• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you think of Wi-Fi?

Chidori

Mongrel
It fails... So totally... At least in my opinion or it's just the way I see it.

I just hate the fact that it always lags, even when I live close to a certain person, there is always a bit of lag and it's pretty annoying... But another bad thing is Random Battles. It's impossible to change the rules, I'm always doing 2 minute matches with all items on... They could have at least put "1 vs 1" matches in, Free for Alls suck. Doubles Matches are pretty fun but man, I just want a regular 1vs1 duel.

Anyway give your thoughts on how you reacted to the Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've heard mixed reviews about it. For some it lags, for others it works fine. I, myself, haven't tried it yet, and I won't be able to until at least September when I have wireless again.

The wireless Fidelity of SSBB. Personally I think it's a good achievement, I mean come on you could be playing with someone in China. And of course there's going to be lag. Why wouldn't there be? I, of course, don't have Wi-Fi, so I really can't tell you much more than that.

Chidori

Mongrel
I battled my friend who lives in the same City as me. We both have good connections, however, there is still lag... Fail.

Oh, also, random battles were a total failure, I mean literally, why can I only battle people around the world in 3 stock matches with no items on? It just sucks.

Kybyrian

I don't have Wi-Fi, so I can't really make an honest opinion. But I have heard that it is really laggy, and that it can really provide consequences.

K

kris94

It doesnt lag with my connection. But if u meet someone with a bad connection, then u wanna throw out ur TV :P

The only thing I miss is 1 vs 1 Duel, because I always want to know who's the best in a fair battle :D

Claire

The Geekette
I've never had any trouble playing with Wi-Fi with the Wii, and I actually enjoy being able to play games with other people. It makes it more entertaining when you are by yourself, or can just you more involved with the game. ^^

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Nintendo WI-FI is a great service for the cost. By the cost, I mean it is the only one of the three (Other were XBOX Live and PlayStation Network) that is free. The multiplayer is good, yet there needs to be a little more freedom. I know that they are trying to be safe from harassment against n00bs or good players, but they need more games with chat without the need of Friend Codes. Right now, Metroid Prime Hunters, Pokemons Diamond and Pearl, and Animal Crossing: City Folk are the only games that contain voice chat. A few other games allow text chat, but both are if you and the other person have friend codes exchanged. Apart from that, the service is pretty good. Pretty reliable, only a bit of lag, depending on the game. I like the patended system that they offer.

Wi-Fi all depends on the time of day you play on. Durning Peak Hours is gonna lag like hell. However I play later at night and it seems to work better, I just dont like how long it takes to match me up with people.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I like the idea of connecting with people all over the world.My Ds's wifi works perfectly and I"m always playing a game on wifi(usually Phantom Hourglass) and it really never lags which is pretty odd i say o_O

mewtwolord

Hello World
I think Wi-Fi is awesome cause you can play your friends and other people in online which is way better than just playing all alone.But hte worst part your wi-fi messes up you have to go through all this crap just to get your wi-fi back on.Overall Wi-Fi is good .

Wi-Fi with SSBB is absolutely horrible. I never play it because it lags so much. However, Mario Kart Wii has excellent Wi-Fi. I've never had any problems with it, and it's so much fun to play against people on the other side of the world.

My connection never lags. Anyway I find it better than Xbox 360 and PS3 because you have to pay for it. On Nintendo, you just need to take time to enter in a code. It takes time, but its better than setting my wallet ablaze.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
Nintendo WI-FI is a great service for the cost. By the cost, I mean it is the only one of the three (Other were XBOX Live and PlayStation Network) that is free.

I might be mistaken, but isn't the PSN free? All of my friends that have a PS3 or PSP say that they aren't charged for it.

I've honestly never been a big fan of Wi-Fi battling. The most I have done on Wi-Fi though was Brawl, and it went alright. I didn't have any lag on my end and it went smoothly from start to finish. I do however wish that voice chat would be implemented on the majority of games with Wi-Fi compatibility, but I understand why it's not a feature on a lot of Nintendo games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom