• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think Skyward Sword Link's Final Smash Could Be?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So with the inevitability the possibility of Skyward Sword Link being the one to appear in the next Smash Bros. title (and assuming the Smash Ball stays), what kind of Final Smash do you think he might pull off? Could it be just a repeat of the one seen in Brawl, or could it be something relevant to the game's plot? I'm interested to see the ideas people have for this. Discuss!

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It isn't inevitable for SS Link to appear as a playable character; it's merely anticipated as such seeing as past iterations have made it into SSB. Regardless, I think it's safe to say that, should Namco and Sora reuse Brawl assets, that SS Link would just get a Triforce Slash...assuming we even get Final Smashes in SSB4. I mean, he DID skillfully and artfully obtain each and every Triforce piece, right? ;)

If Skyward Sword Link is the incarnation of Link they choose to be in the next Super Smash Bros. installment, I think his final smash should be a final SMAASHHH. That is, SMASH everyone with the Statue of the Goddess like he did the Imprisoned. Because you know smashing is fun. And Triforce Slash < Triforce SMASH. Jussayin'.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
If Skyward Sword Link is the incarnation of Link they choose to be in the next Super Smash Bros. installment, I think his final smash should be a final SMAASHHH. That is, SMASH everyone with the Statue of the Goddess like he did the Imprisoned. Because you know smashing is fun. And Triforce Slash < Triforce SMASH. Jussayin'.

I thought about that myself, but that seems like a rip-off of Snorlax. Perhaps he could use the Skyward Strike like Zelda did the Light Arrow?

I think he would hop on his loftwing and use the Sacred Bow to snipe enemies from a distance, kind of like snake's final smash.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't expect too much of a difference from Brawl. In the event that they do use Skyward Sword Link, I can see them reusing Twilight Princess' Link's Final Smash. Seems most reasonable imo.

izi

Not A Wizard
Something that isn't the same as TP Link. Maybe something involving the Loftwing? Or maybe Fi coming in and annoying everyone else into resigning?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Or maybe Fi coming in and annoying everyone else into resigning?
Lol that would work better as an assist trophy...it would work like Resetti from animal crossing's assist trophy.

I think they will keep the triforce slash, but maybe they can include the skyward strike. The only thing that's replaceable is the side B action, the boomerang. The boomerang wasnt in SS, but bombs and the spin attack were. And the spin attack is too useful to take out! I should know, I play as Link all the time, and spin attacking saves my life when I fall off cliffs.

Who else wants to see Groose as an assist trophy with the groosenator?

Link's final smash in Super Smash Bros. Brawl was very generic. I'd be disappointed if Nintendo and Namco Bandai reused the same move in SSB4.

I'm not a fan of super powered moves in general. Fights in Brawl became chases for the Smash Ball which was a major detractor from the great overall balance present in the game. The Loftwing idea presented above is acceptable and although technically they are an adversarial group, I wouldn't mind Link summoning the Silent Realm Guardians as his final smash. Or perhaps that could be reserved for Ghirahim if he makes a Smash Bros. debut.

Dragoncat said:
maybe they can include the skyward strike

Personally, if the developers opt to replace Ganondorf for Demise, I'd prefer if Demise's final smash was the Skyward Strike. His lightning charged variation is much stronger and visually appealing that Link's counterpart.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I reckon it should stay the same. Asides from how kickass it is, it actually makes sense considering SS Link managed to obtain the complete Triforce.

Matter of fact, I think most in the game should remain the same, but be buffed or nerfed to fit a balance. Some are obviously lacking, while others can slaughter the game beyond belief. The only cases where they should change completely is to further luigify clone characters, especially the Starfox characters. Falco needs an Arwing.

"Personally, I prefer the air!"
*pulls down a LANDmaster
-.-

Fights in Brawl became chases for the Smash Ball which was a major detractor from the great overall balance present in the game.

When items are turned on, game balance is thrown out the window. People chase after any good item, why isolate the Smash Ball? The Home-Run Bat is a one hit KO and an extremely powerful throwing weapon. The dragoon provides easy KOs. The Cracker Launcher and Superspicy curry make it impossible for the character to be approached. I could go on...

Last edited:
When items are turned on, game balance is thrown out the window. People chase after any good item, why isolate the Smash Ball? The Home-Run Bat is a one hit KO and an extremely powerful throwing weapon. The dragoon provides easy KOs. The Cracker Launcher and Superspicy curry make it impossible for the character to be approached. I could go on...

I completely agree with your sentiments that anyone wishing for standard fighting fare plays with items off and items render bouts more luck than skill based. Sorry for the prior lack of clarity but when compared to other impressive arsenal be it the Hammer of Home-Run Bat, the effects of the final smash hamper the fluidity of battle as players flee to avoid each others' final smashes.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I completely agree with your sentiments that anyone wishing for standard fighting fare plays with items off and items render bouts more luck than skill based. Sorry for the prior lack of clarity but when compared to other impressive arsenal be it the Hammer of Home-Run Bat, the effects of the final smash hamper the fluidity of battle as players flee to avoid each others' final smashes.

No they don't? People avoid all legendary weapons. I'm not going to run into a person with the Superspicy curry or Hammer.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, guys, the thread looks to be straying off course a bit; this is about speculation of Link's final smash should this particular Link be SS Link while making the assumption that Final Smashes will return. ;)

Anyway, I figured Link could take to the armor route if he doesn't just get a copy/paste of the T-Slash; perhaps he could "summon" some magic armor, or maybe wear yellow Knight's Garb and have super abilities? Forward Smash could freeze opponents and stuff? Of course this idea wouldn't be used in competitive play (competitive = no items), but it could still be great fun for a party. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom