• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think About Fi?

Like the title says, what do you think about Fi? Personally, I'm gonna like her. I mean, she calls you "Master" instead of "b***h" like Midna calls you!! (Youtube video, you wouldn't get it unless you saw it...)

I like her for these reasons (so far):

~Ghostly character
~Calls you "Master"
~Nice (from what we've seen/heard)
~Is technically a sword

So what do you think? Do you like the idea of her eing a sword? Would you like to be respected by your partner for once (well, Navi was nice, but kinda annoying...)?? Post your likes and dislikes in the comments!

~Linkanon: Zora Ninja~

N

NorwegianHylian

I agree with Cel-Shaded Deku, I'm gonna say her name like this "Phi", definitely not Fi like "Fai".

Navi = annoying bicht X_X
Tatl = Not as much annoying :'/
King of Red Lions = Ok, gave generally good advice :')
Midna = Dominant, but humorous and cool :'D
Fi = Seems cool, treats us with respect, got a cool short name and her avatar looks awesome! :3

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Actually tells you info about enemies like navi, but calls you master and is not annoying. The perfect companion. I personally find midna is my favourite out of the games I have played. I like her personality, but she did not provide enemy info.

She seems like she's going to be a great companion and probably even one of the sadder endings of a Zelda game yet... Since we know all of his companion guides leave him permanently at the end of each... I miss her already...

onilink17

onilink17
I like the fact that u are respected by Fi but i think im still gonna love midna's sarcastic attitude so much more.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Fi will be pensive in character, very calculating and informative, I think. She'll feel and look toward only her duty to fulfill her role ordained by her mistress, the unnamed "goddess," while bearing a broad love for music. As we move closer to seeing the Goddess Sword's transfer into the Master Sword, she'll start being more sorrowful by the fact that she needs to become one with the blade. But in the end her loyalty to her mistress will impel her toward the ultimate sacrifice: giving up her existence to see the Blade of Evil's Bane completed for its purpose.

Personally, I kinda hope she changes a bit... the niceness might get on my nerves. I like Midna SOOO much more because she's got additude. But Fi... "Phi" is so much better. I hope some characters (like Ghirahim) teach her to be less proper. Like in mAjora's Mask, the end, Tatl says, "Link!" (or whatever you named your character) "...I'll miss you!" or soemthing on the lines of that. I hope "Fi" does one of those, "Master... I... I hope you beat that thing to a BLOODY PULP!!" . . . just kidding, but I hopew she's not all "Master" this and "Master" that... yeah, I change my mind, that's gonna get on my nerves REAL early.

~Linkanon: Zora Ninja~

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Midna actually respects you...Not until after the third dungeon of course...but yes, nevertheless she starts to respect you. :)
So yeah, Fi (I also like Phi better) isn't the first non-annoying sidekick Link has ever had.

But anyway, I don't think I've seen enough videos involving Fi (due to my bad internet service) to give much of an opinion on her.

Personally, from what I've seen, she's shaping up to be my favorite sidekick thus far (and that's saying something considering I haven't even played the game yet . . . )
She will be obviously helpful, bringing back the "enemy analysis" option that we got from Navi and Tatl. She is full of information in other ways as well, it seems, too. She gives information about an area when first entering it, including information about the terrain and climate, which is something new we haven't seen before. She also, in a more recent bit of footage, seems to give helpful notifications when a shield or other item is close to breaking, and advises you to caution yourself while using it. This will all surely be helpful along the course of the game and said in a less annoying voice ^.^
What I also love about Fi is it seems there will be quite a bond between her and Link. I really love when I'm playing a video game and can actually feel something between the characters. I felt that in Twilight Princess with Midna (more so towards the end), but I feel Fi will have an even greater bond with our hero. Many reviewers have also been calling this Link the most emotional one we've seen so far, so I anticipate some heart-warming, and unfortunately, tear-jerking cut-scenes in Skyward Sword involving Fi.
So, yeah, I really love what kind of character Fi is shaping up to be and I hope my expectations of her are met !

I think she's shaping up to be an awesome assist character. I'm almost certain that she'll be among my favorites [...after I play the game, of course.]...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I was a bit inacurrate in my theory. It's called the Master Sword even when Fi is not in the blade, so it's not her morphing with the blade that powers it up to be the Blade of Evil's Bane. I still do think she will merge with the sword at the very end of the game, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom