• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What do you think of horses?

Do you like BotW's horses?

• Yes

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Horses are a myth

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I identify as a horse

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
I use horses about 80% of the time when I'm traveling longer distances. When I'm playing on the TV, it's a great way to sit back and take in the scenery, listen to the music, (the song that plays while on a horse is incredible, imo) and appreciate the game for exactly what it is. So I don't primarily use horses as a means of transportation, I use them more to step back from the game for a bit and treat it like an audiovisual experience.
That's actually a really cool answer.

Also, welcome... back?

Basically I met Sunder by catching him just because I needed a quick ride to the tower I could see in the distance (which was the tower for the Hyrule Castle region). I kept dipping into the edges of that region and figured it would be handy to just grab the tower real quick so I could see the map. I caught Sunder because he looked black (it was night) and rode to the tower, quickly realizing the error of my ways as I had to skirt a guardian or two but then getting cornered by several in some ruins near the tower. I had to ditch Sunder there and then sneak to the tower. I did get it, and then I had to turn on the Sheikah Sensor to find my horse and get out of dodge, hiding from guardians in the ruins and tall grass the whole way. When I got to him and got out of there, day broke and I realized he was dark brown. I seriously considered ditching him, but I realized he had good stats and hell, we just went on a hell of an adventure together. So I kept him. He's my main horse now.
So, I just lost my beloved Sunder who I met in the above adventure in combat with a lynel (the blue one near Skull Lake). I am PISSED. I am now going to kill that lynel after every blood moon. :ananger:

ray138

a Mid-West Monster of the Highest Grade
So, I just lost my beloved Sunder who I met in the above adventure in combat with a lynel (the blue one near Skull Lake). I am PISSED. I am now going to kill that lynel after every blood moon. :ananger:

There's always the Horse God.
Though, now that I think of it, I've never used her services. Maybe it doesn't work the way I think it does...
Anyway, I understand your anger.. God help whoever takes out Snoopy or Prickly Pete!

What do you people mean when you say they control poorly? Are you talking about how untrained horses are unwieldy and disobedient?

Last edited:

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
A bit of a side-note, but the best NPC in Breath of the Wild is deeply entwined with horses.
3c6222ece2e3c5b96658cd552a94b73e.jpg
1492929940943.jpg

Name another animal that is connected this much with a good NPC. Trick question--you can't. But horses have it down cold. Boom :cool:

Ninja

Well well well
I love the idea of horses in this game, however never really used them as much as I should have. I really enjoyed just running my ass off all over Hyrule and climbing everything in sight. Now that I have the Master Cycle Kek, it's an amazing substitute.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I finally did the quests to capture horses. Besides the stalhorse I didn't do any of the quests. But I captured and registered the giant horse and royal horse. Besides that, I'm not really interested in horses. I love to explore everything by foot and yes it takes a while, but I enjoy it :D

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
They work quite well in a game like this with a giant overworld size, my only complaint is you can easily deviate them which can lead to them (rarely) going down some steep slopes and not being able to go back up, or what happened once on a skirmish on the Bridge of Hylia versus some Lizalfos, a lizalfos stabbed my steed forcing it to flee off the bridge and onto a small island in Lake Hylia only to be stranded there because it was surrounded by deep water. :fpalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom