• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think of the Uproar About Bayonetta 2 Being Exclusive to Wii U

The title says it all.

For me personally, I think this is a case where people's immaturity is really showing. I think the uproar is unjustifiable.

I didn't even know there was one.

I guess the majority of gamers play Xbox and PS and Bayonetta was a good game that most people would like to see a sequel to, so i guess it sucks for them that they now have to buy a nintendo console to play a game. Though nintendo fans have had that all their life...

I like that Bayonetta 2 is on the WiiU and exclusive to it. Nintendo seems to be pushing the maturity of its console this time around and Bayonetta is a good way to do it, a British dominatrix Witch couldnt be more fitting. <3

I think those who are upset about the exclusive titles on nintendo are prejudice against the nintendo stereotype that they're a 'kiddy' production company.

Though i dont think Bayonetta will stay on the WiiU, remember the capcom 5 that were supposed to be exclusive to gamecube which included resident evil 4? In the end RE 4 went multiplatform and one game of the 5 wasn't even made. So Bayonetta could easily make its way to the other consoles in time with added DLC editions.. such is the trend...

I didn't even know there was one.

I guess the majority of gamers play Xbox and PS and Bayonetta was a good game that most people would like to see a sequel to, so i guess it sucks for them that they now have to buy a nintendo console to play a game. Though nintendo fans have had that all their life...

I like that Bayonetta 2 is on the WiiU and exclusive to it. Nintendo seems to be pushing the maturity of its console this time around and Bayonetta is a good way to do it, a British dominatrix Witch couldnt be more fitting. <3

I think those who are upset about the exclusive titles on nintendo are prejudice against the nintendo stereotype that they're a 'kiddy' production company.

Though i dont think Bayonetta will stay on the WiiU, remember the capcom 5 that were supposed to be exclusive to gamecube which included resident evil 4? In the end RE 4 went multiplatform and one game of the 5 wasn't even made. So Bayonetta could easily make its way to the other consoles in time with added DLC editions.. such is the trend...

I do not think Bayonetta 2 will be ported to other consoles. With RE4, Capcom can do whatever they want since they made and published the game. With Bayonetta 2, it's a little bit different. Nintendo is publishing the game meaning they are putting money into this game. I'm pretty sure Nintendo will keep the game an exclusive since if they put it on other consoles, they will make little to no profit.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The uproar about Bayonetta 2 is completely justified in my opinion. What good is it to make the game exclusive (and I'm pretty sure the game will see multiplat release in the future anyway lol)? Why would you FORCE former fans to buy yet another $300+ console just to play a game they so desire? Where's the sense in that? I mean, what's the game being Wii U exclusive for? To maximize on the GimmickPad? Or, maybe it is just friendship between SEGA and Nintendo at its max? Whatever the case, I think the fans have all the sense in complaining about the game being exclusive. I know I hate to shell out more money, as money is already tight enough in the real world, why should it be tight in the video game illusion world as well?

The uproar about Bayonetta 2 is completely justified in my opinion. What good is it to make the game exclusive (and I'm pretty sure the game will see multiplat release in the future anyway lol)? Why would you FORCE former fans to buy yet another $300+ console just to play a game they so desire? Where's the sense in that? I mean, what's the game being Wii U exclusive for? To maximize on the GimmickPad? Or, maybe it is just friendship between SEGA and Nintendo at its max? Whatever the case, I think the fans have all the sense in complaining about the game being exclusive. I know I hate to shell out more money, as money is already tight enough in the real world, why should it be tight in the video game illusion world as well?

N64-Gamecube-Wii era: Nintendo does not get third party support: you suck nintendo!
Now it finally gets support: you suck nintendo!:S

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
N64-Gamecube-Wii era: Nintendo does not get third party support: you suck nintendo!
Now it finally gets support: you suck nintendo!

That isn't the message I was sending out at all. I wasn't cursing Nintendo for getting third party support. I'm saying the fans of the original Bayonetta have every right to be miffed about the game being Wii U exclusive. Why? Because they have to pay $360USD + tax at the bare minimum, or whatever the currency they use, to play one new game that *could have* (I say could have with asterisks because I don't know just yet) been multiplatform release which in turn satisfies everyone. But no.

That isn't the message I was sending out at all. I wasn't cursing Nintendo for getting third party support. I'm saying the fans of the original Bayonetta have every right to be miffed about the game being Wii U exclusive. Why? Because they have to pay $360USD + tax at the bare minimum, or whatever the currency they use, to play one new game that *could have* (I say could have with asterisks because I don't know just yet) been multiplatform release which in turn satisfies everyone. But no.
Well if it wasn't for Nintendo, Bayonetta 2 wouldn't even exist. The fans should be grateful that there is one in the works and besides, gamers should be used to this sort of thing by now.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well if it wasn't for Nintendo, Bayonetta 2 wouldn't even exist. The fans should be grateful that there is one in the works and besides, gamers should be used to this sort of thing by now.

It doesn't make their pockets happy, though, which is my point. I don't care if Chocolate Ice Cream 2 is coming out if the people behind that magnificent delicacy are making me pay $360+ for a brand new tub that could or could not look ugly to hold that new ice cream. Why did they have to switch the ice cream over to a new tub rather than using the old, pre existing tubs? The similarity is this. Let's ignore Nintendo altogether. The devs, or rather, the higher ups being SEGA, chose pretty much not to dev Bayonetta 2 (that sexy new ice cream) for the PS3/360 (in other words the pre existing tub). They instead chose to make all their loyal customers buy a new system (new tub) that may or may not crash (ability to turn people off), when they already have a system they likely shelled anywhere from $300 to $500 out for. This isn't the greatest thing, and this would make many fans mad. You could tell them to "build a bridge and get over it", but many would see that as condescending, elitest and just straight up rude. Again, my point is, the fans are saying "why should I have to pay EVEN MORE money for one game and a possibly deadweight system". The complaints are totally justified :/

Nothing irks me more than ungrateful fans. I personally would like for other obscure games from this generation like Mirror's Edge to receive sequels and what system the game is for doesn't bother me. Be grateful the game exists, not what system is it for. The popular saying is that the true winners are those who purchase all the game systems. This way, you never feel "scammed" by exclusives. I completely agree.

With respect to this situation specifically, Bayonetta fans are being extremely hypocritical. They urge players to purchase the game used. Wouldn't that require someone to buy a Wii U and new copy of the game in the first place? It simply doesn't add up. I for one am glad Nintendo is receiving extensive third party support and returning to the Gamecube days of "hardcore" software support. Hopefully in a year or two, this tarnished casual vision of Nintendo from the Wii generation will finally be shed.

Dan

I don't really mind it being a wii U exclusive, I play on getting every console from a generation anyway. To be honest I honestly doubt this will remain an exclusive anyway.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Now it finally gets support: you suck nintendo!:S

Um, the most reasonable side of the uproar isn't specifically about the game being on a Nintendo console, it's more like Ventus says: having to pay for a new console for possibly the only game that interests them. From the perspective of Bayonetta fans who might not be interested in Ninty products, you've got to admit it's -for lack of a better way to put it- a somewhat poopy situation to be in. However, I do get the same vibe you mention from several comments I've read on other sites. I'd say the uproar is justified, maybe not completely (depending on how you see it and which portion of the ones complaining you're referring to), but they have several good reasons. I'm sure many people here are aware how expensive videogames (especially consoles) can be these days.

Also guys, it's probably gonna stay exclusive. As StarBound says, the game is actually being published and financed by Nintendo. Word on the street says Nintendo picked it up since Sega had it as good as cancelled anyway. Makes sense, Sega had to cut a few corners earlier this year. There's not really much of a point in mentioning it, since all that brings its chances of porting to almost (if not) zero. It's kinda like the reason the first Mass Effect is still just on 360 or PC.

Well, at least this uproar does have an understandable reason. Believe me, there's been worse.

Last edited:

Dan

Um, the most reasonable side of the uproar isn't specifically about the game being on a Nintendo console, it's more like Ventus says: having to pay for a new console for possibly the only game that interests them. From the perspective of Bayonetta fans who might not be interested in Ninty products, you've got to admit it's, for lack of a better way to put it, a somewhat poopy situation to be in. However, I do get the same vibe you mention from several comments I've read on other sites. I'd say the uproar is justified, maybe not completely (depending on how you see it and which portion of the ones complaining you're referring to), but they have several good reasons. I'm sure many people here are aware how expensive videogames (especially consoles) can be these days.

Also guys, it's probably gonna stay exclusive. As StarBound says, the game is actually being published and financed by Nintendo. Word on the street says Nintendo picked it up since Sega had it as good as cancelled anyway. Makes sense, they had to cut a few corners earlier this year.

Well, at least this uproar does have an understandable reason. Believe me, there's been worse.

If what you say is true then I don't think the developers had much choice then ? Either way people will soon have to buy a new console anyway. It's soon next gen time. :D

No body is forcing anyone to buy the console, exclusives are a large part of gaming, and people are just going to have to deal with it. If you don't want to buy that system but love the game it's up to you.. I have missed out on so many of my favorite games because of it being on one system only, and I never felt forced to buy that game. You can't blame Platinum Games for choosing to side with Nintendo, they are a company and look for the best outcome for their products; they have said they hope to grow the Bayonetta brand further, and they think Nintendo is the place for that. That says something about Nintendo, and I am glad they trust Nintendo to do so. I just don't think you can blame Nintendo for stepping into the mature audience, every company will attempt to get their foot in every possible corner of the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom