• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo What Do You Think Will Happen to the Games Nintendo Will No Longer Be Offering After March 31st?

Nintendo will no longer be selling Super Mario 3D All-Stars or Fire Emblem 1 on Switch after today. Additionally, Super Mario Bros. 35 will be removed.

What do you think will happen to these games?

I can definitely see Fire Emblem 1 being released for Nintendo Switch Online somewhere down the line. Finally translating the game and then taking it down after only 4 or so months is incredibly wasteful.

I feel less sure about the Mario games. I see a lot of people thinking that Nintendo will release Super Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy separately on the Switch eShop. But Nintendo hasn't done such separate releases before for Kirby or Metroid.

Super Mario Bros. 35 may get a boxed release like Tetris 99 did before it, but Tetris 99 is still available digitally as well. So I feel like this game is just going to vanish. It wasn't too hard for Nintendo to slightly mod SMB1 so I doubt it was a big investment.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The stuff that doesn't require a persistent internet connection (that mostly being Super Mario 35) will find its way to PCs through emulation if people aren't already playing superior versions of the game. The only game whose presence might make a splash is the version of Mario Galaxy that doesn't require motion controls. The same probably goes for this port of the original Fire Emblem.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
if N64 games were to come to NSO, there's your answer for mario 64

I can see them selling sunshine and galaxy stand alone digitally, but it's hard to tell what their plans are

I have no idea for the other two, maybe they could be rereleased in some form, or maybe we won't see them again for a long time, reminder we still haven't seen four swords anniversary come back since the early days of the 3ds

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
super mario 35: good riddance, hope it stays away. It was fun for the first 5 minutes
SM64: possibly N64 virtual console
SMS: HD remaster baybee this august c'mon
SMG/2: genuinely don't know if these need ports/remakes/what have you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom