• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Want in the Wii Title?

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I personally want a new four sword game with free roam, side quests, the ability to do multiplayer without 2-4 GBAS and online co-op and shadow battles, with the option of using the nunchuck, classic controller, and gamecube controller and a more in-depth storyline. And items and hearts don't reset because it is an open world. =]

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
I want it to be set in space.
I want Link to carry double Desert Eagles.
I want Ganon to be a robot.
I want Link to finally get some action from Zelda.
I want Zelda to have huge (glands) and wear a bikini throughout the whole game.

I want the Zelda franchise to die! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAaaaaaAAaaaaaaaa!

No, but I would like to hear some true voice talent; but I wouldn't like them to remove the text boxes. I like going through the conversations at my own pace.

I'd also like some more definition in my Wii-mote = Sword Swings. Vertical wave will mean vertical swing, horizontal wave will mean horizontal swing, thrust will mean thrust, all that good stuff. But don't alienate the buttons. I've never gotten tennis elbow from a video game, and I plan to keep it that way.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I am not sure but I would want a game with an adult Link in it. I want more deserts or at least that more of the game took place in a more arid terrain. Perhaps some different terrains (harsh ones) in general, like mangrove or jungle-like forests included in the game and I also want some snow covered mountains. I want the game to be more solitary, with much more exploring and the game should be without sidekick. I want a difficulty level that is almost extreme, so hard that you will not even be able to beat the first boss until you´ve tried it 4 or 5 times. I could mayhaps come up with more but guess this is a start!

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
I am not sure but I would want a game with an adult Link in it. I want more deserts or at least that more of the game took place in a more arid terrain. Perhaps some different terrains (harsh ones) in general, like mangrove or jungle-like forests included in the game and I also want some snow covered mountains. I want the game to be more solitary, with much more exploring and the game should be without sidekick. I want a difficulty level that is almost extreme, so hard that you will not even be able to beat the first boss until you´ve tried it 4 or 5 times. I could mayhaps come up with more but guess this is a start!

With that game, I'd have my controller crashed into my television in frustration. I hate hard games. And I love sidekicks.
xD

DCMN

Hero of Internet
I want something more along the lines of Twilight Princess, but darker and creepier like Majora's Mask.

I know. It'll never happen. -.-
100% what I want. But i'd be happy with Wind Waker 3 or a 3D game using a similar style to the NES games.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I want a sequel to Twilight Princess, with the same Link character. I don't want to see Midna retunr, I think that storyline is wrapped up for now. New terrain, and possibly a not-as-known region of Hyrule would be great. I always wondered what that land was off to the west side of the Bridge of Eldin...

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
I want a sequel to Twilight Princess, with the same Link character. I don't want to see Midna retunr, I think that storyline is wrapped up for now. New terrain, and possibly a not-as-known region of Hyrule would be great. I always wondered what that land was off to the west side of the Bridge of Eldin...

Same here...I also want no more midi soundtrack. Full orchestra please and voices too (c'mon, starfox 64 did it, why can't the Wii do it?) Also, a completely new land would be nice. At this point we're all very familiar with the "known" geography of Hyrule. So maybe a complete new land. Would be nice too to have a different "course of action" so to speak. No more "3 objects/temples to get the master sword, then a few more temples, then ganon. Make something original like MM did.:)

I want another sneaking area like in OoT with the Gerudos or the Hidden Village but I want them to put more than one in this time

T

Twilight One

Okay let's start:

First I'm a musician and I would LOVE to see a real orchestra playing the music, that would be AWESOME!!! They say that it's difficult to implement but it's not actually, you simply make like a player with say two tracks; Hyrule Field On Foot and Hyrule Field Underwater. They are let's say 2:10 long (and repeat) and are 100 bpm. Okay. You make them run at the same time but one is silent and the other plays... You see, like that, when you jump into the water you can change the volumes to switch to the water variation and maybe change the tempo... It's not very hard to do (music players all around offer these functions)... I hope it's clear though. Mario Galaxy did it, and Zelda simply HAS to be BETTER than Mario Galaxy! :)

Change the geography:
Okay don't throw bombchus at me, let me explain. Let's start with like the basic. Ocarina of Time's map. There's the kokiri forest east, Lake Hylia is south and all that but expand upon it! Like what's on the other side of the desert? The game forces you in an enclosed area with cliffs as walls, make them disappear, let me free roam the world. I want to cross the Death Mountain area and see the land behind! I want maybe to be able to get to Termina through the lost woods, get to Calatia (yes it exists search for it, it is semi canon info) through Death Mountain Range. I want huge lands, maybe not just Hyrule Kingdom, maybe the whole continent! Of course there has to be full of Towns, and a population to fit it, where are all the towns from Adventure of Link? Kakariko and Castle town seem to be the only ones that pass through the times, it's a shame for a 'Kingdom' called hyrule and has a population not over 150...

As for the time aspect, that would be great if we had a Weekly schedule, upgraded from Majora's Mask. People would have a life and not wait for you to speak to them once and then you don't see them ever after. You could have like an instrument to control time (maybe the time could be taken of the current time of the Wii's internal Clock). To say, change the day, make it faster, slower and even alter weather conditions (not just rain please). In the schedule, some random events could occur, like a certain shop could have a sale on wednesday randomly (not every wednesday) some could be bi-weekly, you know, make diversity. Also this adds for more lasting side quests... Like imagine if you see a merchant in castle town going to gerudo outpost and he wants you to help carry the goods, then the shop would have more stuff (not infinite supplies) and could then offer lower prices. If that merchant got killed, then the stuff would be rarer and thus be more costly. You know create an economy. Those stuff could happen randomly and maybe reoccur further in time! Have people buy goods. That would be a truly immersive game!

Also better the concept of inns, like don't you ever feel weird that Link never needs to rest? It's okay but it would be cool if after say 3 days without sleep he'd be less efficient and needs rest at an inn, also when taking humongous damage and restoring could not recover all, he could take a break. That would be a bit more realistic.

I'd like a multiplayer option, like we could have some minigames and stuff to do with friends. Don't throw bad and unfinished stuff to us, just imagine. A horse race through Hyrule Field, you get the choice of Link, Ingo, Talon, Ganon, Zelda and else... Then you compete in the race, the winner gets rupees you have bet in the race... You see that would be an opportunity to tie the single player with multiplayer... Aslo, there could be Capture the Flag kind Games... You start on Hyrule Field and Each team (of two) spawns in a area, you get to capture the other team's flag... Or even do that in a dungeon! That would be really cool to me! Mixing the Single and Multiplayer! Or there could be 'deathmatches' like you choose from a set number of characters and you go in an arena which can be anything, like a Dungeon, the Castle, whatever, then you compete and use your weapons and tactics to get the other player's hearts to zero and win! I would definitely love that! Link and Ganondorf fighting for real (player wise!!!) Zelda could do magic like in Super Smash, except in a Zelda styled mobility (not 2d movement). A gerudo gard would have a spear and Dual Scimitars... That would Definitely make the game longer lasting! Imagine a Link's Crossbow training but better as a multiplayer option! That would be AWESOME! I would really like to see better multiplayer in Zelda, the DS games are not bad but they're not enough. These ideas could be added as seamless single player switch to multi game, adding great replay value!

Speaking of Replay value, let's add quests that can reoccur, like saving a town from Moblin Invasion or getting stock to shops... Carrying letters... I don't know, make me want to play even if I killed the last boss, that could be the time to make me use all my items in a very fashionable way, just be creative! Of course pieces of hearts are fun but they age too, add something new. Let me play as Zelda or Sheik, just for fun! (That's so cool is Super Smash, they should definitely put it in there).

The Dungeons, here they go, I love dungeons, make them less and longer, WAY longer. Like, don't just make a mid-boss, item, then Boss... Add different areas, Don't make it linear, I want to come back to it when I have other items, I could go deeper and fight maybe another Boss which could give me a non essential Item but cool nonetheless, like a different shield, armor piece or just something fun to play with. Make them really more deep and filled with stuff, treasure and stuff I'll have to come back to get... Make bosses on the Field too! Dungeons are cool but puzzles could be also made in the overworld, like in a deserted town, which is basically the overworld, where you have to learn what happened and complete it like a dungeon, keys open buildings that contain more stuff and there you go! Just make dungeons interesting enough that I'll want to come back to later. Also temples are supposed to be a place to worship deities, there should be people worshipping there or at least guarding... I hope you catch my drift.

I have more ideas but I have to go now, maybe I'll post more later. I hope you like it, at least some part of it! :)

Bye

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I halve no qualms with OoT itself, I just don't think the series should have continued to riff on that game as much as it did...I want Zelda to go back to it's exploratory, non-linear roots.

OoT was a triumph. In style and tone It felt like an evolution of the first 4 Zelda's, particularly ALttP. Further, the new targeting system, lighting effects, variable A button, the simulation of a musical instrument, and the diurnal cycles in the overworld were all marvels. It should be cherished not only as a successful translation of Zelda into 3D, but as a major step forward in 3D gaming altogether. To say nothing of the story, music, etc.
But I do think that there were aspects of it that we continue to see applied to new games that I wish were not:

Nintendo was significantly limited by early 3D technology. As much as I was awed by the game on the first play through, I was disappointed by the lack of enemies in the overworld. I think that the system just did not have enough power to populate Hyrule the way it was in 2D (TP is getting closer, but not quite there, imo).

Also, and most regretably, the gamepath is heavily proscribed for you. There is a precise order to the quests and dungeons you must go on. When you can enter a dungeon or part of the overworld is strictly, stiflingly defined for you. This to me is almost anti-Zelda. Zelda is about openness (to me at least--think of LoZ, the only instruction you get is "It's dangerous to go alone"...) I think they did this because it takes so long to traverse a 3D overworld, but I really think it is a huge, destructive development to the series.

Finally, there are some things that were introduced in OoT that were too cartooney for me. Namely the Deku Shrubs, Zoras, and especially the Gorons. The Gorons are too goofy for words. I like the idea of having these other races, I just wish they were not so hard to take seriously.

As good as OoT was, I have been sorry to see that its success has meant we have to keep reliving the less appealing parts of it as new games have been released.

L

Lesella

my thoughts are that nintendo should add in new music, a few voices, more landscape, and harder dungeons

the music has been almost the same in every game and gets annoying after playing though OoT 3 times, OoT Master Quest once, Twilight princess multiple times and Windwaker at least three times

voices wouldnt be bad, but after the the TV shows and Phillips CD games I dont think nintendo wants to mess with something that can break so easily

with lanscape they should just add more, keep some of the old landscape from OoT, MM, or Twilight Princess and then extend that enough to please everyone

finally, the dungeons just HAVE to be harder, Im not saying I want them to be senseless like the cows in Lord Jabu Jabu or random wall torches im Master Quest, I just want to see some difficulty, like make the dungeons include everything you have, not just playing zeldas lullaby or shooting something with an arrow to solve the hard parts

T

Twilight One

I am one of those Ze-Link lovers! I'd love to see romance between Link and Zelda, not you usual soap opera. But make them care for each other more than someone you know is important but you see only two to three times in the game (NO, IT IS NOT TWILIGHT PRINCESS I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! LOL). Like make Zelda her feel something for poor link, is a kiss or a I love you a good reward? Don't think that's too mature, peach kisses mario all the time! It would show how a human she is if she would actually come closer to link, foget noble etiquette, your kingdom is dismembered... in all the games we see her as a sort of a frozen heart, doesn't she want to hug the guy who saved her life... She's always at least a meter away from Link at ALL TIMES!

I think they should make Zelda and Link team up from middle game to the end. I'd love to rush Zelda out of the burning Hyrule Castle and take her to the country side where she could hide, recover and then help you on your quest. Imagine using her magical abilities or sheik's ninja moves to kick some serious moblin butt. There could be a kind of switch to change characters. Remember Banjo-Tooie on the N64? They had the blue and red pads to go as banjo or kazooie, or both = Banjo-Kazooie. Well here make it so that the two can switch at the Temple of Time... Like the Spirit Temple from OoT required you to be young then old to complete, think this like more of a mix with that and Kafei control in Majora's Mask. There could be so much better puzzles than block pushing.

Imagine you have advantages and disadvantages as playing either, Zelda can't go up high ledges if link doesn't help her, but she can make him levitate using her magic for a short period of time and stuff... Imagine a L shaped room, Link is on a switch only he is able to press (weight wise) in the bottom right that opens the vertical area of the L room. Then Zelda gets in and sees a Eye switch... at the top of the L... If you get where I'm going, you see that link could shoot an arrow at Zelda's Nayru Love shield, makes the arrow ricochet 90 degrees and hits the switch... What about team work! That would be absolutely awesome for me as a player and fan! Only Zelda could use the Elemental arrows, but could'nt use bombs and stuff, maybe have every one a different inventory. She could teleport to different areas with farore's wind and in off limit (for Link) areas using the 'wind' . I don't know, this is purely a Fan's greatest dream to actually unite the good to fend evil before the last 10 minutes of the game!

I mean even have the game span more than Hyrule, that way, Zelda can be a useful teammate and sidekick to help the other countries too. I was shocked about how they made her cool in TP but she was totally eclipsed by Midna (even links wants to stay with midna at the end, not the saved kingdom's princess... A SHAME I SAY). This time make her a major role in the game, the ACTUAL LEGEND OF ZELDA. I mean do you call someone who fears mice a legend? (Spirit Tracks killed the grandiose Zelda Character!)

Well that's my new thoughts on the subject...

Bye, I hope you liked it! :)

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
-I would love it if they introduce a bit of gore into the game... this will never happen seeing as it's meant to appeal to children.
-I love your idea of online co-op, and maybe even just a regular co-op.
-I want the world to be HUGE, not like TP where they had quite a large Hyrule Field, but the space was wasted somewhat.

-I know everyones talking about voice actors, but how about only having one set of voice actors for every version of the game worldwide, instead of having various dubs. Obviously this would mean having Japonese voice acting with english subtitles which may make some people angry, however for anyone who has seen films such as "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" I can tell you now that trying to change a typically Japanese film into American voicing doesn't work. Obviously that was a film and this a game I know, but it may still be the case.

- Obviously no voice acting for Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom