• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors What do you think Loot is for?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
During the livestream, we saw Link ever so often pick up loot from enemies. These were bokoblin guts and horns - things that we recognize from BotW. But what are they for, do you think?

If AoC uses the same systems as HW then the loot will be for upgrades.

We'll need so many boko horns and so many rupees to afford a badge in a menu that gives us extra attack power, or an extra special meter, or longer soul charge, or new combos etc.

That's usually how it works and I don't really see it being any different this time.

Different characters will need different materials and bosses will drop rarer ones for rarer upgrades (the RNG drops could get irritating in HW).

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Definitely for upgrades, whether that's for badges or weapons or both. They mentioned before that you can fuse and upgrade weapons, and we've seen them pick up weapon drops in the gameplay stream. Considering the already large variety of drops we saw just in that first map alone, I feel like there's too many materials for them to only be used for badges, plus with the previous mention of fusing/upgrading weapons... We might be looking at some kind of smithing system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom