• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds What Do You Think This Game Will Be Called?

The Legend of Zelda: After the Fall
LoZ: The Master Sword Sleeps
LoZ: A New Beginning
LoZ: A Chink in Time
LoZ: An Early Retirement Plan

Most Zelda games are named after an item or person who is central to the game's story. Until we know more about its plot, all we can do is make random guesses.

With that said, I sort of doubt Nintendo will call it "A Link to the Past 2". The only time they ever included a number in the title of a completely new Zelda game was Zelda II: The Adventure of Link on the NES. While they've had numbered entries more recently in other series -such as Super Mario Galaxy 2- they seem to prefer giving their Zelda games completely unique titles. This is true with even direct sequels. Majora's Mask was not called Ocarina of Time 2 and Phantom Hourglass was not refereed to as The Wind Waker 2. Of course, part of the reason for this is that those names referred to specific items that played central roles in the older games but were downplayed or not even present in the newer one. The fact that Link to the Past doesn't refer to a specific item in the game means it could still be used as part of the new game's title, but I still wouldn't expect it.

I think Nintendo will probably come up with a name that pays homage to Link to the Past. It will be similar but not exactly the same. If I was a gambler, I would definitely place a bet on the word "Link" being the title, at least for the western release (everyone should remember that AlttP's Japanese name translates to The Triforce of the Gods. I also think a name that is also time oriented wouldn't be out of the question, but I think it is more likely to reflect the extra dimension of depth that the 3DS's technology will add to the game.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
A Link to the Future, would just be lazy! Im not gonna lie, i would really enjoy it if the game was based on fixing the "Decline" timeline, merging it into the child or adult era.

Whether anyone agrees with me or not, to do this game right, its gonna need a dual world, i don't see the dark world coming back, however time travel it most likely. This is just speculation or creative hopefulness but it would be Sweet if the dual world was returning to the era of OoT, to prevent whatever it was that Nintendo is pulling out their *** to explain "the hero is defeated" cuz that is something they threw at us that they had no rhyme or reason too, they just couldn't find a place to put the games so they say "Here we will just say that all our old games happen when/if the hero were to lose against Gannon in OoT" however none of us seen this happen, nor have we ever even seen a reference to the hero dying.... unless you count the story at the beginning of WW where darkness came and no Hero was born so the gods flooded the world or something along those lines, but it is still never mentioned that the Hero was defeated. So call me crazy, but i would like for them to either show us when and how the hero loses or just let us fix it in the game too where what Nintendo is saying happened (link being defeated), show this happening to us so its believable, and let us Save the OoT link or something, IDK im just ranting really, im starting to get impatient already wanting to know some story details. im tired of speculating!

Ahh here we go, The Legend of Zelda: Decline Prevention LOL or LoZ: A Fix in time(line)

ooooo, here we got, lets say im right and we prevent OoT Links defeat..... you ready for it.....

Legend of Zelda: Heros Never Die! YESSSSSSS!:lol:

I highly doubt the game would return us in time the OoT era. That would requiring completely changing the over world of the game to match up with landscape of OoT, basically remaking a 2D version of it. Although that does sound awesome as an idea, I think it would be way too much work.

A Link to the Future would be pretty lame. :O

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I like the idea of playing a game preventing the Defeat, That whole idea of the Hero Dying just makes me mad, cuz no where in the games or lore do we see Link Defeated, nor is it ever Mentioned other than the Timeline just throwing games they couldnt fit IN the time line over to the side and im guessing a conversation that went like this
Dev1: "what do we do about these games guys"
Dev2:"i dont really know"
Dev1:"well we can logically say they fit here or here"
Dev2:"hmm..."
Shigeru Miyamoto:"what we doing guys"
Dev1:"trying to make a timeline for your Zelda series"
Dev2:"but we cant find where to put the oracle games and anything before 1993"
Shigeru Miyamoto:"screw it, Lets just say its an alternate timeline and we will say this is what happened if Link were to be defeated by Gannon in OoT"
Dev1&2:"works for me"

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
There's already a Kirby game with that title. My idea is better, "The Legend of Zelda: Shadow Curse". Trust it's make more sense considering Nintendo already used the title, "Canvas Curse" with Kirby.

OcarinaofWind12

So zetta slow!
There's already a Kirby game with that title. My idea is better, "The Legend of Zelda: Shadow Curse". Trust it's make more sense considering Nintendo already used the title, "Canvas Curse" with Kirby.

That was the point. I don't really think they would call it this, but I found it funny that it worked. Hence the confused Kirby underneath my "guess".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom