• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think Greatfish Isle Used to Look Like Before Ganon Ripped It Apart?

Starblast16

Hylian Swordsmaster
Remember Greatfish Isle? Well I was thinking about what it probably looked like before Ganon decided to tear it apart. I feel like it was a nice island full of trees. It also looked like someone had a boat shop there so it looks like people used to live there. Also it would be somewhat tall for an island because there had to be enough space for the stone door that was blocking the way into Jabun's old cave. I don't think it'll stay like that though. Remember Linder planted that tree and he said once that tree spreads its roots, a forest will grow there, meaning that the island will expand, so that tree may be able to fix part of Greatfish Isle. What are your thoughts on this?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I honestly don't care how it looked like BEFORE it was ripped; it looks absolutely beautiful in the rain imo. But, if it looks beautiful as it is, then perhaps it was some sort of island paradise? With Gorons and other shiz?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I kind of imagined it like some sort of tropical beach type island, like Hawaii. The overall layout of the place, and what looks like a torn up beach shack, is evidence of this. Maybe it was the place that the people of the Great Sea went to for beach parties. Maybe it was like the cool hang out spot. I really don't know.

Zeldacenter

Playing Zelda since 5
I think of Kind of like windfall Island not just Because of the stone door but, Like you said before it was inhabited and it seemed pretty big so it was probably a great vacation spot

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's quite hard to tell really -- if we look at the geography the Island you can see that it's pretty large -- one of the larger islands, plus the islands within the vicinity are scattered.

230px-Greatfish_Isle.jpg

The majority of Islands within The Wind Waker all seem complete, basically one land mass. This is because the lands above the Great Sea are the peaks of Hyrule. As you can see though, this Island looks rather different, it's messed up to a degree, the land isn't completely flat and is rather inconsistent -- it looks like it's suffered a lot of damage.

I would probably say that this Island was probably connected as one, maybe it was a mountain above the ocean of sorts, you can tell it was quite high due to some Island formations being rather large, vertical wise. Within could have been Jabun, where he originally resided. Of course Jabun is quite large so the space would have to be sufficient to fit his size, so that's what I'm kind of basing my view on the island beforehand. People have theorised about this being the grounds for the "lost" dungeon, and you never know it could have but we're just going into the realms of speculation here.

A peaceful village full of Hylians, possibly a little more in population than Outset Isle. And maybe even a nice temple on the side built by the locals in honor of the legendary beast, possibly a mini puzzle in that temple to prove one's worth to talk to Jabun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom