• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think About the Banjo-Kazooie Series?

MW7

I'm actually replaying Banjo Kazooie again for only my second time right now. I didn't get the game until a couple of years ago, and IMO it totally blows away most games made today. It's not a very long game, but there's very rarely a dull moment if ever while playing the game. Someone needs to start making games like this again for Nintendo if not Nintendo themselves. Even if Rare is gone that doesn't mean they can't make games in the same style as this.

Big Octo

=^)
I love the series. The N64 games were masterpieces of platforming. I also like Nuts 'n Bolts. I don't care that it's drastically different from the originals, it's a good game as it is.

When I was younger and I was in the hospital, they wheeled a Nintendo 64 into my room and I tried Banjo-Kazooie. I spent like 5 minutes running around and I couldn't figure out what to do. Then again, maybe it was the medicine :P

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I LOVED them ! Best platformers ever, they had their own wacky atmosphere- the music, the characters and the world. i loved the way it controlled and the crazy moves you could pull off. I want them to make a new one, and no, nuts n bolts does not count.

Mayor Dotour

Mayor of Clocktown
Having never played Nuts N Bolts. I completely fell in love with the first two released on teh N64. The 3D gameplay and puzzle collecting very similar to DK64 was so much fun. I remember I had fun playing the 2 player mode in Tooie. Always won and never had any competition. 4 remotes and many siblings to play with.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I really enjoyed playing Banjo Kazooie and I'm still crossing my fingers that they will release them on the wii shop, cause my old N64 controller is now physically painful to play on :( I never got to play Banjo Tooie, not for the lack of trying. I've been looking all over the web, but anyone who sells it demands insane amounts of money for it :( I do have Nuts and Bolts, but I didn't play it for long before I started longing back to the old games :(

Mayor Dotour

Mayor of Clocktown
I'm still crossing my fingers that they will release them on the wii shop
Not going to happen. Since 2002 Microsoft purchased Rare so any games within Rare such as Conkur and Banjo-Kazooie won't be anywhere near Nintendo Wii Shop. Though I will say I'm glad that Nintendo retained Donkey Kong and Star Fox.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Since its release, Banjo-Kazooie has been one of my top 5 favorite video games. It has this endearing self-awareness to it that is only matched by Conker's Bad Fur Day and, well, the other Banjo titles. I also commend Nuts and Bolts for experimenting with new ideas, even though it's not something that I personally got into.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Not going to happen. Since 2002 Microsoft purchased Rare so any games within Rare such as Conkur and Banjo-Kazooie won't be anywhere near Nintendo Wii Shop. Though I will say I'm glad that Nintendo retained Donkey Kong and Star Fox.

Is that potentially why Donkey Kong 64 is not on the wii shop either?

Mayor Dotour

Mayor of Clocktown
Is that potentially why Donkey Kong 64 is not on the wii shop either?

No. As I said, Nintendo retained rights to Donkey Kong and Star Fox. I have no idea why it hasn't been released on the Wii Shop virtual console. Perhaps they were looking toward the future and releasing it for the Nintendo 3DS? It's highly practical now that we have games such as Rayman 2 & OoT.

Rare's Twitter Entry on the matter... http://twitter.com/#!/RareLtd/status/25013528136

~~~[[[Some humor I read somewhere "i fink dat the reasun dat dk64 isent on wii is becuss on the n64 it NEEDED the expansion pak and duh wii cant use the expansion pak so dats why there no dk64 on wii"]]]~~~

I laughed a lot reading it a second time.

Last edited:
N

NoahTheNinNerd

I love the Banjo-Kazooie series.
Although I have never played the first 2 (no N64 as a kid :( ) I have played Grunty's Revenge on GBA (if that counts XD)
I don't think it will ever be the same though... Rare is now with Microsoft, and Nuts & Bolts felt really different (I have played that, and watched full Let's Plays of the original 2 on YouTube) I do praise Rare for trying something different with Nuts & Bolts though. I do not think its a bad game at all.

I LOVE BANJO KAZOOIE!!!

I really liked Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, they were the best N64 games ever and they were a must have for the N64 imo. Grunty's Revenge for the GBA is quite good, it keeps all of the platform elements from the N64 games and It's quite enjoyable.

It's a real shame Rare went to Microsoft, They pretty much killed the series with Nuts & Bolts, it just didn't feel like a Banjo-Kazooie Game to me. If rare stayed with Nintendo or at least became a independant company and published their games on many consoles, they would continue to produce more Epic, outstanding, entertaining Banjo-Kazooie games to this day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom