• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Want for Christmas? What Are You Getting for Others?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I only want two things-

From my family, a drawing tablet.
From my boyfriend, a crystal necklace.

So, what do you all want? Do you have a big list?

Also, what are you getting for other people?

I tend to give a lot more than I want to receive, so my list for this is quite a bit bigger than my wants.

To my parents- I'm giving them a "voucher" that I make promising to come home for a weekend, in which I'll make set up a romantic dinner for them, and breakfast the next morning.
To my boyfriend- A gaming mouse (the Rat 7) that he's been wanting since before I met him.
To my closest friend- a corny romance novel and a rubber duck. (it's kind of a joke between us)
To my sister- $50 to spend however she wants. She says she wants to use it for a tattoo, but knowing her it'll go to cigarettes and hair dye.
To the rest of my family- simply my presence and lots of hugs. ^_^

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I don't want much. I told my mom that, and she yelled at me. So I put random crap on my list, I don't even remember what I put :P

And stuff I'm getting for my family:
Mom - Gnomes or Jonny Depp stuff
Dad - Video Games
Gillian(sister) - Penguin stuff
Caitlyn(sister) - Either Polar Bear stuff or real games for her DSI :P
Cats - Nothing because they don't deserve anything

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
i know what I'm getting: Nothing.

I have a Youth Group thing and a Band Tour to pay for. That's my Christmas

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I want my husband home for Christmas :kawaii:

After that I want a replica set of Dragonballs. My husband got his early; a Sig Saur 380.
Boy thing 1 is getting Sonic Colours and POSSIBLY Guitar Hero if I can find it...
Boy thing 2 is getting a fire truck set and POSSIBLY an iPad mini.
I also drew my brothers name from the family hat, he is getting men shaped cookies dressed as Star Trek Redshirts.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Pretty much I really want for Christmas is my laptop to be fixed. No matter what I have to do, I want it fixed.

If I get anything for Christmas from my family is probably something Mario related. Also I want a drawing tablet and I really want them to give me an Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds Perfume. I know it sounds silly, but my mom always put some one on me before I left for school when I was a child. It really makes me smile whenever I smell the perfume. Reminds me of my childhood.:)

If I tend to give something someone for Christmas, I'll probably make him/her a shirt. Like get a shirt and draw his/her their favorite character on the shirt. I'm pretty good at that. If not, I'll buy them something.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
-A new pair of headphones because my old ones broke a week ago
-A journal
-A new book/movie magazine to read because I'm out of reading material and I'm dying

And that's about it. I don't like asking my parents for a whole lot because they don't know that I know that their money situation is worse than what they tell me and my sister, and I want to make it easier for them by not asking for some crazy expensive electronics and stuff. I really don't need much. From the rest of my family I'm asking them to skip on buying me presents this year and give me money instead, so I can finally buy the camcorder I've been saving up for.

As for what I'm getting others, I don't really know yet. I'm awful at gift giving because I never know what anybody wants and I don't have the money to buy everyone big fancy gifts, although I wish I could. I'll probably get my friends some little things, (probably handmade, I'm thinking jewelry and stuff like that) and I have absolutely no clue what to get my parents o_o the'yre always pretty difficult to buy for.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I get myself the best Christmas present EVER :D
Doctor Who Season 5!! I got Season 6 today. Yes I ordered them both but Season 5 takes longer to arrive so I'll get that one right before Christmas!!! It'll be my special Christmas gift! This means I got the whole new Dr Who Series since the start in 2005 complete!!

octorok74

TETTAC
I don't really want anything this year. These past couple of years I haven't really wanted something, since I've just wanted to get stuff for others. But I did put down on my families grab bag that I want the "Memory is the Key" shirt from RoosterTeeth's store. My friend already bought a Grifball for me, so that should be arriving this week. Early Christmas gift that I told him I didn't want. Canadians, what am I to do if you buy me things.

As for what I plan on getting others. This is even harder, because I wanted to get something for each of my clan members. But I would end up spending a lot and the postage would be crazy. So I think I may just get some of the more active clan members MS points. I wish I could get them something bigger, but I just can't. Maybe next year though. And now I feel really bad.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
What I want:
- Monster's Inc on DVD
- Video Games

K, that's about it.

What I'm probably gonna get my parents:
- Love
- Hugs
- Kisses
- Free Hug Coupons
- Crossword Puzzles from the Newspaper
- My old Drawings that they admire for no apparent reason

Yup. I'm a great kid, I know.

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm getting a backwards comatible PS3 for Christmas and MGS4.

"What are you getting for others?" Why did I laugh so hard when I saw this?

Anyways, i'm probably going to give my brother some money and my cat a ball of yarn or something for him to play with. I have absolutely no clue as to what my parents could possibly want, so there's that. I'm also probably going to give my friends old video games I never play anymore. So yeah.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I don't know what I'm getting. I haven't asked for anything. When people ask me what I want I always say "I don't care," because I honestly don't. Everyone could get me nothing at all and it wouldn't bother me. My mum will probably get me some pyjamas though and most likely a box of Malteasers. My dad will get me nothing and I guarantee his only presence all day will be in the form of a phone call from the pub.

As for what I am getting other people I am at a total loss. I am usually brilliant at giving gifts. Seriously, you should have seen me last year, I crushed that. I'm so proud I'm going to tell you what I got people so you understand why I am allowing myself to be so self-indulgant about this.

Last year I got these gifts for other people:

Mum - I got her a beautiful watch that she wears every day, a Nintendo DS Lite and the first three Prof. Layton games, which she loves. I chose these because the watch is very elegant and professional looking to go with the job she started November last year and she loves puzzles (like sudoku and crosswords in the newspaper) and so I knew she'd get a kick out of Layton.

Dad - I got him a handsome watch also, as well as a collection of all Ian Fleming's Bond novels. The only watch he had previously was one that had damaged glass which did him alright for work (since he didn't have to worry about getting it scratched) but was terrible for when he went to the pub and stuff so I got him a fancy one for such ocassions. As for the books, he loves to read and he loves James Bond. No-brainer really :)

Brother - I didn't think my brother deserved anything from me but I decided leaving him out would upset my mum so I got him the Friends 10 Season Box Set. Even when I give begrudgingly, I give well.

As for friends of mine, well...

Daniel - I got him Jules' wallet from Pulp Fiction. You know the one I mean. It's the one that says... Well, you know. As a Tarantino nut he was very pleased.

Hannah - I got her this weird wooly scarf thing that also had a wooly hood on it, an excellent winter accessory (I have no idea what it was called, in fact while I was in the shop buying it I felt so out of place that I began to sweat). However, knowing she loves pigs, I also got a cute little stuffed pig and wrapped it in the scarf so when she opened the gift and saw the scarf, there was still a sweet surprise snuggled inside ^^

James - I got him some very nice Metallica t-shirts and some Twilight action figures. Now, you may be foaming at the mouth at the mention of Twilight but hear me out. First off, it was more of a joke than anything. Second, I knew his girlfriend loved Twilight and because I also knew both of them so well I knew that she would beg him to let her open them, he would say no and keep them out of her reach in a playful manner, she would persist and eventually offer him... ;)... and then he would get some. So I guess my gift was really just Christmas Romance.

Steven - I got him the Ocarina of Time. I got him the fudgin' Ocarina of fudgin' Time.

That is how good I am at giving gifts. But this year... I don't know what's happened. The only thing I know I'm going to get someone is a slankt for my mum (you know, those blankets with sleeves in them) because she'll use that all the time and love it but I don't know what else. Better get my thinking cap on since Christmas isn't far off now.

Dan

To my family - 99p chocolates from 99p world.

To my friends - nothing.

To me - some wii U games, some food and shizzle and maybe even more video games!

I want a lot and i have made everyone a list i what i want.

Wolf sage- from you i desire a wii U
A_link_in_time - I desire the stalker kit 4000
Pancake - only your batter will satisfy me.
Seth - I want to share an experience with you and your girlfriend.
LoZ - Your children
Vanessa - I want frank pleeeeeeease! :'(
Laz - one of your most prized lawnmowers
Hollie - your prized piano
Mandi - A steamroller to roll over a certain hat
Azure sage - Your positive outlook
Mandy - Your chemistry set
Rob - Your facial hair
Drum - Carrots

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
This year I'm hoping for some money to put towards getting a MacBook Pro. Aside from that I don't really want anything.
EDIT: I didn't see the giving part of the title.....
Mum:
Dad:
Brother 1: CoD Black Ops 2 Wii U
Brother 2:
Brother 3:
Sister:
Still need to figure the rest out....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom