• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you think will be announced next about BotW 2?

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
In the last direct, we were gifted the release of Skyward Sword HD and a promise of info about BotW 2. What do you believe will be announced? Playable Zelda? The return of Dungeons? Or will it be a catastrophe, like the Faces of Evil?
that was what was here before E3. now that it has arrived, it will be shifted over to what will be announced next.

Last edited:

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
They're obviously gonna announce another prequel along with a message of "We're sorry, but we need more time..."
(J/k, they can take as long as they need. But I'm really hoping they show us at least something... It's E3 so I'm sure they will.)

ChimeraWarden

I think Playable Zelda is very likely, but I'd really like Dungeons to come back. Maybe in an ALBW style, to keep the Open World.
That dungeon style seems likely, and it’s be pretty cool for them to incorporate multiplayer into having Zelda in, but considering how bullet time works and how clunky bullet time in 2 player was in the Age of Calamity demo, there’s a solid chance it’ll be reworked or thrown out altogether. I for one hope they rework it instead of tossing it out, but hey, it’s Nintendo’s choice, and I think they’ll figure it out.
They're obviously gonna announce another prequel along with a message of "We're sorry, but we need more time..."
(J/k, they can take as long as they need. But I'm really hoping they show us at least something... It's E3 so I'm sure they will.)
well, if they’re going to announce anything, it should be the game about the hero of Picori or the version of Link who fought the original Calamity with the aid of Sheikah tech armies. Those would be solid ways to flesh out the timeline, and the latter would help in placing BotW on the timeline. And it’s unlikely that Nintendo would go back on their word, but remember that they said BotW would release in 2015.

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
That dungeon style seems likely, and it’s be pretty cool for them to incorporate multiplayer into having Zelda in, but considering how bullet time works and how clunky it was in the Age of Calamity demo, there’s a solid chance it’ll be reworked or thrown out altogether. I for one hope they rework it instead of tossing it out, but hey, it’s Nintendo’s choice, and I think they’ll figure it out.
It'd be cool if they did a Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin body swap style.

ChimeraWarden

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
A confirmation on what the title of the game will be, and early gameplay of the starting area. Maybe a small plot synopsis. Basically what E3 2016 gave us for Breath of the Wild.
My thoughts as well. I'd expect a second trailer over gameplay, though. I absolutely think we're gonna learn its name at the bare minimum.

The full intro cutscene, some gameplay footage, and a general release time (Q3 - Q4 2022)

Aside from that, there will likely be some interviews that about some of the details like the plot and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom