• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern What Do You Think of This Concept For a Zelda Game?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
While reading through a Thread called "New Mode" a member named HylianHero said this:

I say when you start a save file, you should be given three modes: easy mode, normal mode, and hero mode. In easy mode the enemies would do less damage and the solutions to puzzles would be slightly more obvious. Normal mode mode would be the normal game. And in Hero mode the enemies would do double damage and the puzzles would be shifted slightly to make them harder.

After you beat a save file on normal or hero mode, but not easy mode, a Master Quest would become available. This Master Quest would have enemies that deal double damage and completely mixed up puzzles much like the Master Quest in OoT. However,this Master Quest would have completely new side quests and multiple bonus dungeons. Maybe like one available from the get-go, one after you were 1/3 through the game, then 2/3 through the game for the third, and then one Ultimate Master Dome available only after you beat the final boss. Beating the first three would result in a bonus item or key or something that you would need to beat the Master Dome. And after you beat the Master Dome, you got a second ending and you would be blessed by the goddesses as the Hero of Heroes or something like that.

This would be the ideal setup for me.

I thought his idea on this topic was pretty good, but then i said this:

Im all about this, but ill add to it, we should be given more after beating the game to keep us playing, and instead of putting (like master quest) on another disc we should get it as and unlock, but better than Hero Mode. Like being able to customized the outfit Link wares like performing certain things in the game unlocks different outfits and accessories, bring back old out fits from old games like the one from the beginning of WW, or the tunics with the color scheme of old ALttP Upgrade Tunics, each giving different attributes, as well as the accessories which would limit which abilities you can use at that time, so you would have to dress to you play style. Making the game harder...... Heck this stuff sounds good for the actual game to me.. i dont know. just my thoughts on the matter!

So whether its a new mode, or an actual concept for a game... What do you think? I would like to officially like to give credit and thanks to HylianHero for giving this idea to me and inspiring me to make this thread, as this is only the second thread i have made!

So what do you think of the Idea? Do you want it to be as a Second Mode after completion or would you like these to be the concept of a game? Or do you hate the Idea Completely? If so, tell us why as to just not rant cuz its "not what Zelda should be like" or "Its too RPG like"! However if the RPG essence is your issue tell us why, and how it would not fit. But just to note; RPG elements have made their way into Many Zelda Titles. So it would be nothing NEW! Anyways Lets have fun with this, and try to keep it Positive and most of all Informative!

Thank you,
Snake

MW7

I really like both sets of ideas. HylianHero's idea appeals to me because I'm all for more dungeons and different puzzles. Dungeons and puzzles are my favorite aspects of Zelda games, and his idea sounds like it would add a lot more content to the game. I like your idea as well because different abilities based on different outfits sounds like it would add more strategy to the games, and this seems like a fun way to make Zelda games more challenging. Almost anything that makes Zelda games require more thinking and be more mentally challenging is something I'd like.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
...I've said a very similar thing in the past, only with a Hard Mode available and having no hearts spawn in a second quest (not called Master Quest) rather than double damage. Enemies would already be dealing more damage in higher difficulties. What would be the point of doing that all over again lol.

P.S. WHY DIDN'T I GET MY RECOGNITION??? *pouts*
jk

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't like that idea as the first go-to idea for extending the playtime of a game. Since, imagine a Zelda game is 15 hours long, and this 'Master Quest' offers maybe 5 - 10 more hours of content, not all of it even new. I'd rather them just create more content in the main and make it 20-25 hours long instead, really.

A hard mode would be pretty great. A 'Hero of Time' mode with more limited items and tougher enemies. But I'd rather them just extend the main game rather than give Nintendo an excuse to re-use resources and content a bit. ;) I don't think we need to encourage developers to do that.

...I've said a very similar thing in the past, only with a Hard Mode available and having no hearts spawn in a second quest (not called Master Quest) rather than double damage.

Isn't that essentially what Hero Mode is in SS? With the exception of the Goddess Walls and heart medal thing, there are no heart spawns.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't think it's necessary to have that many modes... It seems a little excessive to me. I think we should have one hard mode available after beating the game. If we have 4 difficulty modes, then production on the game would take way too long. I like OOT3D's Master Quest, and I like SS's Hero Mode (although it was still slightly easy for me, at least compared to MQ), and I'm hoping we get them in future titles. But, not 4... That's too many! I like to try all the different versions of a game available, and I think I'd get a little bored playing through the same game 4 times. I do think we should have a hard mode, though.

Now that I think about it, Zelda was kind of slow to recieve a hard mode. Plenty of games had it before Zelda, including Luigi's Mansion, Advance Wars, and even Halo (which had difficulty settings... Fitting for that game, not for Zelda)

RenaldoBush

Fellow Zelda Enthusiast
I don't think it's necessary to have that many modes... It seems a little excessive to me. I think we should have one hard mode available after beating the game. If we have 4 difficulty modes, then production on the game would take way too long. I like OOT3D's Master Quest, and I like SS's Hero Mode (although it was still slightly easy for me, at least compared to MQ), and I'm hoping we get them in future titles. But, not 4... That's too many! I like to try all the different versions of a game available, and I think I'd get a little bored playing through the same game 4 times. I do think we should have a hard mode, though.

Now that I think about it, Zelda was kind of slow to recieve a hard mode. Plenty of games had it before Zelda, including Luigi's Mansion, Advance Wars, and even Halo (which had difficulty settings... Fitting for that game, not for Zelda)

I completely agree with you!

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I say have the game scale with your preformanc. If you Have truble with a group of enemys then they hold back the more difficult ones. If you are haveing an easy time with them they introduce more complicated enemys.

As for puzzles basicly the same thing.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Okay lets forget all about modes, what about, just a game that has stat boosting type gear, so we can choose how our hero is, and how he Battles. i think we are focusing on MY concept to much as a MODE, instead of a concept for a game

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
HylianHero's idea seemed really original, and it's actually quite a good idea!

However, after reading Snake's, I don't think that we should be able to choose our own outfits, and unlock things, that would become too much like... WoW. (That's just an example). The idea is nice, but not for a Zelda game. If a game came out like that in the future, of course I'd get it - because it's still Zelda! - but I'm not sure I'd like it as much as other Zelda games, because it's not staying true to the 'essence' of a Zelda game, if you know what I mean...?

But still, the ideas from both comments are good, just not for a Zelda game. (I understand that this might completely be opposite to what half the people here think, and please don't hate!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom