• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think Are the High Points of WW?

Pen

The game is on!
You haven't played Wind Waker yet?! It's a great game!!You really must play it!!
Imagine sneaking around inside the Forsaken Fortress or just relaxing in front of the mini-game board on Private Oasis!!
Best features:
Music
Graphics
Storyline
Items
Characters
Overworld
:triforce:

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
It's a great game. It's very pleasing to the eye, the gameplay itself is great, and the story is phenomenal. Just be prepared for the sailing to take some time, and for the Triforce shard hunting (it's irritating). Also, get the wallet upgrades ASAP, and get as many rupees as possible, otherwise you'll be screwed late in the game.

Anubis

The most inactive active
Finding glitches, discovering new islands, hunt for new items/''upgrades'', sidequests, the music, epicness, chibi+cellshaded. :D
^Windwaker is epic, totally one of the best Zelda games.

Kybyrian

There are a lot of great things about The Wind Waker. It truly is a great game, and is, in fact, my third favorite Zelda game on my list. The Wind Waker was a very enjoyable game, and is definitely one that I wouldn't bother replaying a few times. I think that the sailing could have used some work, but it was pretty good. Some of the high points were things like the graphics. Honestly, the graphics don't matter that much, but I feel that they didn't go completely wrong with the graphics style of The Wind Waker, which is what makes it more of a high point.
Another high point could be the dungeons. The dungeons in The Wind Waker were very appealing. A lot of them were pretty simple, in my opinion, but that's fine. They were still enjoyable, and that's what we really need in a Zelda game. You can take all of the aspects of a game and sum them up, but what it really comes down to is whether it was enjoyable or not. That's what makes it a high point or not, a good game or a dud. The dungeons in The Wind Waker were fantastically enjoyable, boss and all.

The Great Sea idea was a very good idea, and added a completely new feel - one that I really enjoyed - to the game. It isn't something that's been used before, which is what made it so great. It was unique, and it was put into the game rather well. Sailing aside, the Great Sea was a perfect idea. The complete renovation of Hyrule was absolutely brilliant. The whole world was very appealing, and the game was fun to go through when you sometimes felt that sense of adventure when sailing on the sea. If I sat here and thought up a storm, I could probably list quite a few more things. The game was absolutely amazing.

B

BCKK

I love WW I am almost done with it for the second time! :D It's a lot of fun.

u should play WW pure love.
ill tell you why.
although the game is not that hard there is just so much to do.
like filling in every square where you give all the fish bait and then rhey help out with a clue.
the amount of charts treasure charts,triforce charts chatrs that tell you how many heart pieces are on each island.etc etc.

the story of how WW is set hundreds of yrs after oot and the gods after hearing the prayers covered the land of hyrule with a huge flood.

the cell shading i was not sure about but i love it now.
i just love link's expressions depending if he is happy,shocked,scared etc.
and the cutscenes are just amazing.
W's cutscenes may well be the best that any zelda game has ever had.

the music is also wonderful.
here are a few links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKucpWuE2RU

Djinn

and Tonic
Wind Waker was the first Zelda title in my mind to actually have an evolving storyline throughout. I love the amount of exploration that can be don in the game. For everything, discovering islands, treasures, mysteries, sidequests. The game is built up to have the player discover something new just about everywhere. And I imagine that could be a little frustrating to some players who are used to something more linear, but that is the perfect gameplay to me. But taking the time out to discover what is out there, what's on this island, why is this rock here, what is the ghost ship, what happened to Hyrule, where did Ganondorf come from, what language is Jabun speaking? The game allows the player to really explore and discover the mysteries of a huge fantasy world. More so than any of the previous Zelda titles in my mind. In earlier titles everything was set there in front of you, Link just needed to acquire whatever item or weapon needed to reach a new area or treasure. In Wind Waker you actually had to go out and find it as an adventurer would.

I feel the only real problem people actually had with Wind Waker was the character design. Not so much the cell shading. But the short, warped cartooney shaped characters probably turned of a lot of people who grew up on the more mature design and feel of OoT. Unfortunately too many people pay much more attention to graphics and not enough to gameplay and I am sure they miss out on some decent games because of it.

Wind Waker was the first Zelda title in my mind to actually have an evolving storyline throughout. I love the amount of exploration that can be don in the game. For everything, discovering islands, treasures, mysteries, sidequests. The game is built up to have the player discover something new just about everywhere. And I imagine that could be a little frustrating to some players who are used to something more linear, but that is the perfect gameplay to me. But taking the time out to discover what is out there, what's on this island, why is this rock here, what is the ghost ship, what happened to Hyrule, where did Ganondorf come from, what language is Jabun speaking? The game allows the player to really explore and discover the mysteries of a huge fantasy world. More so than any of the previous Zelda titles in my mind. In earlier titles everything was set there in front of you, Link just needed to acquire whatever item or weapon needed to reach a new area or treasure. In Wind Waker you actually had to go out and find it as an adventurer would.

I feel the only real problem people actually had with Wind Waker was the character design. Not so much the cell shading. But the short, warped cartooney shaped characters probably turned of a lot of people who grew up on the more mature design and feel of OoT. Unfortunately too many people pay much more attention to graphics and not enough to gameplay and I am sure they miss out on some decent games because of it.
i actually like the cartoony style.
give nintendo credit they took a chance and for me it was a success.
so many people miss out on games because they are obsessed with graphics.
wonder what they would say if i was to play my spectrum games.

G

Giraffe Link

I would say it's one that you can enjoy more than get frustrated over. It has a great story line and an epic ending that is one that proves how awesome Link can be. I just beat it for the second time and since i was like 15 and now am starting for the second quest where you get to wear Link's lobster shirt and you understand the Hyrulien text!! :)

I highly recommend you to at least try it!

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
If you get pst the cel-shade like most people did you'll find that its one of the best games on the gamecube.

my personal highlights of the game where:
setting out on the ocean for the first time you really get the kind of grand scale that this game brings without a dought.
tower of gods half way through the game and it feels like one of the better ones just not the first part.
And at last ganons tower personally I am not I fan of the end level of ever zelda game but it was nice to see what they brought to the table with this enstallment of zelda. Let alone the Ganon fight in this game is shearly epic, but easy if for your second or third time.

Djinn

and Tonic
Also this game did two things I thought were especially good. First WW gave us more characterization for Ganondorf than every one of the previous games combined. We really got to see what he was about and his motivations beyond a simple stereotypical villain what likes doing bad things for the sake of being bad.

And finally gave us the epic fight between Link and Ganon. No triforce, no powers, giant pig monsters, or tricks. Just the hero and the villain settling everything with their skills alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom