• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think About a Legend of Zelda Game with 2 Playable Characters?

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
Maybe Link reincarnated as twins, and you fight as a pair. The enemies and bosses would have to be battleable in a dual fashion.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
You know, I just thought of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and how tails would often screw up stuff for Sonic. So it all depends.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
The theory is ok but I don't think it would work that well. I don't really want to see this in a Zelda game. Only in certain parts at the same time like Spirit Tracks.

It already happened in Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Phantom Hourglass. In MM, you switch between Link and Kafei in the theif's hideout. In WW, you switch between Link and either Makar or Medli. They don't fight but they help with puzzles. In PH, you switch between Link and a goron who can fight. He crushes opponents as a ball and fights the first phase of a boss.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
Actually, Wind Waker also had Tingle. That was the most broadly implemented two-player feature in any Zelda game. I'm personally completely opposed to a multiplayer Zelda game that doesn't also feature a strictly singleplayer option. It is too hard to find one or more friends who can all play at the same time as you to play the game together. From personal experience, I have three friends who have Four Swords on their 3DSs. We have never been able to meet to all play together, even though we live within a three-minute bike ride from each other.

W

Wind Waker

For one thing, Four Swords has already done that. And for another, I don't really think a two-player Zelda game would work out. Why? Because...frankly...all the other sword wielding, powerful characters in the games are the bosses. Zelda has always been a single-player franchise, with the exception of Four Swords. And that didn't really work out too well. Link has always been a loner. I just think it would screw with the feel of the story.

Might be cool. The other hero would have to be equally as epic as link though. It might take his fame away if his sidekick was taking away all the action

Eh, i am not very fond of the idea of having an actual Legend of Zelda console or even handheld original game with two playable characters. Perhaps a spin off, where you can olay as Zelda or even as Ganondorf solely, without Link in the game as a playable character might be kind if cool!

Personally I don't think I would be comfortable if you had to control 2 people throughout a whole Zelda game, I'd rather play as just Link throughout. And I don't like the idea of a Co-op Zelda game where two people can play. Zelda has always been a Single player game (Excluding Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures) and I hope it stays that way.

In such a situation, I would hope for a contrast in fighting styles. Link would likely be the meat shield, while the other character would be some type of elemental/healer character. Could be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom