• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think Make a Person a "zelda Person"

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I can usually tell right away if a person will be a "Zelda person" or not.

People who are open-minded and have a love of story and depth seem to enjoy Zelda. People who just blaze through games without looking deeper into its philosophy, art, etc. just aren't the Zelda type. Or, to be blunt, the dumber the person, the less likely they will enjoy Zelda. I've noticed that people with a higher level of intelligence tend to enjoy a wide variety of games whereas people who seem less intelligent can't appreciate the series or anything that doesn't involve simple gameplay and story.

The most important thing is that the person was exposed to Zelda at an early age. If I were to have started playing Zelda now instead of 11 years ago, I guarantee that I would have just played through the game once and put it away in the shelf for the rest of eternity. This may cause some of you to say that I'm not a true Zelda fa, but that is not the case. I love it, have played every game multiple times 100% and I can't get enough. I still get goosebumps at some parts.

Again, I doubt any of these feelings would be here if I played Zelda for the first time this year as opposed to 11 years ago. This concept also seems to apply to books and movies. I don't know, is it just me or do some of you also feel that the stuff you love the most is stuff you were exposed to at an early age? Do you feel you could love it as much if you were exposed to it for the first time today?

L

Legend

Anyone and everyone can like or hate the series. There isn't some kind of discrimination on Zelda fans. There is no such thing as a true fan. A hardcore fan maybe, but some can say they have to be veterans, others will say they have to own every single Zelda merchandise on the planet. I say, if you have played at least some of the games and enjoyed them then you are a fan, no way around it.

Austin

Austin
I disagree on the fan-fiction/manga points. Especially the magna. I consider myself "a Zelda person", but I've never read the manga because I simply have no idea how to get ahold of it. It's not that I don't want to. (I keep wanting to call "manga" "magna". Damn my noobishness)

Pop 360

Angel Beats Geek
I think you need o be a good puzzle solver and a person who is very patient person to try and figure out some things, also you need to love just Rp games anyway if you dont i suppose you won't realy ike zelda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom