• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think of Bongo Bongo

C

Colton

He was pretty simple... Just Hit him w/ your bow and evade his attacks. He did quite a bit of damage, but once you know all of his attacks it's a piece of cake. Good Boss, Crappy Temple.. Soo boring..

C

Colton

Pretty simple, especially with a video walkthrough. Not to hard, I thought the actual temple was more difficult.

NES

Awesome
Bongo Bongo might just be my favorite boss in the entire series! I thought he was fun and a bit challenging to fight and his whole character was just awesome with the speculation that he is probably Sheikah and all of that jazz.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Bongo Bongo can be a challenge until you get the camera angle and timing down. In fact, you may very well die to him before inflicting any damage if you take too long to get it down.

However, once you get into the pattern of shooting his hands, waiting for his eye to come down, shooting it right before it hits you, and slashing it with the sword... you probably won't even get hit. The real key to this battle is knowing to use the Lens of Truth, and getting the camera angle right.

On a more aesthetic note... I sometimes wonder if he's the man who originally owned the Lens of Truth. It's pretty obvious that the beings in the Shadow Temple march to the beat of a different drummer... and that drummer is Bongo Bongo. Can't get more different than being a one-eyed creature with disembodied hands!

As creepy as he is, though... I would want him on MY team when playing Donkey Konga with the DK Bongos. Somehow, I think he'd be a natural. ;)

S

Seanileus

Sure, he was difficult before, but fighting him now, it's wicked easy.
Just equip the Hover Boots and the Biggoron's Sword, and you can beat him in less than a minute, as long as you don't give him a chance to attack.

I loved Bongo Bongo. I didn't originally though. When I first played Ocarina of Time a long time ago and saw that sequence where he broke out of the well and took out Link and Sheik, I was getting pretty psyched. I spent the whole Shadow Temple wondering what I was going to come up against. Then when I fought him I was like... "Wut?" :xd:

But I've grown to like him. As odd as he is, he really is quite cool, creepy and even morbid. Love it. And he's also pretty hard. I'd say he's probably the hardest boss in the game, although it's true he is quite easy when you've gotten it all down (that's true for all the battles really; it was an easy game).

Bongo Bongo is my idol. A cookie for anyone that points out why this is obvious...
The obvious reason is so obvious that I shouldn't say it. :P

yeah bongo bong is'nt that hard but fun without the magnifying glass
Haha, I bet that would be fun. I've never tried that, but I might have to give it a shot sometime. Thanks for suggesting that challenge. :D

On a more aesthetic note... I sometimes wonder if he's the man who originally owned the Lens of Truth. It's pretty obvious that the beings in the Shadow Temple march to the beat of a different drummer... and that drummer is Bongo Bongo. Can't get more different than being a one-eyed creature with disembodied hands!

As creepy as he is, though... I would want him on MY team when playing Donkey Konga with the DK Bongos. Somehow, I think he'd be a natural. ;)
I wonder that myself. I randomly came up with a crazy story where he was a sorcerer who tried to take the Triforce for a fangame of mine, but that doesn't match anything in the game at all. I like that theory, though. Seems pretty possible. Hard to say though since we don't know anything about that man, and Bongo Bongo is such an evil creature.

Haha, nice. ;)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
it could be true coz the old guy in kakariko tells you that man lived over a well and possesed and eye of truth i think this could correspond with bongo bongo wizard guy wnet insane and went evil or likely a dead hand (guy dies corpse is reanimated by evl magic thanks to ganondorf). but this is just a theory if i find mor i will let you know.

HOuse of skultulas how fun is it hit the spiders??

O

Olaf Forkbeard

Um, I beat him using 3 hearts and no lens of truth, 1 fairy. Took me about 16 trys though. Was doing the OOT Challenge I read up on once. Beat the game with the least things required. Kind of cheating at it though. Using a sword hehe. next time through I wont.

Edit: I like how they essentially brought him back in WindWaker.

G

GamerMomma

Who made the lens of truth???? The sorcerer? I dont remeber them saying, and he or she must have been a Sheikah and the sorcerer too... Whoever did either made the shadow temple or was the first to infiltrate it.... Mysteries mysteries.

But yeah I think he was very hard, not what I expected, but once I saw his rythm LOL I owned.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
It was the hardest boss in the game the first couple times I played, but now Twinrova's first phase gives me more trouble than Bongo Bongo, I've just gotten used to his tactics I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom