• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you think of having nearly all the lands on one big map someday?

What do you think about having almost all the lands on a big map and world someday? All the Hyrules as part of one big continent, with Termina, a smaller country neighboring it and Labrynna and Holodrum being two seperat continents in 3D? Minus Koholint and Skyloft.

I dunno. It seems like a cool idea and of course we'd need a way to quick travel. Maybe learning a song or spell on a flute and warping there a'la Pokemon or Earthbound.

A great big map like Golden Sun's?

Its just an idle idea and it may be a dumb or impractical one, but there are lands I'd love to visit in 3D.

Reactions: Dan

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah I think more of a Dragon Age inquisition style world would work best for this. All the lands in a truly open world game might be a bit overwhelming and make the open world too large and empty but if you could travel to different sections of other lands I think that would be better.

I don't know...I think if they'd want to do that they would have to scale each map down, so then the map doesn't have a lot of empty space, or a lot of stuff being reused to death..
But... if they were to pull it off, I'd be willing.

What do you think about having almost all the lands on a big map and world someday? All the Hyrules as part of one big continent, with Termina, a smaller country neighboring it and Labrynna and Holodrum being two seperat continents in 3D? Minus Koholint and Skyloft.

I dunno. It seems like a cool idea and of course we'd need a way to quick travel. Maybe learning a song or spell on a flute and warping there a'la Pokemon or Earthbound.

A great big map like Golden Sun's?

Its just an idle idea and it may be a dumb or impractical one, but there are lands I'd love to visit in 3D.

So basically Xenoblade Chronicles X in the Zelda Universe? I think that would work very well.

Id prefer if it was added to a new Hyrule Historia or something to be like "by the way, heads up on this fun little tidbit of info"

As in bringing all the worlds we've seen before back and slamming them next to each other?

ALBW was rather boring for me because of the sheer amount of familiarity I had with the overworld (even the story mostly played out the same with characters in the exact same places) so I'd not like to see every Zelda land I've seen before brought back all at the same time, I think id go insane.

Although, if you meant that having the lands from other games brought back in names only and Holodrum etc being a new version of itself like Hyrule is between Ocarina and Twilight, then that'd be nice. It'd really make it feel like a living world rather than just an island or small country.

It could also fill in some cool lore gaps to see where Nintendo would put these other islands/places in relation to hyrule.

If they don't do it in a game id like to see it in something like a second Hyrule Historia.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
It would be neat if, like the timeline, there was a big map unifying all the maps from the games. That's why I'm working on that unified map theory of Hyrule with my friends. Although we haven't been able to due to being busy with various things, but hopefully we'll find the time to work on that again. We're currently working on where Holodrum, and Labrynna are located.

In a land where Time itself was destabilized and the Universe began to crumble, the three major timelines created by Princess Zelda and the legendary Hero of Time warped and blurred. As the barriers separating these alternate realities began to break, various aspects of these realities began to expand and combine, in an attempt to reunite the timelines and restore the natural order of the Universe. However, the instability caused by these alternate realities competing for dominance has caused destruction, confusion and mass terror to engulf the land. Earthquakes ravage the landscape, foreign nations making contact for the first time blame each other for the recent events, and Chaos begins to seep through the cracks from the void between worlds.

The widespread peril and uncertainty prompt the Goddesses to awaken a Hero, giving Hyrule hope for salvation during these trying times, as they have countless times in the past. In an unpredictable turn, the instability of Time and the Universe caused the Goddesses' saving throw to awaken three Heros, one for each of the competing realities. The spirit of the Hero has been split equally between these three young Hylians. Should these Heros manage to meet and combine their shards of the Hero's Spirit, they may have the power to wield the three separate Triforces scattered throughout the unstable amalgamous world. Can the Hero of All Worlds find a way to stabilize Time and mend the torn, tattered Universe?

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heros
Coming for the Wii U in 2016

:bletsgo::gletsgo::rletsgo:

In a land where Time itself was destabilized and the Universe began to crumble, the three major timelines created by Princess Zelda and the legendary Hero of Time warped and blurred. As the barriers separating these alternate realities began to break, various aspects of these realities began to expand and combine, in an attempt to reunite the timelines and restore the natural order of the Universe. However, the instability caused by these alternate realities competing for dominance has caused destruction, confusion and mass terror to engulf the land. Earthquakes ravage the landscape, foreign nations making contact for the first time blame each other for the recent events, and Chaos begins to seep through the cracks from the void between worlds.

The widespread peril and uncertainty prompt the Goddesses to awaken a Hero, giving Hyrule hope for salvation during these trying times, as they have countless times in the past. In an unpredictable turn, the instability of Time and the Universe caused the Goddesses' saving throw to awaken three Heros, one for each of the competing realities. The spirit of the Hero has been split equally between these three young Hylians. Should these Heros manage to meet and combine their shards of the Hero's Spirit, they may have the power to wield the three separate Triforces scattered throughout the unstable amalgamous world. Can the Hero of All Worlds find a way to stabilize Time and mend the torn, tattered Universe?

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heros
Coming for the Wii U in 2016

:bletsgo::gletsgo::rletsgo:
Hyrule Warriors x TFH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom