• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think About the Banjo-Kazooie Series?

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
Hey ZDUsers! ZeldaMaster here once again . So I recently began watching an LP (Let's Play) on the game Banjo-Tooie. It recently came to my attention that I love these games! Well the original two not the XBox one. So I was wondering what do you all think about the B-K Series. Lastly do you think that Banjo-Kazooie :Nuts and Bolts should've been for the GameCube?

I never really had the chance to beat a Bange Kazooie game for many reasons but I played those on th N64 and they were awesome,but since Rareware moved banjo on the XBOX and I'm a Wii owner,well I just decided to forget about that serie and I think that moving banjo on the Xbox wasn't best the move from Rareware.I dont know why they did this but since banjo is with microsoft,we dont really hear about him,I think he's not a good fit for the Xbox,I though he was dead,not long ago,before I saw the games he made on XBOX 360.

MW7

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie are n64 masterpieces and losing Rare to Microsoft was unfortunate for Nintendo fans. I don't want to speak bad of Nuts and Bolts since I haven't played it though. Kazooie and Tooie are games that seem to carry on the spirit of Super Mario 64 and expand greatly. They are some of the best games ever, and if you want to play another game like them, Donkey Kong 64 is very similar but an even larger game.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I loved Banjo-Kazooie for the N64, although I haven't yet beaten it. It's a great game, probably one of the better 3D platformers out there.
I played a little bit of Banjo-Tooie a long while back and that one seemed pretty good too.

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
Lastly do you think that Banjo-Kazooie :Nuts and Bolts should've been for the GameCube?

Was Nuts and Bolts going to be for the gamecube? Darn you Rare for leaving Nintendo before one of my favorite XBOX games could have been on my favorite system!!!!!1!! I really want to try the 64 games but I can't hunt them down. There is a store in a mall near me with old 64 games though, I'll have to hunt it down someday since it looks like a game I'd enjoy.

Both were outstanding games that i loved so much, spent many hours on them :P not played nuts and bolts but from my understanding it sucked and wasnt really anything like the previous games

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
I really want to try the 64 games but I can't hunt them down. There is a store in a mall near me with old 64 games though, I'll have to hunt it down someday since it looks like a game I'd enjoy.

No need to hunt them down, "Banjo-Kazooie" and "Banjo-Tooie" are both available on XBOX Live Arcade

I love both those games, but haven't tried nuts and bolts

Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are definitely the two best N64 games next to OoT and Super Mario 64. I've never played B-K:Nuts and Bolts, but it looks more like a "Build and Race" game to me.

Banjo-Kazooie was great by its own right, but Banjo-Tooie was one of the rare (no pun intended) games that I felt managed to elegantly surpass its predecessor. It kept enough of the original game to not feel like a total departure, while introducing enough newness to not feel like a rehash. Never played Nuts and Bolts and wasn't impressed by the trailers/reviews.

Banjo Kazooie Was amazing. I liked the second one a little less then the first. Wish companies still release games like that. I have never played Nuts and bolts but I heard it was somewhat of a good game.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I adore these games Kazooie and Tooie are two of my favorites. However the team that created these games are no longer a part of Rare before the company was owned by Microsoft for quite some time I don't believe nuts and bolts was even a thought until the xbox 360 was out as a quick cash in for Rare. Ever since the creation of N&B there has been no news of any new banjo game and quite frankly I wouldn't want one unless the original team worked on it which is a bit of a fantasy.

I have very fond memories of playing the first two Banjo games on the N64 in my youth and still love both of them. While the most recent Nuts N Bolts was very different from the previous two (it's more a vehicle building & racing style game than a platformer) I still enjoyed it for it's comedic lighthearted tone & aesthetic which was quite faithful to the originals in my opinion.

Hopefully they'll make another Banjo game one day, preferably a more traditional platformer. Would also love to see another Conker game while we're on the topic of Rare platformers :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom