• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you think of Youtube Rewind? What should it have been?

How do you all feel about that monstrosity of a video? Or do you like it? Why or why not?

I think it's terrible for many reasons, but unfortunately I feel the video speaks for itself on why. The pandering is probably the biggest reason why I dislike it.

Youtube Rewind should have showed popular youtubers from all groups on the platform (gaming channels, makeup gurus, skit channels,animators, commentators, etc.). They did kind of do that, but nobody knew who they were, and because it's a "rewind" video, shouldn't it be a reflection on the past year in terms of what everyone loved most? Youtube may have been trying to give these small youtubers some kind of exposure, but that's not what rewind is about. The fortnite streamer, "Ninja" played a big role in the video, but he's not even a youtuber, he makes his videos on Twitch. A lot of the dialogue doesn't make sense and there's a huge lack of context to what's happening, it's like a fever dream. The forced family-friendly positive themes are getting old, this isn't what youtube is or should be.
Most importantly, Pewdiepie should've been in it.

Anyway, here's the vid:

Last edited:

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Youtube rewind is such a waste of time, if I were to make it I'd only use footage of smaller Youtubers. Nothing from Pewdiepie is not a good move, (I don't watch him but do respect him). Anyone can make a mash up of several other videos, no everyone can do it well. Rewind needs to either stop, or be more inclusive, I NEVER even heard of anyone in the rewind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom