• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think Spirit of the Skyward Sword's Name and Personality?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yeah, I don't want her to be annoying, yet funny like Midna, and helping like Navi. It would be nice if she has a deep yet intriguing back-story. As for her name.. is it Adelle, Adella, Aderu, or Zordiana??? Also.. who put these names?????

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I hope she is mysterious cool and come and not like Navi.
Personally a Midna type Character would be awsome but I don't think that would fit very well all things considered.

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
I liked how at several points, Midna just decided not to help you. You had to do it on your own. I think her personality, based on appearance only, will be a little childish, but not immature. She shouldn't know what she's doing. She could be almost as confused as Link, but with different idea's...ones that just happen to be good ones.

Either that, or she should represent a sword. She should be violent, and impatient, but still classy and sophisticated...

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I believe she will be shy and unlike any sidekick before her. I made this assumption as soon as I had seen the concept art in which her feet are shifted inward, towards each other. This body language supposedly means you would be nervous or shy and is something most people around the world do unconsciously when they are unsure and indecisive in front of others or self consciously. it seems as though Link is her protector and that she follows him because of his boldness and his urgency to save his friends. She would look up to his positive traits like his courage. Else why would she accept him to weild her blade? she must be curious to find out what drives Link but a little nervous at the prospects at the same time.

It's a tedious relationship but i think it is one that would make for some fresh new storyline in the zelda series and i really really think I've got it right this time but we'll see... I could be wrong in that she is shy or nervous as a character but in the picture her stance definitly shows hers as looking that way and I'm sure you've noticed people turning their toes inward on tv shows and cartoons. It happens more than you think it does but then again the artist may just have been trying to set a mood in the picture and it doesn't reflect on the game at all.

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
While I'm not sure of what her name would be, or of any of the rumoured ones (which I feel none of them will be the final name...) I feel her personality would be somewhat emotionless. That is to say, she wouldn't be bold, but she wouldn't have spunk. Netural I suppose. I like Raven's theory, because the body language really does convey the shyness, but the blank face that almost appears to be a metal motionless mask leads me to think she'd have a proper, deliberate way of speaking but in doing so wouldn't be happy or sad about the situations or what she was speaking of. Maybe that doesn't seem fun, but over time she could gain some kind of emotion and that would be her character growth by game's end.

I'm trying to think of other existing characters to equate what I'm trying to convey to, but can't quite. It's sort of a blank emotion. Almost robotic in formality. She's essentially the spirit of an inanimate object, so she'd read with a fairly quite monotone voice that's neither for or against the events unfolding. More of a "this is my purpose, so therefore this is how I will act", but she wouldn't be heartily against evil or pro good.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I believe she will be shy and unlike any sidekick before her. I made this assumption as soon as I had seen the concept art in which her feet are shifted inward, towards each other. This body language supposedly means you would be nervous or shy and is something most people around the world do unconsciously when they are unsure and indecisive in front of others or self consciously.
I also have to agree with Raven on this one. I think she's going to be kindof shy and she'll probably stay that way throughout the game.
But I also think that she'll be very wise sidekick as well. She just looks like the type of person filled with wisdom. I mean, she is the Skyward Sword/Master Sword, so she must be wise, right?

Watch her be completely reckless and loud-mouthed like Midna >>;

I really liked Midna because she was more a story/game driver than a helper. I really hope you don't need to let her help you if you dont. If it were an option it would be nice, as well as if she drove the story, which I'm sure she will. I also like the idea of her being shy.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I'll just wait until the name of the spirit is revealed, and I believe she is something refreshing.

I assume that she'll be more serious and more direct than any other sidekick I've come across in the Legend of Zelda. Midna was rather blunt at things, but she really gives helpful tips. Navi was just telling things straight away and giving precise information. Tatl was reluctant, but she still gave a hint on how to beat things. So I think the girl, whom I shall assume as nameless until her name is revealed, is someone who'll change everything.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Let me guess the name ^_^...."kliria"or "Shalom", that's the first two names came out in my mind.

Shalom is a Jewish greeting. I think it means hello.

I would greatly appreciate if the sword was sassy yet serious and emotional when it came to important plot points. Some comedy wouldnt go amiss either.

I belive that the fan dubbed/slightly officially confirmed name Adelle is best sutied to the sword. It sounds great, unlike Zordiana. (Which sounds like something from a horrible B-movie or TV series)

David

But you called me here...
I like Adelle personally, but I think that Nintendo well come up with a really good name for her. I mean, they came up with Midna, and we all love her, right?

I'm hoping her personality is different from Midna, Navi, etc. just for the sake of variety, and I'm betting she'll be the shy tipe too! I don't know why I don't like the name Zordiana. I think Adelle is much better! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom