• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think of Bongo Bongo

M

Mageling55

How do you think that thing is easy! After 10 tries I quit and went to the spirit temple. the site guide wasn't any help either. How do you beat him?

T

TyphoneAlexis

It was incredibly hard for me because finding the Magnifing Glass of Truth (Or however the item is called) was a challenge...For me atleast...

Din Akera

Sniper
Bongo Bongo is the hardest boss in this game for me. But, Mageling55, this is how I do it:

Once his hands start beating the drum aim your bow at one of the two hands, you can't Z target because the drum bounces you. Once you it the first hand he will stop playing, QUICKLY (!) Z target the other hand and fire another arrow. If you arn't fast enough he will grab or slap you and the first hand you shot will be revived. If you are successful at hitting the second hand, quickly put on the Lens of Truth, his eye will be coming straight for you. Z target quickly again and shoot an arrow into his eye. He will then collapse onto the drum/floor and will be stunned for a few seconds. Run towards him and stab him in the eye with your sword. He will then get up and back away from you. Take the Lens of Truth off and repeat the process until he dies. It is important to take off the Lens of Truth because you will run out of magic. If you are running low on arrows, shoot one hand and look underneath it, he drops arrows and magic, but running to collect them will forefit that round of stunning both hands to shoot his eye.

My biggest problem with him is I always shoot his eye while he is still too far away and I can never make it over to him to stab him before he gets up and starts again. Good Luck!

Ikana

Trollkastel
I basically did it how LinkandI did it.He was probably easy for me due to I played that game so many times.You have to be real quick too.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I truly loved this boss fight. Bongo Bongo was so challenging and fun. You had to quickly hit the hands, and then stab him in the eye. And it was difficult using the Lens of Truth in the battle.

He's still my favourite boss in Ocarina of Time. :3

I basically did it how LinkandI did it.He was probably easy for me due to I played that game so many times.You have to be real quick too.

I don't think that you have to be that fast to be honest, I didn't rush myself during the fight, just made sure I didn't mess up and fall off the platform before killing him.

I thought Bongo Bongo was a pretty cool boss, the fight was quite imaginative, it was quite similar to a boss I later battled in Super Mario 64 :xd:. The first time I battled him I didn't know what to do until I realised he was invisible and that you needed the Lens of Truth to see him, once you work that out though he isn't the hardest boss to beat but he certainly is one of the harder bosses in OoT. He is probably one of my more liked bosses in the game but he isn't my favourite, that's Volvagia.

I think that Nintendo need to start making more bosses like this too, he was actually quite hard to kill, unlike the newer games where you can repeatedly make mistakes against a boss without getting hurt or taking to much damage.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yesterday I defeated Bongo Bongo again and yes you can Z-focus on the hands. I did this myself and in the beginning when I first played OoT I really thought it was hard to defeat Bongo Bongo but now I changed my mind. It is very easy instead and I like fighting him! He has become one of my most fav Bosses. As soon as you hit him the first time grab your bow and z-focus on one hand, shoot it, do the same to the other hand and wait for the eye to move towards you. I hit him 4 times in a row in less than 1 minute.

B

Bongo_Bongo

Bongo Bongo is my idol. A cookie for anyone that points out why this is obvious...

CZG

It was cool to fight him. But just for the scenery. Fighting on a big drum, that was a cool idea.
Very lousy battle though. You can't be fooled. You know that you need the Lens of Truth. Either Navi spoils it again, or you got so used to that thing after the well and the dungeon that you take it for granted.

Once you got that. Z-target like you've done from the beginning of the game, fire some arrows (or another weapon), let it be stunned for a bit, pull out your sword and whack him, like you've done to Queen Gohma and pretty much everthing after that.

Falling of the platform didn't do much, by the way. It was poisioned water or something dark, that slowly took your hearts, you didn't fall down or get killed instantly. You could just climb back up.

I only like this boss for surprising me with the looks of the boss room and it's musical skills. It was something I didn't expect. In contradiction to many other encounters in the game, they were there mostly for nostalgia. Of course, I liked that too, but that's another story.

lilwilly

Swordless Link
YOU BEAT THE BIG GIANT CREATURE BONGO BONGO!!! Z-target the hands then shoot with arrows. (Wlkthrough says to use the longshot, don't. Arrows are faster and have a better chance of hitting him.) Then from there, shoot both hand so he is shaking both. Get lens of truth then look for his invisible body looking for revenge. Shoot the eye with the arrow. He will fall down. Run to him an press r. ( Without Z-targeting) Be sure to be in front of the eye and give it a good series of stabs!(Repeat process til dead!)

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I like him. He's difficult, but not overly so. Once you know what to do, it's not too bad of a battle. Out of the hand things from Super Mario 64, Bongo-Bongo and Gohdan from Wind Waker, I think Bongo-Bongo is my favourite. He's just slightly more original in that you need the lense of truth.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Bongo Bongo is by far, the hardest boss of the game, and one of the best in the series, imo.
Still, Wind Waker's Puppet Ganon is harder

L

laken7

I just beat him about 3 hours ago. I didn't die at all, but I had to use 3 fairies and towards the end I realized the reason I was sucking so bad was because I ran out of arrows, haha. But then I somehow managed to give the final strike before I died, luckily. I was even using a video walkthrough but he was just tough I thought. He has a lot of attacks and does a lot of damage and I just got confused and turned around at some points. At least I beat him on the first try though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom