• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think of 3D Dot Heroes

So there is this new gaming coming out for the PS3 and it's called 3D Dot Heroes. IT's coming out MAy 11th I think. any way if you bother to follow this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoFYEtj2tDw

You will understand why I listed this under world of Zelda. This is essentially a Zelda game so I want to know what the members here at Zelda dungeon think of it.
Personally, I think it looks very good. And I'm sorry to say that I think Sony really hit the nail on the head with this one. Let's face it, the bottom line is that this is a really great idea and one that had Nintendo not been so preoccupied with Wii sports and other such nonsense games we could of had something like this for the Wii. (gamer frustration there) I think that I'm going to buy it because it looks good.

As for anyone who was too lazy to click the link, basicly what this is is a pixilated 3D game. It looks like (and is modeled after) The Legend of Zelda. The 8-bit one. You can get the boomerange as I saw and It looks to be dungeons you go through.
So anyway, post your opinions on here and whether or not you're going to buy it or would if you had a PS3.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
My opinion towards it is... one of grudging respect. It looks brilliant, and I adore anything 8-bit styled... and that "Death Mountain" with the falling rocks looks absolutely beautiful, even if it's not the most original concept on earth. At first I was kind of annoyed that it ripped off various elements of various other fantasy games (Zelda being the most obvious)... but now, I'm just more annoyed that Nintendo didn't make this themselves (like you said). I have just one problem though, I don't own a PS3 xD

...Looks like I'm going to have to persuade a friend to get it and leech off them xDDD

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
I personally don't like the graphics. Also, I feel kind of bad for Nintendo, with sony getting away with a total ripoff. They even have the tektites! And the heart containers are replaced with apple containers. Lame...

Let's face it, the bottom line is that this is a really great idea and one that had Nintendo not been so preoccupied with Wii sports and other such nonsense games we could of had something like this for the Wii.

Haha, this thread just lost a massive amount of credibility for me with that comment. Any fan worth his pants knows that Nintendo has many other things in progress, and has already released enough amazing first party game to make the Wii worthwhile. And don't start ****ting about stupid third party games that they have nothing to do with them either.

But yes, the game looks good. So? Does this really mean anything at all? They used an idea. Fine, that's great, good for them. I won't be buying it because I just don't have the money to shell out, and FFXIII looks loads better anyway. It's nice to see the console getting this amazing genre too. But will it outsell and outrank Zelda?

All of you already know the answer. So I say we just all stop worrying about it.

Haha, this thread just lost a massive amount of credibility for me with that comment. Any fan worth his pants knows that Nintendo has many other things in progress, and has already released enough amazing first party game to make the Wii worthwhile. And don't start ****ting about stupid third party games that they have nothing to do with them either.

But yes, the game looks good. So? Does this really mean anything at all? They used an idea. Fine, that's great, good for them. I won't be buying it because I just don't have the money to shell out, and FFXIII looks loads better anyway. It's nice to see the console getting this amazing genre too. But will it outsell and outrank Zelda?

All of you already know the answer. So I say we just all stop worrying about it.

I agree with everything you say! But, people will always find a reason to hate. No matter what it is.

Din Akera

Sniper
Well, i definitely see the resemblance to the Zelda series. But I'm not a fan of the graphics, I am going to have enough trouble getting used to cel-shade fro WW I don't think I would be able to stand that for very long. But the game looks interesting. If I could get past the graphics (which I'm sure I could) I think I would enjoy the gameplay if it resembled the Zelda series as mush as it appears too. But I wouldn't be running out and buying it.

I'm personally really looking forward to it. It looks like it has a lot of charm, and I love the fact that it's an homage to the 8-bit era, particularly games like Zelda and Dragon Quest. I'll definitely check it out.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Sweet, props too Sony for using a different style. Now we gotta wait and see if it becomes a long standing series right? I mean I can totally see a 3D Dot Game Hero 2 coming out sometime in the future. A lot of the ideasiIn the game have been reused time and time again and it seems to borrow heavily from Zelda (ex. the chickens, the Boomerrang, the overall formula of the game). But I think this time it will be slightly different and even downright playable once the initial resentment wears off.. really though I think this game looks amazing. Try not to go to hard on it if you haven't played it yet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom