• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you want from Princess Zelda in Zelda Switch?

I love Zelda. Most of her appearances in the series have left a lasting impression on me throughout my life (though some not so much like Zelda triangle lip).

Even though we know nothing about Zelda Switch i'm curious as to what you'd like from her character in Zelda Switch.

Would you like a return to the stoic natured Zelda of TP?

The bratty version we saw in BotW?

Or something new and exciting that we havent seen from her character before?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Well they got the butt right last time but boobs are still lacking. Round those babies out and she's good to go. Also keep making her younger. They've almost gotten her back to that sweet spot. *cough*

And would it kill them to get her some triangle lips again? Geeze, ninty! Can't you dorks tell when you've got a good thing going??? :dry:

Also, here's an idea I had. What if the game starts with Link meeting her, but she has amnesia. Instead of Link getting his memories back, he tries to find objects that help Zelda get her memories back. They play a role in where the dungeons are, what the bosses are, how to defeat them, etc. That way, she's a part of the plot without being kidnapped and her presence can build her relationship with Link, from either acquaintances, to friends, to possibly in a romantic relationship.

I base this much on how she's presented in BOTW, giving her some character development, only instead making her more involved.

Here's what I can think of

Triangle lips, triangle boobs, thinner butt
A decent voice actor
Absent or out of the way in the final battle, depending on how important she is
Valley girl personality

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Also, here's an idea I had. What if the game starts with Link meeting her, but she has amnesia. Instead of Link getting his memories back, he tries to find objects that help Zelda get her memories back. They play a role in where the dungeons are, what the bosses are, how to defeat them, etc. That way, she's a part of the plot without being kidnapped and her presence can build her relationship with Link, from either acquaintances, to friends, to possibly in a romantic relationship.

I base this much on how she's presented in BOTW, giving her some character development, only instead making her more involved.
Like with Ila in TP??

Honestly, I think I'd just like it to be BotW Zelda, but the adventure should be a short time later (1-3 years maybe) and have her actively involved like she was in Spirit Tracks. I'm in the camp of people who actually really loved the portrait they painted of her personality, a young woman caught between the friction of her father, the pressure of her station, an almost crippling level of self doubt made worse by the previous two, and a responsibility thrust upon her before she was given any of the tools to face it. And all that getting pushed onto the appointed swordsman who seemed stoic and perfect, but she was able to relate to him once she let her wards down a little because she realized he was facing basically everything she was but not letting any of it show. I feel like there's actually fertile ground there, especially if you wanted to allow for a canonical romance in there, because that is actually reasonable ground for a stable relationship (as opposed to almost every other game pairing, which is just fandom 'shipping).

If its another post apocalyptic setting i want Zelda to bw like I hoped she was gonna be in BotW; a wild girl, Princess Mononoke or H'annit from Octopath. That'd be really cool and she'd be every bit as capable as Link.

... and to hell with it, playable too!

468px-H%27annit_Art.jpg

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Having just replayed Spirit Tracks, I must once again express how fantastic it was to have her not only as the companion but also as the one you fight with and solve puzzles with. Seriously, the Tower of Spirits has some of my favorite puzzle design in the series because she's there to help you through it. I am craving for more of that in the series. Swapping between both Link and Zelda to get the job done needs to be a thing again. Bonus points if she's even half as great as she was in BotW.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Sarcasm aside, I want her to return as Shiek and join Link at various points during the adventure. I want to play Zelda as Shiek. I also want Zelda to take a more proactive role in defending her kingdom. No more "I don't believe in myself ah! waaaah!" preteen nonsense or "I give up" junk from TP where she spends the whole game hold up in a dank tower while her kingdom rots while waiting for some random werewolf/imp pair to blunder along by chance.

I want her staging a defense of Hyrule, leading a rebel army and getting hands on with Link as Shiek. I want her wits to outmatch Ganon's brawn.

But that'll never happen because ninty is oblivious. We'll get another doormat vapid angsty teen gurl stereotype.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Sarcasm aside, I want her to return as Shiek and join Link at various points during the adventure. I want to play Zelda as Shiek. I also want Zelda to take a more proactive role in defending her kingdom. No more "I don't believe in myself ah! waaaah!" preteen nonsense or "I give up" junk from TP where she spends the whole game hold up in a dank tower while her kingdom rots while waiting for some random werewolf/imp pair to blunder along by chance.

I want her staging a defense of Hyrule, leading a rebel army and getting hands on with Link as Shiek. I want her wits to outmatch Ganon's brawn.

But that'll never happen because ninty is oblivious. We'll get another doormat vapid angsty teen gurl stereotype.
So youw ant Princess Leia?

I liked spirit tracks Zelda, she was funny, helpful. I’d want the next Zelda to be like that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom