• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think Of The Timeshift Stones From SS?

What Do You Think Of The Timeshift Stones From SS?

• Didn't like them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timeshift Stones are pretty cool!

• Didn't care/mind much about them...

• WTF is a timeshift stone?

• Total voters

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
They are really cool in my opinion.(but that seems to be everybodys opinion, looking at the results of the poll.) I dont think there are very many people who didn't like timeshift stones, and there is a reason for that. My favorite is the timeshift orb, though.

My opinion on the Time Shift Stones: They were amazing; irrefutably the best puzzle element in the series. My favorite part of the game involving the Time Shift Stones is sailing the Sand Sea and watching as it transformed into water before my very eyes. My only complaint about them was the inability to activate one that returns the entirety of the Lanayru Province to its former glory. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

I thought they were fun as a puzzle concept, but it would have been interesting to learn more about their background. The robots were mining the stones, but it seemed as though they were created in the time that the stones bring you back to. Also, who created the robots, and why was the past so technologically advanced? I was disappointed that we didn't get answers to these types of questions in the game.

Well, it's safe to assume Lanayru created the Ancient Robots. After all, he is the Thunder Dragon that reigns over the region. This role also suggests to me that the robots may have used Lanayru's lightning as a source of energy. In retrospect, I think it was blatantly stated in Skyward Sword that the Ancient Robots were employed by the goddess Hylia to mine Timeshift Stones, or something along those lines - that is, if she wasn't responsible for creating them herself.

I loved the idea, but i was dissapointed in the fact that they were EVERYWHERE. There were so many, they grew old pretty fast.

I thought they were Awesome! It brought somthing New and cool to the series, I hope Nintendo will still uses them some how in the Future Zelda games.. Imagine a OOT remake with time shift stones...so menny possibilities

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
They were an excellent, original puzzle, which showed Nintendo still has innovation when it comes to puzzles. I found them to be really fun, and, contrary to popular opinion, my favorite dungeon in SS was the Lanayru Mining Facility.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Incredible puzzle device. They allowed for some amazingly diverse situations by having us do past things first, then bring the past to life and face new obstacles. I wouldn't mind time shift stones returning in the future. That was a great way to mix up the typical switch-hitting.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
After watching a Robin Williams trailer, I assumed for some ineffable reason that they requires Skyward Strikes. The only thing I dislike about them is their logical discontinuity.

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
I really did like the timeshift stones, but it seemed like they got a bit old after the first couple of times using it. Like, if someone doesn't eat ice cream until they're 13 years old, then at first the taste is amazing, new and wonderful. But as they go on in their life, it just becomes another normal thing. I thought they were cool, but didn't have a lasting affect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom