Country Returns. It's a wonderful game, from start to finsh, and if it wasn't for Galaxy 2 in August (or whenever it wa), I think that it would have nabbed Game of the year for the Wii. Honestly. I personally would love to see Retro do Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 and 3, with possibly a Diddy Kong's Quest in there for more flavor. I think that if they teamed up with Team Ninja in the future, they could do great things for the Metroid series yet again, which would be amazing. A brand new starfox could be a great thing. Mega Man, which has fizzled out recently on the Nintendo spectrum, could also be an interesting avenue to walk in. However, I saved the best for last: I think that Retro Studios should team up with the maker of Cave story to make a massive sequel to the much loved (at least in this avid fans' mind...) game that was much longer, had new (and old) characters, and still brought about the I'm-nostalgic-even-though-I've-never-played-this-game-before feeling that made it so awesome. There, I've said my two bits, time for Y'all to get crackin' !!

They are, it's the new Paper Mario game for the 3DS. Super Paper Mario was fun anyhow, I wouldn't mind having a Super Paper Mario 2, but harder. I prefer Paper Mario (RPG style) though.

My personal feeling is that they should keep the Paper Mario series as the RPG series and the other Mario games as the platformers. I don't think the Paper Mario franchise added much to the platform genre. The game was very easy, as you intimated, and to me wasn't particularly interesting.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
A brand new starfox could be a great thing.
Yes. So could a new Starfox Adventures, by the way.
Mega Man, which has fizzled out recently on the Nintendo spectrum, could also be an interesting avenue to walk in.
While a Retro Studios-fueled Mega Man game would indeed be awesome, Mega Man isn't owned by Nintendo. He's a Capcom character, and while a Retro/Capcom collaboration sure is possible, my guess is that Nintendo would prefer their most successful exclusive producers (post-Rare) to work on characters owned by Nintendo.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Thanks for praise on my comments, those who did, and I do understand that Megaman is a Capcom franchise, Michael Heide, and I suppose that was merely wishful thinking on my part. I guess what I was trying to say is that I think that Retro could pick up just about anything and excell at it. Although, what I would want to see from them in a megaman game if they ever did collaborate with anyone would be a true 3D nintendo Megaman that was actually good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom