• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Do You Think the New Zelda Game Will Be Like?

J

jjturd

I think it would be a amazing remake of wind waker :):hylianshield:

I think the next Zelda game will be like....

[takes a deep breath]

...The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

But in all seriousness, that's such an all-encompassing question that it's hard to answer. It's been confirmed that we're receiving an HD rendition of The Wind Waker on Wii U before Zelda Wii U itself launches. I think we're getting a Zelda game with more freedom to choose which dungeons you want to do in order and something about having other people play along with you. Other than that, what we can expect is pretty vague.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Well for the new Zelda game...I honestly don't think it's going to be as non-linear as Aounuma and some Zelda fans hoped. A lot of them talk about branching dungeons or multiple paths but...it's just not gonna happen. Nintendo will rethink it, but will, in all likely hood, end up making a game slightly more linear than OoT, but not as linear as Majora's Mask and onward.

Deeds

no text
I doubt it would be a remake of tWW seeing as we're now getting tWW HD on Wii U before we get Zelda U, not sure if you knew that. I have no idea what it will be like, I'm just hoping it's non-linear, but not to the point where it doesn't feel like a Zelda game.

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
Personally, I want to see a different batch of dungeon types. Instead of the normal grass dungeons and typical fire temples, I wanna see something completely new, like maybe a dungeon totally underwater (or something that we would be caught off guard from). We got a lil bit of this from Skyward Sword with the Sand Sea Pirate Ship.

Well, I hope they don't go all out on that non-linear thing. Don't get me wrong, I want to have a rich land full of exploration and characters, I just want the game to not be like the first Zelda, all though I enjoy that game, I really don't want something with such little depth in plot and characters.

I sorta want what they had with majoras mask, with a focus more on side characters. It doesn't have to be as in depth as MM, but I still want them to play a large role especially with exploration.

For instance, I want a large rich land to explore with lots of puzzles and things to collect(I really liked what they did in SS, but maybe more balanced and more reason to upgrade), but to keep the plot in, the side characters could give you tasks to find certain things in certain areas. Like they could say things such as "My child is missing, I think he went somewhere far north, in the woods." Thus giving you a reason to travel north, and allowing you to find many things there(maybe mini-dungeons?) without even needing to even go there. This would give you 1. More depth of the world and whats happening. and 2. more reason to explore.

You shouldn't have to talk to these characters at all to go to these areas, you could go on and explore the land without their orders, and you could find this child(or whatever) anyways and get the same prize. I just like the idea of the CPU's being there for more depth of the world, thus giving you more reason to save it.

And that is just a wish, that will never ever ever happen, and I bet a bunch people would hate it if it did happen(there are always haters)... But MAN would that be so freaking cool 0_0

Sorry, this is about what I expect from the new Zelda, not a wish for the new Zelda.

Well, there really isn't much to go on, as there isn't much info on it yet. With the release of WWW-U it might suggest it has to do with something around that area of the timeline. But I don't know how, as it has 2 sequels already, maybe link finds the master sword in Ganons head? Ya never know.

As people said, something that is non-linear, but I agree with darkest link, Nintendo sometimes backs out on such things. I hope they don't though, I stated at first I don't want a original LoZ thing, and I don't care if the dungeons are in a forced order or not, I just want to be able to explore and get in depth with characters. To me that's what non-linear can mean, just being able to explore a rich land without feeling forced to move on in the plot. :p

There I go getting off to my wish rather then what I expect again! ha ha. I guess to end this, I just expect a great game as always!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom