• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Do You Think SS Was Missing?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The game definitely could've put more emphasis on the sky, had a better story, involved more characters, made Zelda less of a plot device, made the game harder, more replayability, and more dungeons.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I think Skyward Sword has much to expand on, but Demise, I think Nintendo really wanted everybody to beat the game, which is why they made Demise so easy.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Skyward Sword was a great game, but it was "bad" on so many terms.

1.) Motion controls - I really liked them, but they were such a pain. It's really frustrating to shoot your bow or your slingshot perfectly and all of a sudden the point moves like crazy.
The controls were good in some area's, such as swinging the sword, but it was very difficult.
2.) The Harp - The controls lacked so much. All you did was move the Wii-remote back and forth to create music that wasn't....... tasteful? I would have liked it better if they implemented better controls.
3.) Dungeons/Temples - Unlike the regions which were pretty big, the Dungeons and Temples were VERY VERY small. I was absolutely disappointed. Not only were they small, they were very linear. They kind of balanced it out with Skykeep and the Fire Sanctuary, but, wow.
4.) Bosses - Now don't get me wrong, some of the bosses were great! Others..... well..... Fighting the Imprisoned 3 times and Ghirahim 3 times, it gets a little repetitive. Not to mention a fair amount of bosses with their weak point being their eye. That was a bit disappointing. Although I did enjoy Koloktos, Demise, and the FINAL Ghirahim battle.

I believe I've made some points.
But in general, it was a good game.

I think Skyward Sword could of been a little less linear, have had more sidequests, and more towns and things to do in the sky. Other than that though I found everything else to be near perfection.

Jesse said:
5. It would have been nice to have a "boss on the loose". If you remember games like final fantasy 7. The ultimate weapon enemy "thing" it roamed around freely and when you could fight it at anytime after a certain point, but needed to acquire the strength to actually defeat it.

One major difference between the two franchises-Zelda is not an RPG, Final Fantasy is.

Jesse said:
A full on battle with Levias "shooting light arrows or something from your loft wing" would have been better than the Bilocyte.

Very interesting idea. It certainly would have added at least one truly memorable Loftwing sequence into the game.

Jesse said:
Ghirahim SHOULD have been used as someone to fight from STOPPING you from going into a dungeon, not waiting till you finish one and than replacing the boss fight.

Zant was a dungeon boss in Twilight Princess. People did't complain about that back in 2006. I agree that it would have bee nice to see more colossal bosses at the end of the Skyview Temple and Fire Sanctuary, however, Ghirahim embodied a general idea of some degree of nonconformity in dungeon structure for the Zelda series especially since the idea of having pure elemental dungeons was mostly phased out in Skyward Sword.

Your thoughts regarding Demise are confusing. I find myself agreeing with this:

TheBlueReptile said:
Another three dungeons? No thanks. That would have disjointed the final boss battle (which includes Ghirahim, The Hoarde and Demise for those who say Demise was too short of a final boss) far too much.

I agree that the game's boss battle could have been improved but in reality improvement to a game are only thought of several weeks after a game has been released and the masses can judge and critic the game

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Most of the stuff I agree with you on. I can't say I agree with the Light Arrow and "piece of cake bosses" things, but pretty much everything else I feel is right on the money. Vovlagia definitely should have been the boss of the Fire Sanctuary, followed by an overworld battle of sorts with Ghirahim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom