• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Want in the Wii Title?

Similar threads merged. ;)

Anyway, what would I like? Hm...

To be honest, I would like less in the way of new stuff to the series, and more like a return to it's roots. I don't mind new items, characters, etc., or even a new structure for the game as far as sidequests, plot and dungeons go. But when it comes to the gameplay, I want something a little more... nostalgic.

I'd like to see a complete removal of the horse and any kind of transportation vehicle. Alas, I'm almost certain they will have the horse... but at the very least I'd like them to throw more into the overworld. If they can't have the complex terrain that I want (which is impossible with the horse being in the game too), then at least I'd like them to have a lot of other stuff to do on the overworld.

I'd like a lot of sidequests and crazy new items. I want things to be harder. I want magic to come back and be more important. I would also like a return of Ocarina of Time's equipment system, but really fleshed out with more unique equipment. Maybe more awesome things like the Zora Armor that give you new abilities, new weapons other than swords, and more crazy magic shields and boots. :)

I would personally like it if they didn't use the realistic Twilight Princess style for the game. I'd like to see something more like Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask; realistic, but stylized. Oh, and even if they do go with the TP look, they better have ChuChus in the game, particularly ones more like how they were in WW, MC, PH and ST. :P

That's all I can think of for now. :)

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I want to see :-
1) Huge owerworld to explore with huge secret.
2) Graphic like TP.
3) Classic element like Wise Old Man and Kind Moblin that give you Rupees to return.
4) Multiple type of transportation like horse (Epona), Dodongo or Bear (from OOx), Ship, and Hot Air Balloon.
5) Many mini games and side quest.
6) Very very long Trading Sequence.

Z

Zoras Domain

With the horse, I LOVE the experience, but please, get rid of the fields! There's absolutely nothing to do. That is my major bug with transport. It's always to empty. Riding through a forest full of low branches and large tree roots, or through a mountainous terain, I wish. As far as graphics go, when I played TP after I had just been playing Ocarina of Time, the first thing I said was "Who IS that and where the hell is Link?" His hair was too dark and his face was a bit too rounded for my liking. I think the graphics should link with the storyline, aka dark story=dark graphics.

Maybe for this one we should have two countries. Like you spend half of it in Hyrule and another in a different country. Go for a completely different storyline. Like a war with another country, who isn't controlled by Ganon. Have him in there, but not as the main villain. Keep the gorons and zoras, and maybe bring back the gerudos. But another race from a different country would be good. Or maybe a new religion, that conflicts with the 3 goddesses and the triforce, and tries to take over Hyrule. I'm just saying, a NEW storyline. No more evil ressurections. Please.

And items. MORE THAN ONE USE. Keep the hookshot, I loved that tool, but some new items and things like that. Bow. Keep the bow, but no cross bow. Cross bows are extemely slow to load and are weak, but easy to aim. No cross bows, don't sacraficing easy aiming for less power and slower load times. Magic, oh how I miss the magic bring back the magic. Loved the ice arrows and fire arrows.

man, I will get shot for that, but NPC. No more Malo. Go for unique, but not freakishly so. Get stuff off of enemies, no just explosion, oh look, another ruppee, which is exactly the same as the other 300 I have. No more ruppee rewards. In TP, it got ridiculous. Harder bosses. Gyorg, okay, not as hard as that, but so that it takes more than one try. I defeated every boss in TP in one go. And no mish-mashes of old bosses like Zant. He only was original for 1 part of that battle, and for that he was prancing and spinning and, ugh.

More side quests and, I'm not a huge fan of minigames unless I get a huge quiver or bomb bag. And masks. Not the romani mask or anything like that, but the goron mask and zora were awesome. Wow, brainwaves. Oni as a villain. Could work. Anyway, these things won't all work together, but some of them. But these are wants, and I doubt less than a quarter of these will even be considered. But some of these would be great

Last edited by a moderator:

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I would like to see an epic story line in Zelda Wii. More plot twists, a more subtle villian who has a detailed background story to explain why he/she decided to turn evil (so no Zant with armies of shadow beasts or enormous evil pigs). I would also like some new races who are a bit more creative then the anouki. The races in general should also have more individuals which can have a key role in the story instead of a large group of identical looking people.
The game can be a bit more difficult and the bosses a bit more challenging than just shooting arrows in an eye. Like most people I would also like to see a more complex main 'field' with houses, little farms and parts of forest with animals running around. I don't have a favourite graphic style, but a perfected TP style would make me a happy zelda fan :)

Here's my list:
-1:1 swordplay, also for other "main weapons" that would replace sword
-gameplay translated to Gamecube system
-(GC) X, Y, B used for weapons
-(GC) Z used for specialty button
-brawling enabled, when no items assigned
-optional co-op play with Link and Zelda
-world map, complete with many kingdoms
-variety of weapons and gear (long list)
-sailing
-horseback
-limited musical instruments- flute and harp (for summoning or similar)
-magic spells
-combination of tools, weapons, etc.
-interactive environment
-stamina upgrades (instead of increased magic bar, shielded hearts, golden gauntlets, sword skills, etc.)
-voices?! maybe not for Link or Zelda, but the rest of the world? or just expressions like in Wind Waker and TP
-item storing (at locations throughout map)
-practical sense of gear on hand (spare tunics and boots, two primary weapons, shield, 3 secondary weapons, certain amount of small trinkets?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom