• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you think will be announced next about BotW 2?

YES
FOR ONCE THE THEORISTS WERE RIGHT
most theories i saw said it would be underground, the exact opposite haha

Aiming for 2022 release window means it will almost certainly be released in 23 or later. I remember when BOTW was "definitely" coming out in 2015 lol

It's interesting that Skyward Sword to BotW (winter 2011 to spring 2017) has been shorter than BotW is to BotW 2 (winter 2022) is expected to be, and i'm confident in a delay too lol

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Did they specifically say it started two years ago? I believe they once mentioned the idea of a sequel came about due to having too many ideas for BOTW DLC. If that's true I'd assume they'd have been playing around with it for quite a while longer.
I remember them specifically announcing that development had begun after the initial trailer reveal. Something along the lines of "Development for a Breath of the Wild Sequel has officially begun", so the two year marker isn't too far out there I'd think. They already had the world built, so just needing to add stuff to it would make development relatively shorter.

The full intro cutscene, some gameplay footage, and a general release time (Q3 - Q4 2022)

Aside from that, there will likely be some interviews that about some of the details like the plot and whatnot.
2/3. Second paragraph doesn't count because I said likely.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Delay is super unlikely
Remember botw had to be developed for switch halfway through
Botw needs no world design or physics engine work that stuff is all ready to go, this game is coming out on time

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
Delay is super unlikely
Remember botw had to be developed for switch halfway through
Botw needs no world design or physics engine work that stuff is all ready to go, this game is coming out on time
yeah, Nintendo got it relatively easy considering they already have tons of land, enemies and mechanics left over from the first game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom