• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Do You Think Was the Easiest Kid Dungeon in Ocarina of Time?

What do you think was the easiest kid dungeon in Ocarina of time?

• Inside the Deku Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dodongo's Cavern

• Jabu- Jabu's Belly

• Total voters

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
I think it would have to be "Inside the Deku Tree" because that place was super easy! (In my opinion it was.) You get the Slingshot in like the first two minutes, those Deku Shrub mini bosses were really easy, and Gohma was so easy! I could defeat her in like thirty seconds. So, what do you think was the easiest kid dungeon in Ocarina of Time? :)

Last edited:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Of course it's Inside the Deku Tree. A lot of games have a level in the beginning that serves as a tutorial to help you learn how things work in the game and it tends to be the easiest level. A lot of the level focuses on teaching you how to use the slingshot, Deku Sticks, how the game's doors work, lock on-combat. and block pushing. Elements that come up later in the game. Knowing how to use the slingshot helps with using the bow later. This is in the normal version of the game of course. I don't know how it is in Master Quest. It's been too long since I've played that and never got around to it in Ocarina of Time 3D.

MW7

I'd have to say Inside the Deku Tree as well. Dondongo's Cavern wasn't much harder though and King Dondongo is just as easy if not easier than Queen Gohma. Inside Jabu Jabu was much much harder than the other two as it was actually possible to get lost inside and had a much harder boss.

Also technically the Spirit Temple was a child dungeon as well (and Bottom of the Well was more of a minidungeon), but no one would say that it was easier than the other three IMO anyway so I don't know why I even felt like I should point that out.

I totally say the Deku Tree I do not get hit at all in the dungeon and it takes me at least five minutes to complete the dungeon. Queen Gohma is also extremely easy and quick to defeat. It usually takes me thirty seconds to defeat her.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
Maybe because I've played through it ten thousand times, or maybe because it is the first dungeon, but I have to say 'Inside the Deku Tree.' I can beat Gohma in 10 seconds, which is sort of dull. But, as Matt mentioned earlier, it is meant to be a tutorial dungeon, so it makes sense it would come first.

I would actually do more play throughs of the game if I could just skip that one dungeon...

Red Link

Sandwhich and Cereal
Dodongo's Cavern and Great Deku Tree were both easy but i could beat Dodongo's Cavern in less then 10 minutes :mastersword:

Inside the Deku Tree, of course. That's the dungeon that shows you basic skills, movements, common puzzles, et cetera, that you use later on in the game.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Dodongo's Cavern, Getting to the dungeon was hard but when you were in there it was pretty straight forward. I HATED the Deku Tree, Got stuck there on my first playthrough when I was 5 years old. I couldn't figure out taht you had to light the deku stick on fire and then burn down the web that was blocking your path. :mad:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Inside the Deku Tree.

I know it is a tutorial dungeon at most, but it shouldn't be so easy that I can get through it within 5 minutes with no scratches at all o.o

Pen

The game is on!
Inside the Deku Tree of course. That dungeon contained no keys at all, Navi told you exactly what to do and the boss at the end was ridiculously easy. Sure, the other two dungeons were pretty easy as well, but not as easy as the first dungeon of the game (but that isn't so strange after all).

M

Matthew

LOL. I agree with all the other posters that said Inside The Great Deku Tree. Super easy. It's definitely just a tutorial level. It's not time consuming, unless you count the opening cut scenes, and getting the Kokiri Sword, and Deku Shield. And even then, it's still easier, and shorter than the other dungeons.
Let's see.
You have to go see Princess Zelda, get the Keaton Mask for the guard(optional), buy the Hylian Shield, backtrack to the Kokiri Forest for Saria's Song(that includes going through the Lost Woods), and then play for Darunia, and then blow the freaking cavern open.
That's just to get in the dungeon.

See how much easier the first dungeon is? No comparison.

If you want to know which one is the hardest IMO(just to add to the conversation), I think it's Dodongo's Cavern. Only because I've played the game so many times, and I just enjoy the two other Dungeons so much more than Dodongo's Cavern, and everything I have to do to open it. -__-

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Inside The Deku Tree.

Like almost all other games, Ocarina of Time had a tutorial level. That tutorial level: Inside the Deku Tree. It was so easy because it was simply there to familiarize the player with controls, combat, and item use. They built the story around the tutorial so it didn't seem so obvious. And, of course, with the cute and adorable Navi to guide you, Inside the Deku tree made for the easiest child dungeon in Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom